Berge, WTF?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It’s ok to think he’s a decent player but he’s been shit for us. Leon Britton was the same. Just doesn’t fit in our system.

Which club would risk millions of pounds on a player who has had surgery on their hamstring
Whoever wants to do that I am certain they would wait to see how he does during the first part of next season

It’s ok to think he’s a decent player but he’s been shit for us. Leon Britton was the same. Just doesn’t fit in our system.

Agree with all the above

However Britton was shit in a midfield that due to Blackwells tactics had a watching brief, normally at tree top height

Berge didn’t fit CW system, but can we get a manager in who can play to his strengths rather than play around them??

Love PA to commit to keeping Egan, Berge and Brewster and part of the interview process is to ask the candidate how he will get the best out of them

Over rated as fuck. Keep Egan and O'Connell and I'm happy.
Whilst it's only rumours, if we take them as having some grounding in fact or at the the realms of truth

This years Premier League Champions (and possible Champions League winners), with one of the greatest managers of all time, enough budget to buy nearly anyone in world football, likely one of the most extensive and sophisticated scouting networks in the world are happy to spend upwards 30-40m for him.

Yet BladeTillIDie says he's "over-rated as fuck".... So i guess that's that. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Whilst it's only rumours, if we take them as having some grounding in fact or at the the realms of truth

This years Premier League Champions (and possible Champions League winners), with one of the greatest managers of all time, enough budget to buy nearly anyone in world football, likely one of the most extensive and sophisticated scouting networks in the world are happy to spend upwards 30-40m for him.

Yet BladeTillIDie says he's "over-rated as fuck".... So i guess that's that. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Hahaha if Liverpool buy Berge for 30 plus million I'll show my ass. Ffs

I read somewhere Genk have a 20% sell on clause , not sure if his release clause becomes active because of relegation but if so it maybe the amount we paid less the 20% which then it would probably work out around 18m . Hope not but this wasn't expected to happen when he signed so we may have been protecting ourselves with his wages .utb

20% of any profit, not 20% of the proceeds. Therefore if Utd recoup what they paid, or any less, Genk get nothing

I'd love to see him play for us again, he'd dominate in the Championship I'm sure, but I can't see it happening sadly.

If it isnt up to the club and not up to the player who is it up to?

Probably Berges agent

Any club meet the release clause it’s out of our clubs hands and into the hands of Berges agent

I read somewhere Genk have a 20% sell on clause , not sure if his release clause becomes active because of relegation but if so it maybe the amount we paid less the 20% which then it would probably work out around 18m . Hope not but this wasn't expected to happen when he signed so we may have been protecting ourselves with his wages .utb
Release clauses only apply to profit.

Regarding the rest of this thread, he has three years left on his deal. And why would we gamble £22m on a young player and insert a relegation release clause of less than we paid for him.

Unless someone was so desperate to sign an unproven, young midfielder that they are willing to put a cheap clause in, there’s no way that happened.

We will get £30m for him no problem.

Man City and Liverpool as well as plenty of others spend a fair chunk on complete donkeys too you know? I’m not saying Berge is a donkey but I do think he is essentially the best of a bad bunch in our midfield. He is closer to Championship than Champions League quality, I’d snatch your hand off for the same money we paid for him.

Thought that for months mate , I think he feels he is too precious to risk all in nothing games for us.....I think he will look back on us as a shit stain on his career ...
I don't know him personally so I could be totally wrong ....
My estimate is 12 to 16 million .....
Gone before summer holidays
12 to 16 million what though? Definitely not quid. Washers maybe...

Surely just referencing a release clause on relegation which is expected to be met?

The release clause would mean we have to accept if the relevant fee is offered.

It doesn't mean Berge has to sign for said club as the final decision still rests with him.

All it does is take our response off the table.

The release clause is over £30 million. ⚔️

Considering he's had about the same impact as a fart in a hurricane, if we can turn a profit on him, let's get shut and we'll stick him in the same category as Lee Evans, Ryan Leonard and John Lundstram - as cunts who once played for us but now don't.

