Berge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

90 minutes regardless. WTF is going on with this?

Anyway, I'll just once again congratulate the club on heroically keeping him in January rather than cashing in and bringing in a couple of contributors

51tlCsW4EOS.jpg

Berge don't even need to lay down to learn Norwegian as he is fluent at sleeping.

Remember that Leicester fan was it who said he was a fantastic player and what he would go onto become and we all said he's very average. This was in the Premier League. Now he is average in the Champ.

He's never going to be a top player unless he can put more effort in. That simple.

He will go to Serie A lowe down or Belgium or France and do ok but I've seen enough in his make up that he will never make a top player sadly.

What is it people are expecting from him exactly?

He isn't a box to box midfielder, that's not his role. In 25 league appearances he has 5 goals and 3 assists from midfield.

He's made a scapegoat because of his price tag. Same used to happen with James Beattie.

Very obvious today that he has no desire to battle once we lose possession - doesn't even attempt to run back and get goal side , let alone close down or tackle.
And when on the ball , he makes a safe 3 yard square or backward pass instead of surging forward + putting the opposition under pressure.
You can coach skills but you can't coach desire , of which he has none.
We've been hampered by all our big money signings apart from making a profit from Ramsdale.
None of the rest have repaid our investment.

Add Brewster to the equation and so far this is all adding up to an awfully large amount of money that HRH can ill afford to lose...
No wonder he wants out,....:rolleyes:

Berge didn't give a shit today.We are to slow at closing players down.We give them way to much time on the ball.Wednesday we closed spurs down and stopped there chances and should be doing that against all the teams.Think hecky has done a good job ,players are letting him down.
I dont think Hecky is now though, he;s gone to MR dont change anything?

He isn't a box to box midfielder, that's not his role. In 25 league appearances he has 5 goals and 3 assists from midfield.

He's made a scapegoat because of his price tag. Same used to happen with James Beattie.
The same Beattie who scored like 30 goals in 60 games, easily performing to the standard expected of him. What an odd comparison to draw. I'm expecting him to be able to hold his own in the championship more often than not - to my eyes he simply doesn't. I'm far past expecting he could live up to his price tag and be a £20m plus player for us.

There are times when he's slowed it down the 100th time where I look at him and wonder if we would be better off with 10 men on the pitch, so I expect more than that from a player that played in the champions league

Very obvious today that he has no desire to battle once we lose possession - doesn't even attempt to run back and get goal side , let alone close down or tackle.
And when on the ball , he makes a safe 3 yard square or backward pass instead of surging forward + putting the opposition under pressure.
You can coach skills but you can't coach desire , of which he has none.
We've been hampered by all our big money signings apart from making a profit from Ramsdale.
None of the rest have repaid our investment.

That’s just drivel he drove us forward more than any of the midfield 3

And for the goal he was the only midfielder tracking back

He is playing below what he can becuase he has a manger who has split up the best 2 attackers in the league ndiaye and berge one playing as a striker when he clearly isn’t (Ndiaye) and one as a centre mid when he has shown he is miles better behind a striker (berge)

He runs like he isn’t trying becuase of the size of him he is gangly much like Leon Clarke was accused of been lazy for a lot of his career

He is playing below what he can becuase he has a manger who has split up the best 2 attackers in the league ndiaye and berge one playing as a striker when he clearly isn’t (Ndiaye) and one as a centre mid when he has shown he is miles better behind a striker (berge)

He runs like he isn’t trying becuase of the size of him he is gangly much like Leon Clarke was accused of been lazy for a lot of his career

It wasn't his worst game for us. There are loads more games where he has done nothing at all.
Yes for the goal he was tracking back but he wasn't trying hard enough to get back. And it is nothing about his lazy style and being tall.

I have watched enough football over the years and watched enough players closely to have an opinion. What we have here is a player who drifts through games with odd quality spurt. Sander does not demand the ball and he is rarely commanding when on the ball. Compare his performances to MGW of last season. MGW made mistakes with flicks etc but he always wanted the ball and didn't hide.

I'd like to think we deserve a performance consistently from Berge. But as those performances are consistently poor I would have him on the bench. He is not physically or mentally up to it in the championship.

You've spouted some shit over the last few months, but even by your standards, this take intergalactically bad.

Oh for Don Hutchison in his prime. Sander should watch some videos of Don. Always wanting the ball, dictating play and those around him. Sander is a good player no doubt but he’s like a luxury wet fart at the minute. I think what annoys me is he’s talented but doesn’t go that extra 30% to make him a GREAT player.

The same Beattie who scored like 30 goals in 60 games, easily performing to the standard expected of him. What an odd comparison to draw. I'm expecting him to be able to hold his own in the championship more often than not - to my eyes he simply doesn't. I'm far past expecting he could live up to his price tag and be a £20m plus player for us.
I loved Beatts. One of the best strikers we've had in the last 40 years. But he used to get a right kicking from a large section of our fans.

You've spouted some shit over the last few months, but even by your standards, this take intergalactically bad.

Go on then explain to me why I’m wrong ?

As per most of the usual replies it’s just insults with no substance to what is been said

Somehow it looks like Berge doesn't have his hearth in it and is trying to do something instead of actually doing something. When he has motivation or good day he can perform really well like against Spurs, but was the motivation more to impress other clubs or do good for us, har to tell.
I don't know if his motivation dropped when the club dropped into Champs, but he has been half a**ed 2 seasons soon.
Can only hope, that someone comes in with truckload of cash in the summer.

If no club comes in for him we could give Sheffield Sharks a ring a non contact sport like basketball might be his bag. Even Son put him on his arse the other night the guy is as soft as shit. Having said that the other two were little better today.

Should have cashed in, last January. It’s not the midfield that will stop us getting promoted, it’s a chronic lack of goal scorers. It’s been obvious all season we need more pace up front, more energy, selling Berge would have allowed us to address that. 🤨
No no no

It’s totally the midfield

We have the slowest midfield I have ever seen

Take a look at Blackburn- once they decided to press us we didn’t have a clue -

Our midfield is totally and utterly woeful

Could we have benefited by recruiting a forward - of course

But without someone to feed them - they’re basically fkd

You need to call the fucking Stroke Line because you're spouting bollocks. Nobody drove us forward today, and as for that gangly twat, his first (and second......and third) touches today had me thinking he was playing with a fucking beach ball. Off his toe, off his knee, stand on it, the whole host of shitness we've come to expect from darling Sandra.

As to tracking back, now I know you're on the wind up. He jogged a disinterested jog with no expectation nor intent to close their players down. A UEFA badged lettuce could see that, you didn't, you're obviously......

76mpc8.jpg

Ndiaye and McBurnie are good players but they never got a sniff today mainly because they had no service at all. Brooks and Coulibaly were better the other night against better opposition. I'm dreading next season already transfer embargo and all we will be left with is kids, Fleck, Norwood etc both into their 30's. Been saying it for years we need a new dynamic midfield, age is creeping up on half the squad none more so than Billy Sharp who again did nothing and if he does it is usually getting caught offside

Back
Top Bottom