BBD

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I was there if it was the game Brewster scored first in? I remember Poveda, Buckley and Khadra more tbh. I do think BBD scored that day. One of if the most inept displays I can remember seeing from us. We were shit the following season but they only really troubled us out wide that day. The LWB scored.
Went to both games and this one was awful. Pissing it down all day and blackburn were full of flair attacking players. Don't remember BBD.

BBD is very motivated as he is bang in the shop window! If anything I expect his performances to get even better as he plays more games. Sadly he won’t be here next season and will either be sold by his parent club in Spain or a season long loan - probably to someone like Leeds - which will be gutting.

I was there if it was the game Brewster scored first in? I remember Poveda, Buckley and Khadra more tbh. I do think BBD scored that day. One of if the most inept displays I can remember seeing from us. We were shit the following season but they only really troubled us out wide that day. The LWB scored.
Yeah Brewster scored that wonderful scissor kick volley from Sharp’s cross. Thought we were on our way and then it all collapsed.
It was a forgettable sad trudge back to the car through Blackburn’s depressing muddy potholes.
BBD was on the rampage and unplayable that day.
Would be so good if we can keep him next season. Unlikely though.

I would hazard a guess he'd be great in Championship (again).

Could come down to him being happy being back down there though!! Probably taking a cut in wages in the process. A lower-league PL team may fancy him.

Agreed.
Although with their financial issues, can they afford him? Or do they just need to sell 20 players first

No idea but I'd have thought a season loan would be negotiable

Let's not forget his form towards the back end of the season for Blackburn. Soon as there's nothing in it for him he will just down tools.
As when we gave Leon Clarke a new contract.

Funny thing footballers.

I think we'll get him.
He'll wanna come.
They got him for free and he's been terrible for them, their fans slate him.
He'll love Wilder and upto with a firing McBurnie He'll get 20plus next season.
Fee? Wages? Dunno.

Like your optimism but sadly I don’t see it. He’s making his mark in the PL at 24 yrs young. How many has he got after just a few games? Is it 4 goals? That coming in a relatively poor side.

I think there’ll be a few clubs in for him and at a guess most will be offering a better package, both financially and by offering PL football

I don’t think it’s beyond the realms of possibility that we could have him playing for us next season and we should move heaven and earth to make that happen .

In the games he has played since joining us , he has made a huge contribution to our attacking play with a combination of skill , strength, determination , positional sense and a natural instinct to hit the back of the net that we have rarely if ever seen since prime Brian Deane .

As an added bonus and which has often been the case with this kind of player , he has lifted the performances of a number of the players around him . It is no coincidence that Hamer and in particular McBurnie have looked at their very best with him on the pitch .

Add to the above the fact that he already looks and talks like a player who could win the hearts and minds of all Blades fans , and you have my justification for saying that to have him with us for at least another season could make a significant difference to our future prospects and that even if that comes at a relatively high cost , we should be prepared to meet it .

We may have agreed a fee when we took him on loan if it worked out for both party's .May come down to the player at the end of the season

we didn't, there was no option or obligation to buy at all.

At least not in the agreement of the loan, but who's to say we don't have an informal agreement with Villarreal as to the ballpark figure that would get a deal done if it makes sense for both parties. You'd hope SUFC would at least have asked the question at the time

At least not in the agreement of the loan, but who's to say we don't have an informal agreement with Villarreal as to the ballpark figure that would get a deal done if it makes sense for both parties. You'd hope SUFC would at least have asked the question at the time

I suppose that Villareal could have said "if he's as shit for you as he has been for us you can have him for £X" other than that I can't see them discussing anything regarding a permanent deal last Jan.

Hi Agent on the other hand will be touting him about on the back of his form for us and no doubt at an inflated, "proven in the Premier League, even in a shit team" price tag!!

Maybe we could look at a loan with an obligation to buy if we get promoted.

Back
Top Bottom