Yet BladeTillIDie says he's "over-rated as fuck".... So i guess that's that
I'd love to see him play for us again, he'd dominate in the Championship I'm sure, but I can't see it happening sadly.
Way, way out of his depth in the Premier league. Absolutely no drive or attacking ability whatsoever.

Release clauses only apply to profit.

Regarding the rest of this thread, he has three years left on his deal. And why would we gamble £22m on a young player and insert a relegation release clause of less than we paid for him.

Unless someone was so desperate to sign an unproven, young midfielder that they are willing to put a cheap clause in, there’s no way that happened.

We will get £30m for him no problem.

You’re getting mixed up. Sell on clauses (usually) relate to profit. Release clauses will be based on a set amount per his contract.

Gutted we’ve barely seen him get going, looked like a player at times earlier this season before injury. Selfishly I’m a bit bitter we’ve not seen him busting his bollocks to get back and play more this season but obviously don’t know anything about his recovery process. £30m+ hopefully

The release clause would mean we have to accept if the relevant fee is offered.

It doesn't mean Berge has to sign for said club as the final decision still rests with him.

All it does is take our response off the table.
Unless the release clause is so crazy high that its out of our hands if someone does meet it but out of Berges hand if no-one meets it.

Aha stumped you now! 😂

Personally I thought Brooks was better than Berge and Bournemouth have managed to keep hold of him, possibly due to his long injury which is similar to Berge. Top clubs might see it as too much of a gamble.. So I reckon he might be with us for a while longer.
Brooks injury is different he had glandular fever which remains in the system for life and can recrop up at any time in the future and results getting chronically fatigued extremely quickly

Signing someone who has had glandular fever is a risk and can be a liability, it has ruined many athletes professional careers

And that’s why we won’t do anything next season. Norwich kept most of their best players. We seem to want to get rid of all ours.

Brooks injury is different he had glandular fever which remains in the system for life and can recrop up at any time in the future and results getting chronically fatigued extremely quickly

Signing someone who has had glandular fever is a risk and can be a liability, it has ruined many athletes professional careers
Lot's of players have reoccurring injuries so I guess any player thats been out for a long period of time is a bit of a gamble.

And that’s why we won’t do anything next season. Norwich kept most of their best players. We seem to want to get rid of all ours.

Couple of examples chap?

Can’t recall any instances where we have publicly touted our best players.....

And most relegated team walk into EFL with bulging pockets filled by match day revenue - tickets, sponsorship, commercial deals etc we have the thin end of fuck all from this revenue stream

Norwich sold Godfrey £24m & Lewis £15m BTW

Couple of examples chap?

Can’t recall any instances where we have publicly touted our best players.....

And most relegated team walk into EFL with bulging pockets filled by match day revenue - tickets, sponsorship, commercial deals etc we have the thin end of fuck all from this revenue stream

Norwich sold Godfrey £24m & Lewis £15m BTW
Yeah and look who they kept.

we will see on which way we go this summer.

Over rated as fuck. Keep Egan and O'Connell and I'm happy.
Don’t think we’ve a choice on O’Connell as the longer this injury of his drags on the bigger the question marks are as to whether he’ll kick a ball in anger again. As for Egan really rate him but he doesn’t have a skill set which is irreplaceable he’s probably going to enjoy a good few years at this sort of level but there are other John Egan type players out there.

Yeah and look who they kept.

we will see on which way we go this summer.

100% agree

Keeping Pukki Cantwell Buendia and Aaron’s was critical

Still interested to see the grounds you claim “we seem to want to get rid of all ours” though.....

Its not up to Heckingbottom and Tindall because its likely they will be replaced, so won't be in the same job next season.

Its not up to Berge because he likely has a release clause in his contract, probably between 25-30m and his advisors will likely lead him to the place they will make the most money from.

Not really hard to interpret.

Back
Top Bottom