Beerschot link up

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

In terms of formation, we have more flexibility. We already played 3 systems. In the beginning we played the Wilder system with 3 at the back and one of the central defenders doing the over or underlaps. Then we switched to a 3-4-3 system and the last games we play 4-3-1-2 with 3 ball recuperating midfielders and the playmaker and 2 strikers with all freedom to roam. We also play a lot more counter press. Our manager is a fan of Leipzig and is copying some of their tactics. The key is flexibility I think. When you always play the same system it becomes easy to defend after some time.

Many thanks for your insights.
Creativity and no system and tactical flexibility are the areas that I believe should be addressed and it is interesting that a supporter of a club in a similar position as us who are now possibly where we were last season can see similar problems.
Thanks again, take care

Fantastic news today for our club. Holzhauser whose contract expires this season has signed a new contract until 2024 despite contract offers from Hertha Berlin and Newcastle. He becomes one of the highest paid players in Belgium and is really a show of strength that our owners want to establish us as a top club. I know it are difficult times in Sheffield now but this shows that are joint owners have good intentions and are ambitious. I am confident they will also do what is required in the winter mercato to avoid relegation.

Fantastic news today for our club. Holzhauser whose contract expires this season has signed a new contract until 2024 despite contract offers from Hertha Berlin and Newcastle. He becomes one of the highest paid players in Belgium and is really a show of strength that our owners want to establish us as a top club. I know it are difficult times in Sheffield now but this shows that are joint owners have good intentions and are ambitious. I am confident they will also do what is required in the winter mercato to avoid relegation.
Not jealous at all... 😭😉

In terms of formation, we have more flexibility. We already played 3 systems. In the beginning we played the Wilder system with 3 at the back and one of the central defenders doing the over or underlaps. Then we switched to a 3-4-3 system and the last games we play 4-3-1-2 with 3 ball recuperating midfielders and the playmaker and 2 strikers with all freedom to roam. We also play a lot more counter press. Our manager is a fan of Leipzig and is copying some of their tactics. The key is flexibility I think. When you always play the same system it becomes easy to defend after some time.

We could do with some of that tactical flexibility at the moment.

You’ve summed it up with the last sentence.

There's plenty of players out there. I'm sure we don't have to be in a position of robbing Peter to pay Paul. As you say PL is a higher level but also more difficult to get a work permit for.

Should be a few players like no 28 that we can plant at Beerschot or players who are up and coming but maybe not quite ready for PL with us. Rhys Norrington-Davies doing excellent at Luton. No reason similar players in the future cannot go to Belgium instead. Plus of course if certain players think they have outgrown the Belgium league and we are still playing in the top flight, then why not move here first. Look at how Watford switch players between clubs.

Was that double megs from Coulibaly when he scored?!

And did Holzhauser hit the bar twice direct from corners?
Yes and yes 😄. I lost counts how many times Holzhauser has hit the bar from a corner this season. He also scored like that in the promotion final second leg. In an interview today after his new contract he said that it is his dream to play in the PL. So maybe the scenario is: help us to European football this season and then move to Sheffield next summer.

Yes and yes 😄. I lost counts how many times Holzhauser has hit the bar from a corner this season. He also scored like that in the promotion final second leg. In an interview today after his new contract he said that it is his dream to play in the PL. So maybe the scenario is: help us to European football this season and then move to Sheffield next summer.
Lmfao. He'll be lucky. Doubt we'll be there next season.

Beerschot-Eupen: 0-1, frustrating loss today against a team in the bottom. We drop from position 1 to position 3. Coulibaly played decent but wasteful with scoring chances. Bad day for Global Holding.

A tad out of my price range that one but it's one book I do want :( I did pick up a copy of Breaking the Panzers recently for £21 a hour by hour narrative of the battle at Rauray Normandy where 2 crack SS Panzer divisions counter attacks fell on the 49th (west riding) Infantry division. The Germans threatened to shoot any prisoners wearing the Polar bear insignia after this defeat. A great read for anyone interested in the division who recruited heavily in the West Riding of Yorkshire

One a little cheaper on eBay now

Here

Also, it would be better if you read about "Das Reich" they were the real deal, plenty on eBay, Hard and Softback

Here

Das Reich are the 2nd SS Panzer, they were being refitted in Southern France, being redied for the comming invasion wherever it was to be

The Book is about their deployment to Normandy, the Journey, and ultimately Battles at Normandy and the Polar Bears

Utter Bastards, somewhat understandable (to me) from what they had been through in Russia

News article today about United World. Van Winckel says that Wilder in any event will stay on as manager and in case of relegation will be in charge of a promotion challenge next season. It also said we are working on a joint youth development where Jack Lester visited our youth academy to make a data base of our training methods and vice versa our youth manager visited the Sheffield academy with the idea to make the best of two worlds.

