Ben Whiteman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It sounds like we’re signing Lee Evans, who is young and performing well in League 1’s best side. We’ve already brought in Ryan Leonard and Regan Slater is emerging as our “one to watch.” Perhaps Wilder doesn’t see Whitehouse cutting the grade and if he can recoup £250k then it probably represents good business.

It sounds like we’re signing Lee Evans, who is young and performing well in League 1’s best side. We’ve already brought in Ryan Leonard and Regan Slater is emerging as our “one to watch.” Perhaps Wilder doesn’t see Whitehouse cutting the grade and if he can recoup £250k then it probably represents good business.
Think you mean Whiteman.

Moved to Preston for what they call a ‘significant undisclosed fee’.

Little bit of cash heading our way according to this...

£2m + add ons.

We're on a 20% sell on clause so £400k for us.

RND fee (?) plus sell on for Ben Whiteman could lead to funds for Chris to bring in some loans.

RND fee (?) plus sell on for Ben Whiteman could lead to funds for Chris to bring in some loans.
I hope we push the boat out a little further this window and sign someone not only for now but with the future in mind. Someone like Json Knight from Derby or Lewis O'Brien from Hudders. Ok, they may not immediately make an instant impact like a Lingaard would, but realistically it's going to be very difficult anyway to recruit such players and may as well plan for the future starting now, but like the Bogle signing.

I hope we push the boat out a little further this window and sign someone not only for now but with the future in mind. Someone like Json Knight from Derby or Lewis O'Brien from Hudders. Ok, they may not immediately make an instant impact like a Lingaard would, but realistically it's going to be very difficult anyway to recruit such players and may as well plan for the future starting now, but like the Bogle signing.
Derby’s take over has stalled, they can’t pay players, they’re taking out loans to keep going and are potentially facing admin. I don’t know how they’re playing this year but wouldn’t be against looking at bird and sibley as players for the future or even the younger players as they’ve got a few decent looking 16 and 17 year old players.

Derby’s take over has stalled, they can’t pay players, they’re taking out loans to keep going and are potentially facing admin. I don’t know how they’re playing this year but wouldn’t be against looking at bird and sibley as players for the future or even the younger players as they’ve got a few decent looking 16 and 17 year old players.
Agreed. Problem is many other clubs of similar stature will be thinking the same, but we should definitely be interested in some of their players.

Agreed. Problem is many other clubs of similar stature will be thinking the same, but we should definitely be interested in some of their players.
Bielik aswell would be ideal good stature, age, pedigree and technical ability to play centrehalf for us.

Getting really good reviews at Preston, looks to be playing a Norwood quarterback role there.

Wouldn't mind having a look at bringing him back to the club in the future as Norwoods replacement when he retires.

Poor imitation of Norwood as a passer of the ball but more prepared to stick his foot in

This aged well.
Tbf it’s not as bad a call as it seems. Reed and Whiteman moved on to clear the path for slater who’s playing championship football earlier in his career than whiteman and I don’t think Reed ever will so it’s a decent assessment that Slater was better.

Slater has been moved on the clear the pathway for Peck/Maguire/Arblaster. Hopefully we’ve made the correct assessment again.

Tbf it’s not as bad a call as it seems. Reed and Whiteman moved on to clear the path for slater who’s playing championship football earlier in his career than whiteman and I don’t think Reed ever will so it’s a decent assessment that Slater was better.

Slater has been moved on the clear the pathway for Peck/Maguire/Arblaster. Hopefully we’ve made the correct assessment again.

Yes, it's a fine balance with moving players on and for various reasons.

If we are in this division next season, I expect some of our 1st team squad to be moved on and some juniors moved up to the 1st team squad and see how they develop.

All our fans should realise that Hecky and his team have been installed to do exactly that - bring on younger players. The only issue is getting newer players in at the bottom end, and realistically we could do with a new training facility just for that.

It's interesting that both Chateauroux and Beerschot doing something similar and that we have allegedly found a new area to replace Norton for ours.

UTB

There is a bit continual pruning isn't there? A sense of clearing the way for the next generation to come through, some of whom never make it with us, and then themselves too need clearing out of the way, and so we continue.

