Beerschot link up

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Short up-date: we lost the derby last Sunday 3-2 but were the superior team for three quarter of the game. Problem is that our defense leaks goals. Midfield and attacking wise remain excellent. Coulibaly had a fantastic game and looked the best player on the pitch. This weekend we play OH Leuven (same owners as Leicester City) and the team we beat to win the second division title. Will be a difficult game nonetheless because they are just 1 place behind us and they have beaten Club Brugge last weekend. A win will take us to the top of the table, at least temporary until the 3 teams in front of us have played. For anyone interested: we have launched our online webshop today so you can order your Coulibaly printed shirts as of now 😄
Appreciate these updates, I only follow the Belgian league a little but you guys are doing really well. Good to see.

I wonder if the Beerschot badge has a Yorkshire connection that area of Belgium was liberated by my dads 49th Infantry (west riding) Division in 1944 their badge was the Polar Bear now worn by the Yorkshire regiment.
images
For sale if anybody wants to buy it.

My dad served on the Faroes in WWII and I received a book on Brits in the Faroes in .pdf format.

Great read as written by a serving soldier.

Dad then went on to liberate the Channel islands.

Not all on his own, mind, he had some mates with him ;)

I'm hoping to make a visit there either next summer or summer 2022 - all depends on Covid, obviously

For sale if anybody wants to buy it.

My dad served on the Faroes in WWII and I received a book on Brits in the Faroes in .pdf format.

Great read as written by a serving soldier.

Dad then went on to liberate the Channel islands.

Not all on his own, mind, he had some mates with him ;)

I'm hoping to make a visit there either next summer or summer 2022 - all depends on Covid, obviously

A tad out of my price range that one but it's one book I do want :( I did pick up a copy of Breaking the Panzers recently for £21 a hour by hour narrative of the battle at Rauray Normandy where 2 crack SS Panzer divisions counter attacks fell on the 49th (west riding) Infantry division. The Germans threatened to shoot any prisoners wearing the Polar bear insignia after this defeat. A great read for anyone interested in the division who recruited heavily in the West Riding of Yorkshire

A tad out of my price range that one but it's one book I do want :( I did pick up a copy of Breaking the Panzers recently for £21 a hour by hour narrative of the battle at Rauray Normandy where 2 crack SS Panzer divisions counter attacks fell on the 49th (west riding) Infantry division. The Germans threatened to shoot any prisoners wearing the Polar bear insignia after this defeat. A great read for anyone interested in the division who recruited heavily in the West Riding of Yorkshire

Ouch! I never noticed the price.

Most spectacular team in all European divisions for the moment with an average of 6 goals per game leading Bayern, Atalanta and Ajax 😄 just a momentum but something that brings light in this dark period.

Attachments

• ED27B6F9-A7AE-413C-B5BB-B5F05101B0D9.jpeg
    ED27B6F9-A7AE-413C-B5BB-B5F05101B0D9.jpeg
    118.7 KB · Views: 8
Player ratings: 9/10 for Coulibaly which is very exceptional.
when is he available for a Blades transfer? could be just what we need for the RCM position in future, hopefully a bit of a creative flair player... 2 goals in 4 is a great return for a 19yo CM in any league!

Never get bored of watching this.

Also...1-0 down, 10 men, centre mid in net...bring it back to 2-1 with a direct fk and a screamer from outside the area. Love to see a bit more of that fight and risk taking this season!

when is he available for a Blades transfer? could be just what we need for the RCM position in future, hopefully a bit of a creative flair player... 2 goals in 4 is a great return for a 19yo CM in any league!

2 seasons in Belgian league will be the plan I think. If we continue like this qualification for Europa league is possible and that will also be a great challenge for him to improve. He is a bit like ngolo Kante, mainly a defensive mid excelling in ball recuperation but once on the ball he is very cool and easily turns 2 or 3 players. Biggest working point is that he needs to learn to play with less risk in his own half. There have been phases that he loses the ball in his own half because too much risk taking and giving away goal scoring chances. But so far his potential is really showing.

