Benjamin Jarrod Osborn

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I thought he put some good performances in the league above too. A bit like Quinn to me in that Although people will always comment on his work rate he actually has a decent amount of talent along with it. Hard to know where to play him though and he ends up everywhere.

Love his attitude and work rate.

Seems like a nice lad and great professional. Lovely assist on his weaker foot.

Great squad player who will do whatever he can to help the team
Some of the other players need to note that you are allowed to kick, shoot and/or pass with either foot !!

He was very good when he came on against Forest and had a really good game last night.
Prior to that, this season he has been poor. Maybe another victim of the Slav syndrome, but he’s always looked a decent squad player without doing anything exceptional.
Think Bobby Ford with a bit more attacking talent.

Never lets us down. Often performs v.well indeed without being star player.
Good cross for MGW goal on his weaker foot.

Last night was more than capable at RWB despite him being left footed.
Against Blackburn we looked a different side when he came on. Truth be told I thought Seriki was generally pretty shakey indeed. It's his debut and he's actually been out injured for a while too so I'm certainly not gonna slate him. But he was a weak link vs. Blackburn.

Back to Osborn though, he's an extremely useful player to have around. He's very much like Basham and like Basham was.
Basham didn't use to get consistent run in Clough or Adkins setup as we tended to play him in CM mostly. Sometimes at RB.
Osborn doesn't always get favoured in midfield ahead of the other usual suspects. However if Norwood is fit I'd rather play him with Norwood if Fleck isn't available personally. Or even if he is depending on who's in form.

Can we just take a minute to appreciate how much of a difference Ben Osborn makes. Not easy at all to play on the side of the pitch which is opposite to the foot you prefer but he’s manage to do that job so well for us and we look much more balanced with him in the squad. One of our most underrated signings I believe because he’s just Mr consistent. Not the most skilful or blessed with unreal natural ability but will play anywhere on the pitch and be effective (although preferably not at LB in a 4 as I still haven’t forgotten that Birmingham goal the first game of the season). Furthermore he isn’t even fully fit yet but you wouldn’t have known it.
I have always liked him always gives 100% and seems to be able to play anywhere. We will see him goal next week h Ha ,Useful player to have around can fit in anywhere. Needs a new contract .

Funnily enough I've just been watching the highlights from the 6-2 win against Peterboro and both his goals were with his right peg. The first was only a tap in but the second was an excellent composed finish.

What Osborn lacks in other areas, he makes up for with his intelligence.

A very intelligent player with heart.

Its worrying how many players, important players who have been the backbone of the squad are coming to the end of their contracts with no word on contract extensions. Who we going to have left next year? Burke and McBurnie?

100% plus our best players edging closer to expiring Berge/Bogle

Never agreed with the monty comparisons, Osborns always been much better technically than he’s given credit for. He certainly didn’t lack quality playing in flecks position when we beat Spurs and Chelsea.

Whatever Blades fans want in a player. Osborn has it in spades. He runs himself into the ground for the team every time he puts the shirt on.
Give him a contract now!

Its worrying how many players, important players who have been the backbone of the squad are coming to the end of their contracts with no word on contract extensions. Who we going to have left next year? Burke and McBurnie?
Impossible to draw up contract terms without knowing which division you might be in.
Not something to worry about at present

Always been fan of Ozzy. In the Forest game when Ozzy and Jebbo came on gave us real energy which we had lacked. He's all action and great at closing down. Also has a good cross on him. His weakness is he cannot really beat a man.

Despite not playing as many games or starting as many others in the squad, Osborn is still our third most productive outfield player with 3 goals and 4 assists.

I’d say the 3 chances he got were guilt edged. Shocking composure and all 3 appalling attempts. But he did do OK.

In his defense, 1 of the three wad on his weak foot. The one in the first half was very close too.

Good performance from the Bosborn today overall

Man of the Match today, very busy, two assists and a goal. There's increased competition in midfield this season, and Osborn knows he must be at his best to stay involved. We shouldn't put too much emphasis on pre season friendlies, but Fleck needs to up his game in a similar way. He won't be an automatic starter this season if he continuing to be average.

Man of the Match today, very busy, two assists and a goal. There's increased competition in midfield this season, and Osborn knows he must be at his best to stay involved. We shouldn't put too much emphasis on pre season friendlies, but Fleck needs to up his game in a similar way. He won't be an automatic starter this season if he continuing to be average.

There were lots of players today busting a gut to impress-/ get in fitness- but Fleck was decidedly going through the motions. I don't get it- looks like the most fun ever in comparison to dull boring jobs we have to do. He don't know how lucky he is.

I'm sure Osborne has been a stand out in pre season since we bought him, and he was one of our best players under Slav, certainly the most productive in terms of goals and assists early doors. His versatility is both a strength and a weakness as he lacks consistency due to being moved around all the time.

Osborn is what he is.
Extremely useful and rarely lets us down.
Great engine and very competent with the ball. Superb attitude and a good competitor.

His downfalls, he lacks a bit of quality and composure in the final third.
He's actually got a really decent left foot which we don't see enough of in terms of his delivery from wide and shots at goal.
I think he just rushes / snatches at things (similar to Baldock on the other side).
He also doesn't seem to want to try & take a man (like Bogle, Fleck etc. do).

I'd be sorting him out another contract extension though (if that's what he wants).
A really great pro to have around the place. Seems a top bloke and he can play.

Agree, he was very good today.

Wow, nothing changes with Ben Osborn then.

I always think he could start in a team that is flying and fit in fine or could be the one in a crap team looking like he's trying and cares. Just think he is unable to drag others up.

Surely he'll play enough games to justify a new contract

Osborn is not a starter for a team chasing promotion.

Maybe not, but he’s be first reserve in about 5 positions.

He’s ideal cover and fringe starter - he’s played all over midfield, off the striker and left and right back for us and been at least serviceable there. Something to be said for that.

I’m Delighted he’s still here

Back
Top Bottom