CONFIRMED Ben Davies signs on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don't disagree mate but the bottom half of the bundesliga is probably the same standard as the top half of the championship so I'm not really sure why anyone would want to uproot to make that move.

if I was to take a guess I’d say to save face.

Liverpool was a huge move for him and in his head he probably thought he had a chance of playing whilst everyone around was scratching their head and saying he wasn’t good enough, they’ve been proved right. A move to the championship compounds that view where as a move abroad makes people forget I guess

if I was to take a guess I’d say to save face.

Liverpool was a huge move for him and in his head he probably thought he had a chance of playing whilst everyone around was scratching their head and saying he wasn’t good enough, they’ve been proved right. A move to the championship compounds that view where as a move abroad makes people forget I guess

Can't argue with that mate apart from the fact footballers are probably more switched on than some give them credit for. He probably knew what the crack was and filled his bank balance accordingly. Due to his contract he can now pretty much call the shots. Go out on loan and one way or another still pick up the same inflated wage or get sold and Liverpool will still have to sweeten his wages.

£5m for a player that cost Liverpool £500k and hasn't played a game since?

Do me a lemon.
Goes back to what has been said for reasoning as to why we have to wait late to do the deals for the better players. If we’re doing the deal early, you have to pay what others aren’t willing to. £5m sounds about right but would guess we’ll want loan with a view…

Last edited:
I just read a report from 16 days ago that Davies had told Klippty Klopp that he wanted to stay at Anfield and fight for a place.

I just read a report from 16 days ago that Davies had told Klippty Klopp that he wanted to stay at Anfield and fight for a place.

more likely he just likes the wages he’s being paid by them.

if he couldn’t get a sniff when they had no centreback at all. How’s he think he’s going to get past VVD, Matip, Gomez and that other geezer they signed - plus whoever was ahead of him when they were out

I very much doubt Utd will have any incomings that involve transfer fees until Ramsdale and / or Berge depart.

I'm surprised a loan is not an option but if LFC feel they can sell him, and make a decent profit in doing so, they you can't blame them for going down that route. Celtic seem to have a bit to spend judging by players they're linked with (including GB), although I'd be surprised if they can afford the fee + salary package for Davies. Bournemouth are a strange one - Davies will comfortably be within their wage structure but I heard rumour their Russian benefactor is looking to get out so who knows what they can/can't do.

I very much doubt Utd will have any incomings that involve transfer fees until Ramsdale and / or Berge depart.

I'm surprised a loan is not an option but if LFC feel they can sell him, and make a decent profit in doing so, they you can't blame them for going down that route. Celtic seem to have a bit to spend judging by players they're linked with (including GB), although I'd be surprised if they can afford the fee + salary package for Davies. Bournemouth are a strange one - Davies will comfortably be within their wage structure but I heard rumour their Russian benefactor is looking to get out so who knows what they can/can't do.
No loan because Liverpool have no absolutely no need of him

£5 million sounds about right considering Bournemouth have just sold their striker for £5.5 million today they may be making moves. Ben Pearson is also their isn’t he.

I'm a bit dumbfounded that we're going for a Wilder target who is now earning the big bucks at Anfield, and presumably not available for the 500k they paid? Hardly evidence of a new innovative, imaginative approach to transfers. Surely there's a quality left footed centre back somewhere we can get that represents better value? You'd think it'd take a multi million pound fee and a big wage. or a big wage and sizeable loan fee to get this player.

That's as maybe but he's now 7th choice centre half behind van Dijk, Konaté, Gomez, Matip, Phillips and Williams. Phillips might leave but it would still take an utter crisis for Davies to even make the bench. The fact that they played the awful Kabak and out of position Fabinho and Henderson at CB ahead of him says everything about his chances of ever making an appearance.

Who cares what Liverpool paid for him, the 5m being quoted sounds like a no-brainer imo.

Starting to think that we will not be buying anyone this window, just loans with options to buy. The funds may be tight for having to pay off CWAK ;)

£5 million sounds about right considering Bournemouth have just sold their striker for £5.5 million today they may be making moves. Ben Pearson is also their isn’t he.
I assume you’ve referring to Sam Surridge? I’d read £2 mill

Back
Top Bottom