Incoming? Ben Pearson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Some bloke who goes by the name Andy Ridgwell on Twitter has said we’ve made a bid for Ben Pearson obviously unsure if reliable or not. Think he would be a good signing, relatively decent price and wouldn’t shirk a tackle like Norwood does.

Linked last year

No. We're alright defensively. It's a top drawer striker we need. Would be happy if we spunked the budget on someone like Troy Deeney. Who might not cost that much given his age.

Some bloke who goes by the name Andy Ridgwell on Twitter has said we’ve made a bid for Ben Pearson obviously unsure if reliable or not. Think he would be a good signing, relatively decent price and wouldn’t shirk a tackle like Norwood does.

Red card waiting to happen that bloke. Tackles like Sam Hutchinson

Owwww I like his highlights.
15m seems a lot though.
Looks a Wilder type player (and I do want us to toughen up in the middle now Besic has gone) but I'm sure Wilder will be after an attacking midfielder more.
We have an abundance of defensive midfielders.

Would be a quality addition I feel if the price is right, adds some bite to our midfield which we lack and us a decent ball player.

Fits our budget.

That's a twitter account with a few hundred followers that I blocked for some reason.

So seems legit to me. 100 pages.

He's an excellent player and Wilder is a huge fan of his.

Fuck me though, we'll be playing with 10 men fairly regularly if he starts.

Seen a lot of him. Good championship deep lying midfielder with severe disciplinary issues.

I’d be very surprised if this happens.

If Andy Ridgwell is the account I'm thinking of, he spouts shite

Owwww I like his highlights.
15m seems a lot though.
Looks a Wilder type player (and I do want us to toughen up in the middle now Besic has gone) but I'm sure Wilder will be after an attacking midfielder more.
We have an abundance of defensive midfielders.

Only a year left on his contract, so his value could be dropping.

Suppose if Lunny isn't getting that extention this lad could be our little enforcer.

Red card waiting to happen like people have said but don't disregard his passing ability, knows how to pick players out and has good vision.

Only 9 yellows this season so looks like he is calming down! (14 and 3 red last season)

Hmm, interesting if true. He's from Oldham so that probable explains the angry nature. To be fair if I was from Oldham that would make me angry!

Just read this from Wikipedia!

In July 2019 Pearson spoke about his on-field disciplinary problems, including 14 booking and 3 sendings off in the 2018–19 season, which has seen his mother stop watching him play.[27]

Bet he got some stick for that!

Only thoughts are if he comes then I thought Berge was gonna play in the deep role, so is Pearson capable of playing in the left or right centre mid role? He's not a goalscoring midfielder is he!

Would be open to this.. great ball winning midfielder who's very terrier like.. though if it was Pearson or besic itd be besic for me.

Not for me. If it happens it could be an indication we are changing shape in the middle. Sander and him as the high energy space covering players in a double pivot. I've always thought of Pearson as very much overrated.

Not for me. If it happens it could be an indication we are changing shape in the middle. Sander and him as the high energy space covering players in a double pivot. I've always thought of Pearson as very much overrated.

What about Norwood?

Yeah hopefully... his stats are unreal! He’s our QB!

He's a very good player but there's a reason Kante and Ndidi are the archetypal defensive midfielders these days. In a three he's fine. It's all speculation anyway, we'll probably play the same system. The first few signings will tell us a lot.

Back
Top Bottom