Baxter

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

First half tight. Second half attack. That will determine the first choice selection, but the subs could win the match.

I just wonder whether Higdon might be the man again, given the chance.

Brilliant post, what an insight into the game. Oh, isn't Higdon that little bloke from Ilkeston??!! I meant him!!:confused:

I do think Baxter takes an awful lot of stick - a lot of it over harsh. True he hasn't got blistering pace and he is not perfect (wouldn't be in Div 1 if he was would he) , but he can tackle (saved our bacon with that sliding tackle to deny them a killer blow last night), has the ability to give himself time when in possession, he can outpass any player in our squad other than perhaps the magnificent Reed, has the vision to go with that, is the player most of our opponents fear and respect along with the hot and cold Murphy and he can finish. I thought we were dead and buried until Doyle went off and he took over and started pulling the strings. First half he looked a bit lost ( so did the rest of our team as Spurs' passing game ran rings round us) , second half he was as good as I have seen him. Well done Jose.

I think Baxter can be much more useful playing in Doyle's position.

Have you gone to the whisky cabinet early tonight?
I'm trying to picture a whisky cabinet now
fashioned from old oak trees with muskets and a mooses head adorning either side
and a cast iron lock only the key master holds the key to on his giant key link of black iron keys

I'm trying to picture a whisky cabinet now
fashioned from old oak trees with muskets and a mooses head adorning either side
and a cast iron lock only the key master holds the key to on his giant key link of black iron keys
Close enough.

I think choosing Baxter over Reed was a mistake , Reed has the drive and engine we needed Baxter is fine in posession , bu has limited movement and a deficiency in will, not good enough in my eyes , but hey ho
What Reed lacks in experience still blinds Baxter in what he brings to a game

Back
Top Bottom