Berge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I know what you mean , but it’s harder for a big bloke to run like a small one , McBurnie been another example . But yes , for a 20 mill footballer he seems to be lacking in fitness just a tad .
Definitely not lacking in fitness, speed or running forward with the ball at his feet and taking it beyond players, Berge’s stats don’t lie, he gets in the team for these reasons. Norwood is very good but doesn’t offer that and when pressed can lose the ball with what we have seen recently. The figures don’t lie about Berge he gets up and down the pitch and has scored more goals than any other midfielder. Doyle and Mactee starters everytime and Berge deeper. Bring the others on to kill a game.

Thinking the impossible today. Norwood may be on the bench for rest of the season. No way would I have said that 5 weeks ago!!!!

I'm not sure what people saw today. He kept slowing the game down, takes far too much time on the ball and get caught out far too often. Yes, he's good with time on the ball but all to often he's myopic and just ambles in one direction and telegraphs what he's going to do. He was ok today, overall, but nothing much more.

He’s a good player, he one of those that you’ve think has lost the ball and then plays a pass or has a burst of speed to go past somebody. He looks more comfortable in this midfield. I thought he played well today, calmed it down, good with the ball and pressured forward:

I'm not sure what people saw today. He kept slowing the game down, takes far too much time on the ball and get caught out far too often. Yes, he's good with time on the ball but all to often he's myopic and just ambles in one direction and telegraphs what he's going to do. He was ok today, overall, but nothing much more.
I was just going to say the same, he always took an extra touch it seemed to me. I thought he was our weakest midfielder personally.

😂😂😂

He was incredible today my man of match

The problem with this opinion is Berge makes everything look so easy. Too many of our fans think because he's not running around like a headless chicken that he's bang average.

He receives the ball absolutely all over the pitch, often under pressure and very rarely looks phased by it. He turns out of pressure effortlessly and recycles possesion, very rarely losing it.

I thought he was really good today and has been whenever we've played to his strengths.

In a midfield 3 with Norwood and Fleck he looks bang average because that 3 has absolutely no balance and Fleck is sadly finished.

The problem with this opinion is Berge makes everything look so easy. Too many of our fans think because he's not running around like a headless chicken that he's bang average.

He receives the ball absolutely all over the pitch, often under pressure and very rarely looks phased by it. He turns out of pressure effortlessly and recycles possesion, very rarely losing it.

I thought he was really good today and has been whenever we've played to his strengths.

In a midfield 3 with Norwood and Fleck he looks bang average because that 3 has absolutely no balance and Fleck is sadly finished.
He has definitely improved in his desire to get on the ball. Hides less now. And you're right, he looks comfortable on the ball and rarely gets knocked off it around the opposition's box. But you must see that he slows the game down, takes too long on the ball and is slow to make a decision or a pass. It helped at times today that he'd calm things down but at others he took the wind out of attacks.

I reckon if he listens and will be coached that can all be resolved, but let's be honest he hardly had a 'great' game.

It gets said quite often on here that Berge slows play down. It may be true in some situations, but in others he holds on to the ball in order to attract pressure from opponents. When he does that and still finds a pass past them it takes one opponent out of the situation and thus creates more space for the receiver.

Today's winner was an example. Note how the opponent marking Doyle in the first image, gets drawn towards Berge as he holds on to the ball, meaning Doyle gets enough space to launch his shot.

Berge assist.JPG
Berge assist2.JPG

It gets said quite often on here that Berge slows play down. It may be true in some situations, but in others he holds on to the ball in order to attract pressure from opponents. When he does that and still finds a pass past them it takes one opponent out of the situation and thus creates more space for the receiver.

Today's winner was an example. Note how the opponent marking Doyle in the first image, gets drawn towards Berge as he holds on to the ball, meaning Doyle gets enough space to launch his shot.

View attachment 156170
View attachment 156171
That is a good example, agreed, and your point on it going both ways feels right - for this good play there were, however, at least a handful of times in the 2nd half where he delayed a pass/shot too long.

The problem with berge is people expect him to be pogba/de bruyne/intesta/xavi/scholes into one cause he cost £20 mill , every player in the Prem costs that 🤷‍♂️

He is a very very good player who has had to learn a new position imo

We signed him as Norwood and have barely played him in that role

I think berge wants the ball all the time to control everything but that’s what Norwood does so they get in each others way

Example today where berge looked great as he had the ball all the time instead of Norwood getting in the same position IMO

Back
Top Bottom