Incoming? Ben Pearson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ben Davies is available too supposedly would have liked him to cover Jack but Jack Mk2 seems to be more than capable

Some bloke who goes by the name Andy Ridgwell on Twitter has said we’ve made a bid for Ben Pearson obviously unsure if reliable or not. Think he would be a good signing, relatively decent price and wouldn’t shirk a tackle like Norwood does.
The Norwood haters and non football lovers strike again. Bring back Blackwell.

Only 9 yellows this season so looks like he is calming down! (14 and 3 red last season)

15 + 1 year before and 16 + 0 year before that.

He's a car crash when it comes to tackling. Imagine him trying to tackle in the PL.

The Norwood haters and non football lovers strike again. Bring back Blackwell.

Interesting you mention Norwood. Pearson was at Man Utd at the same time (2004-2014 vs. 2007-2012), although he is 4 years younger - probably know each other though

Bournemouth have agreed terms to sign Preston North End’s Ben Pearson.

Pearson to Stoke and OBrien to Blackburn....... fuck me

The sort of players we will hopefully be in for in a couple of months. Good players who could do a decent job for us in the PL but who would also be very good championship players if the worst happens and we are back in the Championship the following season. Both decent players.

The sort of players we will hopefully be in for in a couple of months. Good players who could do a decent job for us in the PL but who would also be very good championship players if the worst happens and we are back in the Championship the following season. Both decent players.
Yep, Pearson and OBrien would be decent signings in the event of relegation - proven high calibre championship players but with the mentalities to avoid the Freeman/C.Robinson flop scenario

And I have to say, planning for relegation with recruitment would be more in my mind than last time because I wouldn't rate our chances nearly as highly as in the special period under Wilder

As shown while at Bournemouth, Pearson really isn't Prem level and I'm not sure O'Brien is either

If Utd manage to get up, they'll need better to have a chance of survival. Signing mid-top Champ level (which is how I'd class both) is pretty much accepting relegation (Norwich / WBA style) and preparing for season 2024/25 with a decent side back in the Champ.

As shown while at Bournemouth, Pearson really isn't Prem level and I'm not sure O'Brien is either

If Utd manage to get up, they'll need better to have a chance of survival. Signing mid-top Champ level (which is how I'd class both) is pretty much accepting relegation (Norwich / WBA style) and preparing for season 2024/25 with a decent side back in the Champ.
Like the players we signed last time? First year was fine but the second year..

Like the players we signed last time? First year was fine but the second year..

Agree - hopefully lessons will be learned from last time with Bettis and the recruitment teams being the main points of continuity with new owners (hopefully!) and managers in place

Unless the new owner is going to go mad and throw money at it like Forest are doing, I would expect less Champ players to be signed (who are relatively expensive especially if young & English) with a shift to foreign markets (northern Europe and Scandinavia) assuming there are scouting networks that can be tapped into as well as top-end Prem loans resulting in a lower outlay in transfer fees but a higher wage bill. I also wouldn't be surprised to see McAtee and Doyle return for another season. Chelsea U23s should prove to be fruitful considering their first team recruitment that will therefore hamper natural progression of their young lads that would normally be pushing for contention. He's 2 seasons too old and is now a £50m player but Conor Gallagher types are what I feel Utd should target, even if it's very unlikely they'll ever sign permanently.

Agree - hopefully lessons will be learned from last time with Bettis and the recruitment teams being the main points of continuity with new owners (hopefully!) and managers in place

Unless the new owner is going to go mad and throw money at it like Forest are doing, I would expect less Champ players to be signed (who are relatively expensive especially if young & English) with a shift to foreign markets (northern Europe and Scandinavia) assuming there are scouting networks that can be tapped into as well as top-end Prem loans resulting in a lower outlay in transfer fees but a higher wage bill. I also wouldn't be surprised to see McAtee and Doyle return for another season. Chelsea U23s should prove to be fruitful considering their first team recruitment that will therefore hamper natural progression of their young lads that would normally be pushing for contention. He's 2 seasons too old and is now a £50m player but Conor Gallagher types are what I feel Utd should target, even if it's very unlikely they'll ever sign permanently.
Spot on mate. Even some of the current players like Lowe and Robinson for example struggled in the best league in the world. For every good championship success buy there's always a flop aswell. (Freeman, Robinson etc)

we have to be looking at the foreign market if we go up thats where the value is actually think o brien would be perfect for our system doesnt seem to have been given many chances at forest plus we have to offer better salaries if we want to attract the players to keep us in the premier league

Back
Top Bottom