CONFIRMED Benie Traore leaves on Loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There's a lot of assumptions in this click bait from this site tbh.

I can't see anyone paying what we did for him. And even 4 million doesn't go far in the championship let alone premier League

Clearly not in Wilder's plans. But I hope we loan rather than sell, maybe to the Eredivisie, tell him to do 200 press ups a day, and then see where he is in the summer

Clearly not in Wilder's plans. But I hope we loan rather than sell

Indeed. Selling someone that was clearly (to at least some degree) a developmental talent on account of a short term manager making short term decisions would be among the daftest things we could possibly do in the transfer market, and we've had some good ones of those in recent years. Would not hate a loan, but at the same time it would need to be the correct loan

Indeed. Selling someone that was clearly (to at least some degree) a developmental talent on account of a short term manager making short term decisions would be among the daftest things we could possibly do in the transfer market, and we've had some good ones of those in recent years. Would not hate a loan, but at the same time it would need to be the correct loan

Surely we didn't aim to go in to a Premier League season with the only addition to our strike force being a development player (assuming Archer only came because of outgoings), and therefore leaving us weaker after Sharp's departure? He must have been bought for the here and now, or the transfer policy was even more pathetic than I thought.

Surely we didn't aim to go in to a Premier League season with the only addition to our strike force being a development player (assuming Archer only came because of outgoings), and therefore leaving us weaker after Sharp's departure? He must have been bought for the here and now, or the transfer policy was even more pathetic than I thought.

If you're saying Traore is worse than Sharp then wow

He certainly was brought in as a development prospect

Remember he was signed before Ndiaye was even sold.

After our promotion win against WBA, the prince even said that our signings would be mostly loans and future prospects.

He certainly was brought in as a development prospect

Remember he was signed before Ndiaye was even sold.

After our promotion win against WBA, the prince even said that our signings would be mostly loans and future prospects.

Yes but to go in to a Premier League season with one fewer senior strikers than you came up with would be madness, wouldn't it?

Unless you'd upgraded some, obviously (which we didn't).

Yes but to go in to a Premier League season with one fewer senior strikers than you came up with would be madness, wouldn't it?

I still can't believe how low I felt in July/August after a promotion and seeing the squad non building we did. The Ownership have had such a easy ride over it all. Managers and players will get it more in the neck

Sharp wasn't a "senior striker" at Championship level, he was a passenger blocking the development of players who are still at the club now.

OK, so we weren't any weaker, we just intentionally didn't strengthen the strike force.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Traore is miles away from being good enough, and if we are all honest he’s barely L1 level.
To small, too weak. Poor decisions, poor football brain, and struggles to complete basic passes. Ball retention non existent.

If anyone involved in signing him is still at the club involved in transfers that we are in trouble. We can’t have watched this kid, and if we did we failed to take account for the standard he was playing at.

Best thing we could do is get rid and bring in a loan Striker that can actually play and offer something to the team.

Wilder said that some moving on might not feel they’ve been given a proper crack at the ol whip.
Traore fits this bill if 2+2=4

He's played about 50 career games. Nine of us, including the club has a clue what he'll end up being.

We signed him because he had a hot streak and because UW wanted to prove how clever they are. He needs a full 18 months starting every game somewhere

One of the worst footballing decisions to sign this guy. Absolute stinker. You could see from his ‘highlights’ that he had very average quality. It would be even more stupid to sell or release him after spunking £4m on him though.

Loan him out to a league 1 club for the 2nd half of the season where he will get game time and hope he can develop to be a squad player for the championship.

Souza and Larouci received similar criticism a while ago. Some tactical adjustments and they've shown they can have a role to play.

I'd like to see more of Traore too. His size and strength is a weakness, but it would be nice to see us making more use of his pace, technique and finishing ability at some point.

Signed for the PL but loan out to League 1 🤪

We've actually paid quite a relatively small fee for him. Nowhere near £5m that was reported. Not even half of that.

We've actually paid quite a relatively small fee for him. Nowhere near £5m that was reported. Not even half of that.
The prince says we spent 50 million in the summer and sold 26. Got Hamer for roughly what we got for berge so unless Archer cost a hell of a lot more than we know or Berge went for much more than ndayie not sure how that adds up

The prince says we spent 50 million in the summer and sold 26. Got Hamer for roughly what we got for berge so unless Archer cost a hell of a lot more than we know or Berge went for much more than ndayie not sure how that adds up
So we got a lot less than the reported 20 m for ndiaye and 15m for berge

Back
Top Bottom