Back to the bad old days

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Flakey

Reaction score
Having been a United supporter for over 60 years, I have lived with the idea that we always sold our best players to survive, I suppose Mick Jones was the first and the exodus continued up to the last few years.

When 'Our Prince' came, I thought we would never have to sell our best players anymore, we would keep all our young talent and only sell when we wanted to, and have enough money to buy the odd player to keep the momentum going.

Rammers has gone, Berge has his suitcase packed, and young talent is being pimped out as loanees, with a view to sell once the term has ended. All this when most of the current old guard should be put out to grass.

If we are that poor and there is no money left, (It was all spent on expensive lawyers to get the club at a 'knock-down' price,) then let's get the young talent back and give them match experience here.

How much worse could it be, at least they would play with enthusiam, and look as if they actually wanted to win, looking at the team sheet for yesterday, it didn't make you think it was going to end any other way.

With respect…all clubs apart from maybe Real Madrid, Barca, PSG and Man City sell off their players….it’s normal business practice.

the important factor isn’t the sale
The key issue is the sale price, if the income is re-invested and how it is re-invested (which new players are bought to improve the team/ squad).

Selling “your best” player at the right price can grow a club bringing success. Brentford wouldn’t be in the PL now without selling their best players.
Think selling Rammers for 25 million is a very good deal….he’s good but not that good.
If we can get 25 mil for Berge then it’s another good deal for our club.

Again with respect it’s a defeatist attitude to write off the season risking relegation by playing the kids.
Any professional manager should always be trying for promotion whilst there’s a chance.
The season has only just started, we should be concerned but no reason to panic yet…the transfer window hasn’t even ended yet.

Having been a United supporter for over 60 years, I have lived with the idea that we always sold our best players to survive, I suppose Mick Jones was the first and the exodus continued up to the last few years.

When 'Our Prince' came, I thought we would never have to sell our best players anymore, we would keep all our young talent and only sell when we wanted to, and have enough money to buy the odd player to keep the momentum going.

Rammers has gone, Berge has his suitcase packed, and young talent is being pimped out as loanees, with a view to sell once the term has ended. All this when most of the current old guard should be put out to grass.

If we are that poor and there is no money left, (It was all spent on expensive lawyers to get the club at a 'knock-down' price,) then let's get the young talent back and give them match experience here.

How much worse could it be, at least they would play with enthusiam, and look as if they actually wanted to win, looking at the team sheet for yesterday, it didn't make you think it was going to end any other way.
The legal case was between KMc and The Prince. It may have depleted the Princes funds but it’s not a liability for the football club.

Seriki is at one of our clubs, hardly being “pimped out”. None of the other best young prospects has been loaned out.

With respect…all clubs apart from maybe Real Madrid, Barca, PSG and Man City sell off their players….it’s normal business practice.

the important factor isn’t the sale
The key issue is the sale price, if the income is re-invested and how it is re-invested (which new players are bought to improve the team/ squad).

Selling “your best” player at the right price can grow a club bringing success. Brentford wouldn’t be in the PL now without selling their best players.
Think selling Rammers for 25 million is a very good deal….he’s good but not that good.
If we can get 25 mil for Berge then it’s another good deal for our club.

Again with respect it’s a defeatist attitude to write off the season risking relegation by playing the kids.
Any professional manager should always be trying for promotion whilst there’s a chance.
The season has only just started, we should be concerned but no reason to panic yet…the transfer window hasn’t even ended yet.
It is hard to be this rational but I'm inclined to agree. I'm reserving my fear and concern for 11pm Tuesday

60 years? I was looking at my 2 year old at the weekend, decked out in his Blades tracksuit (trying to get him attached early!), thinking what am I doing to the poor lad....😅

Let’s not kid ourselves Blades we knew the Prince didn’t come with an open cheque book he found out how much it takes to compete in the Prem now he’s taking his money back with interest.

Let’s not kid ourselves Blades we knew the Prince didn’t come with an open cheque book he found out how much it takes to compete in the Prem now he’s taking his money back with interest.
He came for the money, that's all, and this United world crap is just a way to move money about under a safe umbrella, as it stays within the group.......... apparently.

Back
Top Bottom