CONFIRMED Bénie Traoré

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

When N’diaye comes back in January.

International cash brothers. ICB

Iliman
Cameron
Benie

Ahhh thinking about that, I need a camomile tea and a lie down.

He’s getting better with each game.

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned that bit of ball control when someone had wellied it about 300ft in the air and he just took it in stride and killed the ball dead. Beautiful first touch.
In the absence of SUFC posting a clip, here’s one to keep you going:
View attachment IMG_5655.mov

Last edited:
Of course he is.

You don't go from being the highest scorer in an entire country to being shite overnight.

Yes I know the swedish league isn't comparable, but he has all the tools required to become a big hit here... Pace, flair, a decent shot.. just needs to bulk up a bit and will become a fan favorite especially if we end up back in the championship.

Must admit I have already written him off , or perhaps hes not getting the service , or perhaps hes found his level u21 s

Not in the PL he’s not. And probably not the Championship given the ease with which he can be knocked off the ball.
First thing I said when I saw him , he’s too small , couldn’t any of our management team see this !

I have 100% confidence that in championship he will end up in team of the season and with 15+ goals..

Save this post for later 😉
Tbh all the strikers we have all show promise but never score, give what ever excuse you want young , inexperienced etc
Brewster, Jebbo, Osula, Traore , if they come good at the same time we will each match by 5 or more 😲

He never really was a signing for this season, but due to our poor transfer window and injuries he was thrust into the first team earlier than anticipated.

Ideally, we'd have enough depth in our forward department to send him out on loan to a Championship club at some point (thenj he'd be good to go for us next season as one of our first choice strikers), but that's not looking likely now.

During the summer 2020/21 window the plan was to buy Balogun for £5m, loan him to a Championship club for a season, then he'd be one of our first choice strikers for the 21/22 season. But the deal never got green lit by him who controls the purse strings.

If, as expected, we are in the Championship next season, we'll have McBurnie, Brewster, Osulam, Traore and Marsh on our books, so shouldn't need to sign any new strikers (which we won't be able to anyway because they'll be no money).

First thing I said when I saw him , he’s too small , couldn’t any of our management team see this !
Yes whenever you buy owt online you need something to scale your purchase with or just ask the measurements.... doh

Interesting how the size/height of a player seems to be construed as a negative. Ywes, we'd all love a brick shithouse possessed of great skill but they're few and far between, and probably worth £100 million! Doesn't anyone recall players such as Archie Gemmill, Ndiaye (not exactly a giant) or our ex-player David Brooks who was not exactly an example of a rippling torso. The list is endless, there have been plenty of good to above average creative or forward players who have excelled in the professional game. What we need is good, not a player who fits a stereotype physique (Higdon anyone?) because we imagine that will answer all our prayers.......oh, and when the next Messi wants a trial at SUFC show the young upstart the door, how dare he!

Interesting how the size/height of a player seems to be construed as a negative. Ywes, we'd all love a brick shithouse possessed of great skill but they're few and far between, and probably worth £100 million! Doesn't anyone recall players such as Archie Gemmill, Ndiaye (not exactly a giant) or our ex-player David Brooks who was not exactly an example of a rippling torso. The list is endless, there have been plenty of good to above average creative or forward players who have excelled in the professional game. What we need is good, not a player who fits a stereotype physique (Higdon anyone?) because we imagine that will answer all our prayers.......oh, and when the next Messi wants a trial at SUFC show the young upstart the door, how dare he!

Gemmill, Ndiaye and Brooks were all to varying degrees hard to knock off the ball.

All evidence so far shows that it is very easy for PL defenders to knock Traore off the ball.

Traore’s physical makeup is thus a massive negative. And it is plain to see.

Gemmill, Ndiaye and Brooks were all to varying degrees hard to knock off the ball.

All evidence so far shows that it is very easy for PL defenders to knock Traore off the ball.

Traore’s physical makeup is thus a massive negative. And it is plain to see.
My point, which appears to have been glossed over, is that the clamour for 'big 'ard' players, whilst often being useful, is just one part of what constitutes a successful team. I've no idea whether Traore will develop into a player worthy of the shirt, but a blinkered opinion about who is accepted and who is shunned, based purely on physique, doesn't stand up to informed scrutiny.

My point, which appears to have been glossed over, is that the clamour for 'big 'ard' players, whilst often being useful, is just one part of what constitutes a successful team. I've no idea whether Traore will develop into a player worthy of the shirt, but a blinkered opinion about who is accepted and who is shunned, based purely on physique, doesn't stand up to informed scrutiny.
One would suspect that Traoré is being subjected to some robust training at Shirecliffe to get him used to the physicality of the English game.

One would suspect that Traoré is being subjected to some robust training at Shirecliffe to get him used to the physicality of the English game.

I think it comes in time. Ndiaye was getting bullied quite easily when he first broke into the side and as we know struggled to do more than 60 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom