CONFIRMED Berge to Burnley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

- To hoist something, is to pull something up, not down.

- A keg of beer. A barrel, if you like, usually to hold liquid.

- The word you were looking for, is ‘keks' Sheffield slang for knickers/pants. ;)
When I was growing up and through school in the 80s and early 90s it was always kegs, and there wasn't such thing as a wedgie people were kegged , never heard it called keks until I was in my 20's

👀 maybe the grass wasn’t greener

He may fade away into the football wilderness....
Still think he’ll end up with a cushy move abroad to Belgium or Holland because he’s a full international but if he wants more than that for his career then he’ll have to start putting in performances. A mediocre stint with us could be written off as a bad move add in flop at Burnley and it starts to look like a pattern

I was more bothered about Ndiaye leaving than Berge, and still feel that way. Berge was a luxury we didn't need. He wasn't a box to box midfielder, he wasn't an out and out attacking midfielder, he wasn't an out and out defensive midfielder. I still can't figure out what kind of midfielder he is. He just didn't seem comfortable in our system, hence the 50/50 standard. One game looks amazing, the next you didn't even realise he was on the pitch as he was invisible. It's why I don't like Norwood. I'd rather have a player who gives you 8 good games and 2 bad, than 50/50, and Norwood has always been 50/50. You don't know if effective or ineffective Norwood will turn up, except off the ball where you know you'll get nothing. Back to Berge, I don't miss him at all as looking back over his entire Blades career, there wasn't a whole lot to miss, some occassional highlights, but overall he was meh.

When I'm grey and old and tell future grandkids tales of Blades last, Berge won't even get a mention. That I'm confident of.

Last edited:
Brownhill is way better than Berge. But don't tell Sir Vincent though. Let that egotistical prst work that out for himself in due course.

£15m for Berge. Almost laughed my tits off when I heard. Nice lad though 😏

I have watched the highlights from all of their games, and I am not sure that I have seen Berge touch the ball yet. He also seems to be yards away from the player he is supposed to be tracking and can't seem to get beyond a canter when tracking back to defend.

Very much like how he played for us for a long time. He will settle there and improve but Kompany is braindead if he thinks he can turn him into an all action player. Just give him the ball and ask him to bomb forward. It's the only thing he can seemingly do well.

Still think he’ll end up with a cushy move abroad to Belgium or Holland because he’s a full international but if he wants more than that for his career then he’ll have to start putting in performances. A mediocre stint with us could be written off as a bad move add in flop at Burnley and it starts to look like a pattern
He won’t because he can’t - he just does not have the engine to really excel the frantic English game.

Genuinely the most over rated player (not by our fans but the whole footballing world) that has ever played for us. We’ve upgraded on him significantly. He’s a Alpha Romeo, looks lovely on the surface but works 1 in 7.

Yes, yes, yes. But more importantly....(as far as some on here were concerned)... He's a nice lad.

£15m. Daylight robbery (I do like him though as he's a nice lad with plenty of coin and I'd be well happy if my daughter brought him home). Nice lad.😉

Yes, yes, yes. But more importantly....(as far as some on here were concerned)... He's a nice lad.

£15m. Daylight robbery (I do like him though as he's a nice lad with plenty of coin and I'd be well happy if my daughter brought him home). Nice lad.😉
…….and playing in strange positions, in a strange country, and only 15 games after a minor injury. :)

Bingo!

Berge was an asset in the Championship but I think PL is beyond him. In retrospect we did good business as he was influential last season and a key to promotion. But for a team scrapping for survival in the Prem big question marks. He'll be dropped soon or out with an injury.

Biggest thing for me about Berge is that he would least likely to be in the trenches with us when we are scrapping for vital survival points.

I must say i thought he would thrive under kompany or a fulham type club. It’s still early days for him and i do hope he turns it around for them next year, in the championship, after relegation.

Watched the first half on Sky. Berge was ok - same as he was for us. A bit mia

He won’t because he can’t - he just does not have the engine to really excel the frantic English game.
The more I see of Hamer the more I think we’ve played an absolute master stroke in effectively upgrading that position, particularly because of the point you make here, Berge had great games and I liked him but is not athletic or physical enough to cope with English football

Back
Top Bottom