Benjamin Jarrod Osborn

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

adamawdhali

Reaction score
Can we just take a minute to appreciate how much of a difference Ben Osborn makes. Not easy at all to play on the side of the pitch which is opposite to the foot you prefer but he’s manage to do that job so well for us and we look much more balanced with him in the squad. One of our most underrated signings I believe because he’s just Mr consistent. Not the most skilful or blessed with unreal natural ability but will play anywhere on the pitch and be effective (although preferably not at LB in a 4 as I still haven’t forgotten that Birmingham goal the first game of the season). Furthermore he isn’t even fully fit yet but you wouldn’t have known it.

Can we just take a minute to appreciate how much of a difference Ben Osborn makes. Not easy at all to play on the side of the pitch which is opposite to the foot you prefer but he’s manage to do that job so well for us and we look much more balanced with him in the squad. One of our most underrated signings I believe because he’s just Mr consistent. Not the most skilful or blessed with unreal natural ability but will play anywhere on the pitch and be effective (although preferably not at LB in a 4 as I still haven’t forgotten that Birmingham goal the first game of the season). Furthermore he isn’t even fully fit yet but you wouldn’t have known it.
Yeah he's done ok the last two games he's played

Yeah he's done ok the last two games he's played

When he’s been played out of position!

Since he’s been with us, he’s played well in many games, a lot more than you’re giving him credit for. At a time when players were swinging the lead eg Lundstram, he always grafted and although he’ll make mistakes, he’ll graft.

If we aspire to PL status, he’d only be a squad player, but he can fill in several positions, left and right. He’ll do for me and seems like a decent bloke too.

Got a lot of time for our Ozzy.

You'll probably never see a 9/10 performance, but you'll not see a 3/4 either.

Solid 7 week after week. Steady Eddie. Not going to let you down catastrophically.

Plus, he's in a band. I like that.

When he’s been played out of position!

Since he’s been with us, he’s played well in many games, a lot more than you’re giving him credit for. At a time when players were swinging the lead eg Lundstram, he always grafted and although he’ll make mistakes, he’ll graft.

If we aspire to PL status, he’d only be a squad player, but he can fill in several positions, left and right. He’ll do for me and seems like a decent bloke too.
Yeah no problem with him playing out of position the last two games and yes he's done ok previously as well.

I think he was the difference last night from the Forest performance. Does nothing special but had the left side of their team stitched up giving Berg more freedom to do his thing. Seriki against Forest was like a lost sheep ( unfortunately) where as Ozzy was like a sheep dog and had the Boro left side rounded up.

He’s a great squad player and really energetic but lacks quality sometimes. I think ‘makes a huge difference’ is a bit of an overplay, but I do like him.

Get small ben a new contract
Its worrying how many players, important players who have been the backbone of the squad are coming to the end of their contracts with no word on contract extensions. Who we going to have left next year? Burke and McBurnie?

under slav & before he got injured. i thought he was contender for player of the year. so im not surprised at his good form in his 1 & bit games back

Exactly the type of player we need right now to get us through a tough period of fixture congestion and injuries. His versatility is without doubt his main strength, but he's got quality too. A decent weaker right foot from what we've seen of him over the last 2 games too.

Bumped into him at a slow readers club gig, he was with a mate, so I've stood at the bar and nudged his mate, "your mate looks like Ben osborn" I say, Osborn hears me and turns to his mate and for a split second the cogs are turning on how to reply to me..

Ben looking surprised says, "I am Ben osborn" " I am him" - I say I know you are son, just taking piss out your mate, see what he'd say.. No laughter..

Think his mate was a forest player who of course I didn't recognise, and might be the reason for the confused looks from them both..

Last edited:
We can't rate him as a signing, coz Wilder dun it and he spunked all the muneh.

We can't rate him as a signing, coz Wilder dun it and he spunked all the muneh.
Funny how wilders best premier league signings were Wes, Bogle, Osborn and jack robinson (based of very recent form but even then for 500k he’s done what would be expected for a 500k player) who all came on the cheap. Argument could be made for berge but id like to give it a bit longer of him playing the way he has been recently before I can firmly say it was a good signing

He’s a great squad player and really energetic but lacks quality sometimes. I think ‘makes a huge difference’ is a bit of an overplay, but I do like him.
This^^

None of which makes him any less valuable to us, particularly when we have 86 injured players.

A decent weaker right foot from what we've seen of him over the last 2 games too.
And definitely this^^

He’s shown himself to be genuinely two-footed in the last couple of games—perhaps I hadn’t paid proper attention to this before now?—which is a real plus for us, given our lack of fit right-sided defensive options.

He reads books, too, you know 😳

This^^

None of which makes him any less valuable to us, particularly when we have 86 injured players.

And definitely this^^

He’s shown himself to be genuinely two-footed in the last couple of games—perhaps I hadn’t paid proper attention to this before now?—which is a real plus for us, given our lack of fit right-sided defensive options.

He reads books, too, you know 😳
Easy to forget, but he's also brilliant at chucking kitchen appliances over his house

Back
Top Bottom