He'd have work permit issues at the moment wouldn't he? Wouldn't surprise me if the 3 year loan to Beerschot ties in with him hopefully getting a Belgian passport.

He'd have work permit issues at the moment wouldn't he? Wouldn't surprise me if the 3 year loan to Beerschot ties in with him hopefully getting a Belgian passport.
Yes and off course there is a difference between PL and Belgian pro league. He would not be a starter for you at the moment. He has immense talent but as a 19 year old also points he needs to work on like tactical insights and choosing the moment when to play and when to just get it out of danger. Therefore ideal he can develop here and normally will be a complete player in 2 years time. That would be like signing Berge for free. Good business for everyone I think.

5-5 today away in Kortrijk. Needless to say it was a crazy game. 2-0 down after 8 minutes, 5-4 up after 90 minutes and then last freekick we decide to run forward to play off side but 1 player is not aware and 5-5. Ridiculous goal to concede. Our attack remains fun but conceding so many becomes frustrating. We could have gone 1st again with a win.

5-5 today away in Kortrijk. Needless to say it was a crazy game. 2-0 down after 8 minutes, 5-4 up after 90 minutes and then last freekick we decide to run forward to play off side but 1 player is not aware and 5-5. Ridiculous goal to concede. Our attack remains fun but conceding so many becomes frustrating. We could have gone 1st again with a win.
I played in a football tournament at Kortrijk in 1980!

Big game tomorrow. After Antwerp this is our biggest rival. Anderlecht was the team which in the 80-iets and 90-ies won with dubious referee decisions. They were convicted in the 80-ies for bribing a referee against Nottingham forest in a European cup game. They never really received a punishment. During the trial the concerned Spanish referee died in a car accident. A maffia club with no ethics. I hope we tear them apart.

Attachments

• E45B52B8-C920-46AE-BCEC-8F469C776CC1.jpeg
    E45B52B8-C920-46AE-BCEC-8F469C776CC1.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
You'd think with him scoring a fair bit a international cap might be coming would help with work permit issues for us

The look of Kompany after he played us. Broken man. Because he was a great player he thinks he has invented football and we should all roll over if he shows up. Was given a master class in tactics by our little Bielsa. Their budget is 5 x bigger than ours and still no chance.

Attachments

• 78B3C330-BC33-45A1-881C-39CC922461C4.jpeg
    78B3C330-BC33-45A1-881C-39CC922461C4.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 5
You have obviously seen SUFC matches on tv, what would you sat to be the similarities and possible differences between the way the two teams play?
Formation?
Strengths / weaknesses etc?

The look of Kompany after he played us. Broken man. Because he was a great player he thinks he has invented football and we should all roll over if he shows up. Was given a master class in tactics by our little Bielsa. Their budget is 5 x bigger than ours and still no chance.

Must admit I was dubious about Kompany going into management. I can see him as a coach, but not as the main man. He comes across as a proper lovely bloke, which is obviously to his credit, but you definitely need that bit of a mean streak as a gaffer to command that extra bit of respect (or to put the fear of God into your players if needs be). Maybe he's got that in his locker, but I can't see it personally.

You have obviously seen SUFC matches on tv, what would you sat to be the similarities and possible differences between the way the two teams play?
Formation?
Strengths / weaknesses etc?
Goal threat is the main difference. The blades have too much problems to score a goal. Defensive it’s not too bad but attacking wise you lack creativity and 2, 3 guys that now how to score. Once you’re in the bottom confidence gets drained and it becomes even more difficult. That’s the law of football. Luckily in terms of points there is not so much damage. The gap to a safe place is still small. The solution is to bring in 2 creative attacking players and an extra striker. You need goals and more attacking set up to get points. And I would definitely go foreign. Van Winckel has brought in fantastic players for us. Trust him and let him do the winter recruitment. And in the end there is nothing wrong with changing the manager. Wilder brought fantastic success but in football nothing is permanent and a fresh face can bring new enthousiasm. Accepting relegation already is not something to do lightly. You know how tough it is to get out of the championship.

Back
Top Bottom