CONFIRMED Bénie Traoré

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thought he was poor, nothing stuck with him and he got no change out of their back 4. Not many would against them though obviously, can see he's got potential just not ready yet imo.

Thought he was poor, nothing stuck with him and he got no change out of their back 4. Not many would against them though obviously, can see he's got potential just not ready yet imo.
Went past Walker at the end, walker had to hold his arm from keeping him getting away.

Similar amount of contact just a little later when Egan touches one of theirs in the back... booking.

Weird.

Went past Walker at the end, walker had to hold his arm from keeping him getting away.

Similar amount of contact just a little later when Egan touches one of theirs in the back... booking.

Weird.

To be fair, Traore just slipped. The contact finished before he went down.

He’s getting better with each game.

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned that bit of ball control when someone had wellied it about 300ft in the air and he just took it in stride and killed the ball dead. Beautiful first touch.

His first touch is class. He brought the ball down from that sort of height against Stuttgart as well.

Given that he’s new to English football, never mind the Premier League, I think he’s showing fantastic bravery and just getting stuck in. How often do you see someone come in and spend a few games looking like a rabbit in the headlights? He’s got a great base to start from.

I really like Traore. He's not gonna smash in 20 goals but he works his bollocks off, tracks back a lot, puts himself about, and wants to get involved at every opportunity. Deserves a goal on work rate alone, which will will come once he's got the right strike partner (which isn't Osula).

He's conceded a few fouls in each game this season, none of which have actually been fouls. He's looked completely confused each time he's conceded a free kick and rightly so.

I really like Traore. He's not gonna smash in 20 goals
The thing is i could see him bagging 20, but in the championship if he was there this season, given that extra yard of space and up against less skilful defenders. I think he could be a very decent PL player next season or the one after, hopefully with us!

Can benie play as a 10? Has he played as a 10?
I like him, I like him a lot, but he reminds me of a busier McAtee when he first arrived.
Floating past players is one thing, but receiving the ball with your back to goal, holding off a man, turning THEN trying to beat men/pick a pass is completely different.
If we can get the ball to him facing goal, especially in and around the area, he's going to be a nightmare for defences.
Archer is more suited to the role Benie is currently battling in. Add McBurnie (who is strangley suited to the counter attack as well with his eye for a pass) and we will look a lot more of a threat. Bogle is a goal threat on the break, Hamer too, I just thought before McAtee comes in it might be worth seeing Traore just behind a front 2 Wednesday night.

Weird.
Not in the box so they bottle it. Same obstructive type of cynical play, just not in the box so different rules

I think his first touch is excellent but I think his second touch needs a bit of work, because on Sunday he was laying off to players who weren't there giving Manchester the possession again, I've seen enough of him to believe that these will come when he gets used to the players he's playing with and gets used to the league

Looks every inch a championship player. Doesn’t seem have the physical presence or speed to be a PL scorer.

Having said that:

• he runs the channels well
  • his ball control is decent
  • he seems quite smart
  • he’s young and might get better

He reminds me a bit of Adrian Littlejohn in the way he runs.

I really like Traore. He's not gonna smash in 20 goals but he works his bollocks off, tracks back a lot, puts himself about, and wants to get involved at every opportunity. Deserves a goal on work rate alone, which will will come once he's got the right strike partner (which isn't Osula).

He's conceded a few fouls in each game this season, none of which have actually been fouls. He's looked completely confused each time he's conceded a free kick and rightly so.
If we do go down and Archer doesn't remain then you can see him and McBurnie being effective as a pair plus you'll have Osula a year on, Marsh and potentially Jebbo still. Brewster we all hope gets over his injuries but losing hope on that one.

Looks every inch a championship player. Doesn’t seem have the physical presence or speed to be a PL scorer.

Having said that:

• he runs the channels well
  • his ball control is decent
  • he seems quite smart
  • he’s young and might get better

He reminds me a bit of Adrian Littlejohn in the way he runs.

Agree....he shows promise but looks far too weak with not enough physical presence....so think he'll struggle to adapt to the Premier League.
The games seem a bit too fast for him.....but that's understandable if he's come from the Swedish league.
Also agree about the Adrian Littlejohn comparison.

HOWEVER I thought the same about N'Diaye. In the early days N'Daiye was always falling down and easily knocked off the ball, too lightweight.
However I remember him coming back from preseason training and he'd bulked up and was full of muscle, then as we saw he became difficult to knock off the ball.

Traore is 20 but still looks a bit like a little 15 year old boy playing a mans game.
During the Summer of 2024 I'm sure our backroom staff will have him on the weights with a special diet/ protein powders to build him up.
Beni Traore needs to dedicate his life to being a professional footballer, he needs loads of sessions in the gym to build up his strength and athleticism
However he's still young and think he can be an asset in future.....also think he'll be an effective coming on from the bench for the last 20 minutes of games.

Last edited:
I think he's been good so far considering he's been thrown straight in at the deep end, he works hard for the team,has a good turn of pace, and maybe will give way to Archer on Saturday, but will be a good addition to the squad imo

Has he had a shot in 3 matches?

Definitely some promise and some good attributes but not prem quality. Quite far from currently, he will get better though. Will need a season in the championship to get up to speed and knock some goals in. For him to be starting is a sign of our weakness and lack of prep.

Considering the situation i can’t knock him too much. He’s not had much to work with and the few times he has touched the ball he has shown some promise on a couple of occasions. I think in a season or 2 he will be good for us but currently he’s got work to do. His time will come though.

Has he had a shot in 3 matches?

Definitely some promise and some good attributes but not prem quality. Quite far from currently, he will get better though. Will need a season in the championship to get up to speed and knock some goals in. For him to be starting is a sign of our weakness and lack of prep.

Considering the situation i can’t knock him too much. He’s not had much to work with and the few times he has touched the ball he has shown some promise on a couple of occasions. I think in a season or 2 he will be good for us but currently he’s got work to do. His time will come though.
One on one at Forest.

Back
Top Bottom