Berge to man city for 38m

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

i would love us to keep berge and build a team round him but im afraid its not going to happen imo he will be the first to go but we really shouldnt sell for anything less than 30m especially with us losing 20% of that money

I don’t think international caps are necessarily a must have a think you can get the requisite amount of points by playing enough games in a high enough league. I’m fairly sure some posters have pointed out that Coulibaly would now qualify based on the amount of games he’s played.

Yeah it will effect a Norwich or even more so Brentford who look for undervalued players from less highly rated leagues. It’s going to require players stopping off in other leagues before coming to England.
I've not read that Coulibaly does qualify yet, is that definite? He's only played one season on loan there and Beerschot are not a big club either or playing in Europe, given that the status of the club is taken into account and wheter the team plays in Europe.

Going back to Norwich's model, they signed many players from the Bundesliga 2 (champonship level) and I doubt they'd get them over the line now. I think Pukki would be accepted byt the exceptions panel though as he had over 50 caps when they signed him. If a player is a free agent, as Pukki was, them presumably the player's last club is taken into account as his most recent experience. It's all confusing to me but I'm sure will become apprent when we see who comes in this summer from abroad.

I've not read that Coulibaly does qualify yet, is that definite? He's only played one season on loan there and Beerschot are not a big club either or playing in Europe, given that the status of the club is taken into account and wheter the team plays in Europe.

Going back to Norwich's model, they signed many players from the Bundesliga 2 (champonship level) and I doubt they'd get them over the line now. I think Pukki would be accepted byt the exceptions panel though as he had over 50 caps when they signed him. If a player is a free agent, as Pukki was, them presumably the player's last club is taken into account as his most recent experience. It's all confusing to me but I'm sure will become apprent when we see who comes in this summer from abroad.
I can’t say I’ve done the reading up myself but several posters I think Flatulent_Bob was one said he’d qualify based on this years games. My understanding is that the stature of the club doesn’t matter but more the level of the competition that club competes in.

Yeah it’s the cheap gambles from lower European levels that will be prevented by the new system. It genuinely could mean other clubs look for more formalised European links to give players the requisite experience to get work permits.

I can’t say I’ve done the reading up myself but several posters I think Flatulent_Bob was one said he’d qualify based on this years games. My understanding is that the stature of the club doesn’t matter but more the level of the competition that club competes in.

Yeah it’s the cheap gambles from lower European levels that will be prevented by the new system. It genuinely could mean other clubs look for more formalised European links to give players the requisite experience to get work permits.
I believe he’d squeak in this season, even though he’s now injured based on it being his debut season. Next season it would be tougher he wouldn’t need to play in 90% of games and possibly get some sort of international recognition to get in.
The issue would seem to be, as with our other youngster, that he’s not actually good enough yet. However, if we do buy/loan a whole new midfield I could see why we may bring him over to integrate him into the squad and bring him in and out the team throughout the season. But I would stress we need quality and experience around him, from what I’ve seen and read he isnt close to being consistent enough for us to think of him anything more than a development player next year.

Last edited:
I have a feeling players like Berge are going to be reluctant to move until they know the outcome of this European Super League Would A raltively young player like Berge want to sign for a Super League team if he then couldn't play for his country Will teams like Villa want to spend huge when the Premier Leagu might lose six clubs and a substantial amount of TV revenue

I’d rather he’d go anywhere but villa, I just can’t stand them
I get the sentiment, I really do. But in this case the money would far outweigh any other considerations.

That said, I don't think there's any chance we get that much for him.

I hope not villa, anywhere but there. Hate them so much and will never forget or forgive that goal

I get the sentiment, I really do. But in this case the money would far outweigh any other considerations.

That said, I don't think there's any chance we get that much for him.
At least we'd be getting something back for our scouting, normally they just blow our offers out the water and we get fuck all for our efforts.

Personally if Berge was to leave (I would prefer to watch him play for us) then a team like Villa that throws money around would be great.

Teams like City, Liverpool, Spurs tend to buy well and more often than not get themselves a good deal. Teams like Man Utd, Villa, Chelsea tend to drop cash to seal a deal.

Personally if Berge was to leave (I would prefer to watch him play for us) then a team like Villa that throws money around would be great.

Teams like City, Liverpool, Spurs tend to buy well and more often than not get themselves a good deal. Teams like Man Utd, Villa, Chelsea tend to drop cash to seal a deal.
Villa with a sell on clause would be almost ideal. Win/Win.

Villa with a sell on clause would be almost ideal. Win/Win.

In theory!!
  • A decent season with Villa, finishing 10th with Sander as their best player.
  • Grealish stays and Sander unites with Ole his fellow Norwegian at Man United
  • Man United pay £70m for him and Blades get a nice 30% sell-on cut
Think I'm getting a bit bladetoolong here

In theory!!
  • A decent season with Villa, finishing 10th with Sander as their best player.
  • Grealish stays and Sander unites with Ole his fellow Norwegian at Man United
  • Man United pay £70m for him and Blades get a nice 30% sell-on cut
Think I'm getting a bit bladetoolong here
Villa are the archetypal club you sign for in order to earn a move to a top team as a starter. They are the gatekeepers for domestic players who aspire to be a starter rather than just a bench warmer for the top 6.

They're also only in this league and talking about taking our most valuable player due to cheating against us.

They're also only in this league and talking about taking our most valuable player due to cheating against us.
I blame the officials more than Villa. It was the ref, linesman and VAR and PGMOL who cheated us not Villa, they were just the beneficiaries of the cheating carried out by the officials.

I blame the officials more than Villa. It was the ref, linesman and VAR and PGMOL who cheated us not Villa, they were just the beneficiaries of the cheating carried out by the officials.
True, but it was so bad I consider it borderline "give the opposition a goal" territory.

Back
Top Bottom