For what it's worth, and one match is only a snapshot of course, but I think Slater looked very ineffective against us, almost absent. If he'd have been playing in red and white, would would've been saying that the game passed him by.

I think Hull are thinking they're currently a top end L1 outfit, or that there's a risk of relegation, and Slater is an affordable option for L1 squad levels, if needed.

Slater is wank

This aged well.

Yes it did. Not many tipping Slater for Champ football at the time. Another one of my top predictions to add to Jags, Tonge Maguire, Walker, Brooks, Lowton, Calvert Lewin, Adams, Ramsdale(x2) , cheque book Slav etc. Don't look up my Adkins prediction though😜

Really liking the look of Peck and Osula at the moment. They could get game time this season if injuries kick in.

Yes, it's a fine balance with moving players on and for various reasons.

If we are in this division next season, I expect some of our 1st team squad to be moved on and some juniors moved up to the 1st team squad and see how they develop.

All our fans should realise that Hecky and his team have been installed to do exactly that - bring on younger players. The only issue is getting newer players in at the bottom end, and realistically we could do with a new training facility just for that.

It's interesting that both Chateauroux and Beerschot doing something similar and that we have allegedly found a new area to replace Norton for ours.

UTB
If we get a new Cat one facility it will be a really exciting development for the club that coupled with our already strong academy recruitment and development could really build something that the club could hang its hat on for years to come.

Oops.

There is a bit continual pruning isn't there? A sense of clearing the way for the next generation to come through, some of whom never make it with us, and then themselves too need clearing out of the way, and so we continue.

For what it's worth, and one match is only a snapshot of course, but I think Slater looked very ineffective against us, almost absent. If he'd have been playing in red and white, would would've been saying that the game passed him by.

I think Hull are thinking they're currently a top end L1 outfit, or that there's a risk of relegation, and Slater is an affordable option for L1 squad levels, if needed.
The nature of academy football means it’s an almost constant process of pruning every year age groups will lose a significant number of the lads in that side to be replaced by others brought in.

Then when you get to that 16’s, 18’s, 23’s level where lads have scholarship or even pro deals for multiple years it becomes a different animal as teams try and project first team needs in the next 4/5 years coupled with their depth chart of youth players and how they think each of those players will develop. There’s so many unknowns and moving parts it’s why even the best academies have such a high rate of making mistakes when letting players go.

Slater will have a fairly solid career I think he’s mobile, committed and hard working with a decent tackling technique and he does the simple stuff well. That’ll be enough to see him right as a league one/fringe championship player doing the spade work for various clubs in the middle of the park. If he’s paired with other more expressive midfielders he could have quite a bit of success doing that type of job. For context I thought whiteman had more issues when he left us than slater does slater controls and passes a ball better than Whiteman did although Whiteman has obviously progressed since.

In my opinion he should be viewed as a fairly big success for the academy. When he was coming through pre wilder he would’ve met the brief of developing first team players for league one. Any one of the academy lads that goes on to have a career in the EFL is a success never mind at championship level.

Footballers like any other athlete at any sport isn't static, most do develope , some end up a much better player at 30 than 20. Some improve slowly over the years, some do decline but usually after impressing at very early age. (Reed, Di Giralamo). Some of the key in the end is to perform on a regular basis. Do think we have some very promising players coming through at the moment, who will make it into the first team is anybody's guess.

If we get a new Cat one facility it will be a really exciting development for the club that coupled with our already strong academy recruitment and development could really build something that the club could hang its hat on for years to come.

I agree and ideally we need to develop a South Yorkshire academy to nick all of the youngers from this area.

It will be interesting to see where this new area is for a new facility that the club has hinted at recently and exactly what plans we have for it.

I'm also interested to know why Aidy Boothroyd is here - "Coach Mentor and Consultant" is his official title and considering he's been on the FA staff, perhaps he's consulting on CAT 1 academy status.

The pigs don't have any money and are still in a continuing decline (think we all hope they haven't bottomed out yet), but a S Yorks focus could bring in players like John Stones who went through Barnsley's academy, so ideally we could be able to corner the entire County.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom