Best United Squad - no 2 - poll

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Best No.2 since 1999

• Shaun Derry (1999-2000)

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Rob Kozluk (2000-05)

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • Leigh Bromby (2005-08)

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Greg Halford (2008-09)

Votes: 30 28.0%
  • Ryan France (2009-10)

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Stephen Jordan (2010-11)

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Matt Lowton (2011-12)

Votes: 54 50.5%
  • Daryl Westlake (2012- )

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Do I have to explain this every time...

It's based on players who wore the no.2 squad shirt. Neither Walker or Naughton ever wore the no.2 shirt.

this is going to be a long poll then and very confusing when it gets to players like jags and devlin who had multiple numbers

Shirt numbers used to tell you which position a player played in, but mean little nowadays. The match report on the official site listed our players like this on Saturday:

Long, Hall (Taylor 72), Maguire, Hill, Doyle (McGinn 90), Baxter, Collins, Cuvelier, King, Brandy (Westlake 79), McMahon.

If they're listing players by shirt numbers, why is Long first?

I see the run off for the worse no.2 will now be between Westlake and Jordan (though I rather suspect France's one vote may be a joke). If people can just put in this thread who they think is teh worst of the two, in the likely event that Messrs Jordan and Westlake fail to get any votes, I will tot them up we will then have our guy for the nightmare squad.

Jordan is worse, if only for the fact that Westlake has the rest of this season to get better...

Ah, I see this may be a moot point as someone with a sense of humour has voted for Jordan...

Jordan is worse, if only for the fact that Westlake has the rest of this season to get better...

Ah, I see this may be a moot point as someone with a sense of humour has voted for Jordan...

It only takes an equally humorous vote for Westlake to give us a four handed run off....

This is already losing credibility with multiple votes for the numpty that was Kozluk. It can only get worse......much worse. Number 4 is on the horizon. Can a poll die of embarassment?

I think I might have to change the way I do the "nightmare" squad. If things stay as they are, Bromby will get the nightmare place by virtue of his greater apperances, which seems a travesty given the likes of France, Jordan and Westlake being in the mix.

I will do a seperate "play off" vote when there there is a tie for the worst player to don the shirt.

Surely not brombs?

Back
Top Bottom