Billy’s interview

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Why exactly? you have 2 top 4 / title challenging sides in Manchester. Do you want the pigs to turn around and get up there with us? Strange example.
No,its not strange.
If you are doing a report on a Manchester United game,there are 2 teams,them and their opponents,nothing to do with Manchester City,so they can be called Manchester,but they are called, United,the same as we should be in the report of last nights game,but its so ingrained in the national media that only Manchester United can be called simply United,and certainly not us,disrespectful is what it is.

I was surprised by his restraint and diplomacy after being provoked by supposedly unbiased (don’t make me laugh) media. The Wrexham management and some of their players were clearly appallingly snide enough to do most of the digging off camera.
Billy said what PH was not allowed to.
My only disappointment was criticism of officals, however bent and poorly influenced they obviously were. Still it needed to be said and PH position doesn’t allow it!

It’s over now, and strangely, United get the lucrative tie against Spurs. There’s a surprise. 🤣

PS. Billy please stay above it and let your football do the talking. 🤗
Unbiased media 😂
Have a look at the Times.

All Billy said was that he felt they’d been disrespectful, he didn’t like some things that went off and he’s glad we won. It goes to show just how sterile post match interviews are these days that this has been blown up into a major issue. Billy’s entitled to say whatever he likes. He did say they’d played excellently too. Fuss over nothing. Wrexham fans embarrassing themselves by acting like 15 year olds saying we’re “rattled” or they’re living “rent free” in our heads. No, we’ve just beaten you in the cup and our captain was asked how he felt. We move on now.

The whole thing is a fuss over very little.

I don’t begrudge Wrexham their time in the sun. They should have won the first leg. Mullin is the ultimate cheat code footballer. Let them enjoy themselves - it’s a good story.

Equally their opponents are entitled to not want any part of it, and to shove a spanner in. Billy spoke his mind. It’s only news because no bugger else does.

Does seem like a lot of fuss overall. Great cup ties, albeit bad refereeing.

I 100% believe Billy if some of their players/manager crossed the line. Last time I saw him that annoyed was when some dickhead fans called him a paedo for no reason.

I've nothing against their owners or fans.

We should have won comfortably but actually made it a bit more Hollywood by leaving it late.

On to the next game. Hopefully take that passion and atmosphere into Saturday and beyond.

Stay classy eh Sharp and Blades fans?

It's what we do

Utd fans throwing the toys out of the pram because the focus has been on Wrexham's unusual takeover. A non league side taken over by actors

No. We're just a bit puzzled by why the media has a bone-on about some clueless Hollywood chimp piling his hard earned into Sunday League football

What exactly has Ryan Reynolds done or said to piss you off so much?

Nowt. He's seemingly a nice feller. You lot however are a bit giddy about it all like if Disney can fix your abject peasantry. Old Walt could do a lot of things like make cartoon animals talk. He can't fix the unfixable though

MOTD interviewed him so what? The tabloids built up coverage of the game. We didn't.

Ooooh. Yer little liars. All we've seen are your town's ugliest gronks and toothless dole-cheats freshly decked in new Wrexham apparel giving camera time to how much your district football club means to them. Where were they when you were shit? Where will they be when the cameras fuck off and Reynolds gets bored?

Rob and Ryan have every right to use their social media to promote their club and strengthen the affinity with the fans etc

First names now eh?

Reality check needed by some of your fans

The reality check came late on last night when you were dumped out of the cup and now have to deal with Notts County, currently above you in the league. Then there's Division 2, which will really chop you up into little bits if you don't pay attention.

pommpey

I think we're falling for this, it's only parkinson and wrexham ffs, let's move on. By trying to justify sharp's reaction we're validating their importance, and providing their oxygen to make this a topic for debate. It was an exciting game and the right result.

They are discussing the Billy Sharp interwiew on Talksport now and inviting callers about it.

Think Simon Jordan summed it up well.
He said you shouldn't begrudge Wrexham giving it large because in the grand scheme they are a nothing club compared to Sheffield United.
He said maybe Sharp doesn't like the attention they are receiving but again...as they are owned by Hollywood actors then of course that club receives attention.
So he was kind of criticising Sharp saying at his age he shouldn't be reacting like that in public.
However Jordan also criticised Phil Parkinson for his comments about respect.
SJ said it makes him laugh how footballers and managers often talk about how they deserve respect but so often fail to give it out.
He said "who made Phil Parkinson the guru on respect" ha ha

Danny Murphy (ex Liverpool) defended Sharp saying we don't know what was said by the Wrexham players.
He said if it was personal then they deserve Sharp comments. He said when he was a player it was quite common
and he commented that when Liverpool played Sheff Utd in the league cup semi final Sheff Utd won the 1st leg 1-0
and their players were over celebrating giving it large after the match so when Liverpool won the 2nd leg 2-1 in extra time
he said they made sure their players were giving it large over celebrating after the match, so the Sheff Utd players could hear it.

Murphy said he doesn't mind all that stuff as it adds a bit of spice but maybe it should be done privately in the changing rooms.