Attachments

• 6A4D2003-ED75-41B5-B2E4-8AB9E9541970.jpeg
    6A4D2003-ED75-41B5-B2E4-8AB9E9541970.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 30

What happened? They've suddenly lost their last 4 games!

What happened? They've suddenly lost their last 4 games!

The bitter Newcastle fan who employed voodoo hoodoo on us after their Saudi owner was barred and ours wasn't has finally got his sample of Hernan Losada's hair (got held up due to Covid and Brexit) and has cursed them too.

Short up-date on our season: December has been a horrible month for us. We had half of the team out with COVID and on top of that some bad injuries to important players. As a result we lost all of our 4 games in December and dropped from 1st to 7th. All the bottom teams have been winning a lot of games so that everything is really close. We can still get a European ticket but if we continue this bad spell we are not clear of the relegation fight either. Everyone is looking for some January transfers to replace the injured players (we only have 16 squad players at the moment), but so far complete silence on the transfer front. We have 9 games in January, starting on Sunday, with midweek games every week, with just 16 squad players and on the back of 4 straight defeats. Things in football can change quickly... there a rumour in Belgian newspapers that Marseille have offered Van Winckel the job of technical director. In any case we need re-enforcement rather sooner than later and I guess this is even more true for you guys. Time for our owners to stop buying other clubs and concentrate on running the clubs they have...

Good point today, 1-1 draw against gent, only because we had a ridiculous penalty against. Coulibaly scored again for us. Holzhauser missed a penalty for us. After 4 straight defeats a very good point for us.
Hopefully it’s the start of a revival for you.

See George Broadbent has joined on loan. Liked the bits I have seen of him and gets up and down the pitch well. It'll be interesting to see how he gets on.

See George Broadbent has joined on loan. Liked the bits I have seen of him and gets up and down the pitch well. It'll be interesting to see how he gets on.
That's quite the jump. From being in our 23's to the Belgian first division. GLTTL

Big night for us. We play a postponed fixture against Cercle Brugge. If we win we take our top 4 spot back. Cercle have lost its last 7 games and are also desperate for a win. The youngest brother of Hazard plays for them, he is showing signs that he can still develop into a good player. And apart from this important fixture, there is the election of the golden boot tonight to crown the best player of 2020. And Holzhauser is one of the 5 favourites.

Not being funny, but are there any players we could loan from Beerschot?

Any areas where Beerschot has one too many decent players competing? We have just 3 fit central midfielders and play 3 in midfield!

Not being funny, but are there any players we could loan from Beerschot?

Any areas where Beerschot has one too many decent players competing? We have just 3 fit central midfielders and play 3 in midfield!
We have the same problem in midfield. Only 3 decent midfielders in the squad. We have too many strikers but hardly the level you need in the PL. They are currently failing. Today again 3, 4 good chances to score, all waisted. Not a good period 🤨

Our stories seem to align, after a fantastic start to life among the big boys, we can’t win a game anymore and we are not doing anything in the transfer market to address the holes in the squad. Very worrying. They prefer buying more football clubs with that club in India and now Chateauroux rather than having a go with the clubs they have. One of our defenders was asked to go to Chateauroux but he refused.

Our stories seem to align, after a fantastic start to life among the big boys, we can’t win a game anymore and we are not doing anything in the transfer market to address the holes in the squad. Very worrying. They prefer buying more football clubs with that club in India and now Chateauroux rather than having a go with the clubs they have. One of our defenders was asked to go to Chateauroux but he refused.

There seems to be a lot of momentum gathering amongst fans wishing for us to recall Coulibaly for next season.

How would you describe him as a footballer & who would you most liken him to as a player?

Back
Top Bottom