No,its not strange.
If you are doing a report on a Manchester United game,there are 2 teams,them and their opponents,nothing to do with Manchester City,so they can be called Manchester,but they are called, United,the same as we should be in the report of last nights game,but its so ingrained in the national media that only Manchester United can be called simply United,and certainly not us,disrespectful is what it is.
You are reporting to the world. They are currently comparable in performance and could be confused.

A better example would be Forrest getting called Nottingham. Which certainly happens as they are premier League and the other team in non league.

You are now changing in argument. We are the first United and manure are not the only United. So that's a totally different stand point. But you moaned initially about being called by our city name without deferential from the other (currently insignificant) team.

When Micheal Jordan fabricates grudges to motivate himself they run a 10 part documentary series on him, we should be giving Billy the same respect. Whatever it takes to motivate the goat! (and I'm only half joking)

If that's all Billy said, I can't hear anything wrong.
Personally though, as for Wrexham eyeing up Spurs, that didn't bother me. Like when Wednesday had already thrashed us online in Sept 2017, just made it all the sweeter when we won.

Would expect something more professional from staff, but it's not our problem if they choose to react like that. Just carry on with our game....🤷‍♂️

the officials in both games gave us nothing and wrexham everything that non given penalty for us last night was the worst decision by a referee ive seen this season he was 10 yards away and looking straight at the blatant hand ball disgraceful decision he gave us nothing and wrexham everything last night

If you think that you ought to watch the first game again.

We certainly didn't get the refereeing rough end of the stick in that game.

Parkinson's a complete neanderthal of a football manager and the sooner he fucks off the better. Like Hecky says there's a way to win and a way to lose - Parkinson has always been terrible at that. He's a cunt.
This comment from him made me gip...

"The message to Billy is: You're better than that, you really are. My players are humble people and a great credit to the football club."

Yeah right they're really humble. If humble means even beating Norwich to the cheating, diving moaning bastards title 😂

You are reporting to the world. They are currently comparable in performance and could be confused.

A better example would be Forrest getting called Nottingham. Which certainly happens as they are premier League and the other team in non league.

You are now changing in argument. We are the first United and manure are not the only United. So that's a totally different stand point. But you moaned initially about being called by our city name without deferential from the other (currently insignificant) team.
Theres already a team called Sheffield,and has been for a long time,that's not us.

The Magic of the FA Cup. What a nice distraction that couple of games were. How refreshing to have a bit of needle between the teams, long may it continue.

Their pre-match antics re eyeing Spurs are also a product of the media. In the 1970’s the 3rd Round draw was performed by a group of mainly old chaps in Lancaster Gate during Sports Report on Radio 2 straight after the Round 2 matches. In the 80’s it got really exciting by being moved to the following Monday lunchtime. But nowadays the BBC make an entire TV programme from it, interviewing representatives from the underdog teams and basing it at the social club of one of them with their supporters present. As the teams are drawn, the audience are encouraged to interact with the people doing the draw. Its no wonder underdog teams get caught up in it all.

We did an excellent job of respecting the competition and the opposition last night simply by risking important players against a group of dinosaur led cloggers. The referee was indeed truly awful. I now couldn’t care less
about what happens to Wrexham for the rest of the season.

What I do care about is that we once again showed our resilience. Those reported comments about the second penalty and our players being gone could not be any further either from the truth or having an understanding about our character. That is three added on time goals we scored against them.

How refreshing to hear those comments from Billy after the match. Just part of the magic that means I could not love any football club more than the Blades.

Stay classy eh Sharp and Blades fans?
Utd fans throwing the toys out of the pram because the focus has been on Wrexham's unusual takeover. A non league side taken over by actors

What exactly has Ryan Reynolds done or said to piss you off so much?
MOTD interviewed him so what? The tabloids built up coverage of the game. We didn't.
Rob and Ryan have every right to use their social media to promote their club and strengthen the affinity with the fans etc
Reality check needed by some of your fans
You've got some actors on the pitch as well.

Well apart from a straight red card that nobody in the ground or on live TV seemed to see or call except for the 4th official.

We didn't see it as worth appealing and there's no clear footage been seen.

Either way, it's silly to suggest that the ref was heavily in their favour in the first game.

Last night he was poor but too many of our fans go overboard with refs imho. The loon behind me last night kept ranting that Reynolds had bought him off 😄

We didn't see it as worth appealing and there's no clear footage been seen.

Either way, it's silly to suggest that the ref was heavily in their favour in the first game.

Last night he was poor but too many of our fans go overboard with refs imho. The loon behind me last night kept ranting that Reynolds had bought him off 😄
That might have been me 🤣, it was tongue in cheek to try and get the ref to call it fair.
In reality, he was just really poor and did give them way more decisions. Especially when it came to pulls and pushes. Gave almost every one to them, Berge, Ndiaye, Billy and McAtee got similar treatment and he gave nothing.

Well apart from a straight red card that nobody in the ground or on live TV seemed to see or call except for the 4th official.
I think it may be a first for a red that you can't appeal it as there's no evidence of anything actually happening

Back
Top Bottom