Attendance for Play Offs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Surely if we get to wembley that means we must have won our semi final tie and therefore must have at least some momentum!

That's a fair point. 2 decent performances would swing the mood. Not that 2 very good performances against Preston counted for anything against Burnley -so who knows eh?

UTB

It will all depend what we do on Friday Night. we will mess it up in play off final also if we play mk dons or huddersfield they will only sell 20000 in there areas and we will obviously sell of are seating

>The loyalty point thing is a worry for me. As you say, there's a high chance of a piss poor following should we get to Wembley. Several mates are 50 50. If they can't get tickets in a group, I'm sure they'll jack it.

which is why the atmosphere is as flat as a fart at wembley.. everyone is sat all over the place.. happened last time

>The loyalty point thing is a worry for me. As you say, there's a high chance of a piss poor following should we get to Wembley. Several mates are 50 50. If they can't get tickets in a group, I'm sure they'll jack it.

which is why the atmosphere is as flat as a fart at wembley.. everyone is sat all over the place.. happened last time

Does anyone know how much league 1 PO final tickets were last year? I guess that will be a deciding factor to how many would go, esp the cost of getting down there and potentially staying over.

Good point sp, I'd go further and advocate reserving specific sections of our allocation for specific stands. Part of the problem last time was the random cheek-by-jowl frre for all whereby you had groups of Hblock or Koppites sat next to family groups. Each type of supporter has their own way of supporting and don't mix well together. Plenty of fisticuffs as parents tired of being told to stand up/sing/fuck off etc in front of little kids.

Does anyone know how much league 1 PO final tickets were last year? I guess that will be a deciding factor to how many would go, esp the cost of getting down there and potentially staying over.
At Old Trafford they were 60, 50, 44, 40 and 30. So I would expect at prices to be higher at Wembley this year.

Good point sp, I'd go further and advocate reserving specific sections of our allocation for specific stands. Part of the problem last time was the random cheek-by-jowl frre for all whereby you had groups of Hblock or Koppites sat next to family groups. Each type of supporter has their own way of supporting and don't mix well together. Plenty of fisticuffs as parents tired of being told to stand up/sing/fuck off etc in front of little kids.

Yes, it doesn't work on a number of scores. It has its' place, but not when we have access to 40,000 tickets and seemingly half of the fanbase considering not going. And the atmosphere would be much improved without it.

I'll be interested to see how Stevenage away sales go. I wont be suprised to see that not sell out as by the time it's open sales, everyone will have made other plans (as per PNE last time).

UTB

wow.. was it you i was nearly fighting with?? :D
seriously .. made a few choice comments about quinn standing around pointing when they scored and some old geezer squares up to me.. my son was about ready to knock him out.. then his wife/daughter (couldn't tell) says 'oh is that how you people deal with things ?' (after it was him that stood up) and i was ready to knock her out.
nearly got thrown out.. highlight of the day really

Surely if we get to wembley that means we must have won our semi final tie and therefore must have at least some momentum!

Our best hope on the ticket front for Wembley if we get there would be a Pesch moment in the second leg. Even then I can't see us getting much above 20,000.

Seems a good opportunity to open up the ticket sales a bit.

Maybe have a couple of days for ST holders and make it clear after that anyone can buy and there will be loads of tickets left.

And if we have saved on Ched's wages even for a week then that would pay for free coach travel as a thank you to the fans.

At Old Trafford they were 60, 50, 44, 40 and 30. So I would expect at prices to be higher at Wembley this year.
9_bannatyne.jpg

If we get to the final v Huddersfield can we move it to Rotherham's New York ground?

The buzz around the ticket office for a "sell out" would really help to get everyone excited for the game.

Playing Wembley in front of 40,000 would kill the atmosphere and Sky would even struggle to bill it as "the game of the century" if there were lots of empty seats... I think there is a TV reason for it as our red and white shirts would be difficult to pick out against masses of empty red seats

I understand the negativity around the playoffs..
However...
If we get thru to Wembley then the excitment will come back on the back of the wins against a good team and you will want to go!!

I must admit after years of let downs etc I dont want to go but I have to as I have to be there, when we finally bleeding win one.

So cast aside this thread and back the Blades on Fri and Mon
See ya at Wembley..... (hopefully)

Away Leg will be a Sell Out
Home Leg will be a Sell Out

If by some crazy miracle we manage to win and get to Wembley, our allocation 37,500 will sell out.

We might not be Massive and have 900 millions fans world wide but we ARE a big club with a huge fan base. You might be able to piss and moan about the heart and desire of the Team but never doubt the Blades supporters to turn up in numbers when it matters most.

Everyone who says they wouldn't go to Wembley again is lying, imagine how much of twat you'd feel if we actually scored never mind won.

Anyway as the cliche goes, take one game at a time. Friday first, then Monday, then pray to Jimmy Hagan's brylcream the next game we have to worry about is on the 26th may.

I won't be there , I'd rather united won and I was t there to enjoy it than endure another journey back home with no voice , broken heart depressed thawing out feeling ive endured at least six times before

I'll be watching it on tv

Everyone who says they wouldn't go to Wembley again is lying, imagine how much of twat you'd feel if we actually scored never mind won.

Anyway as the cliche goes, take one game at a time. Friday first, then Monday, then pray to Jimmy Hagan's brylcream the next game we have to worry about is on the 26th may.

I won't go.

I can stumble down the hill from The Sherwood when the disappointment sets in. Can't handle a 3hr drive back with Huds or MK fans rodding me on M1

I won't be there , I'd rather united won and I was t there to enjoy it than endure another journey back home with no voice , broken heart depressed thawing out feeling ive endured at least six times before

That is how I feel but that is also exactly why I have to go.(if we get there)
I am not sure that I can take another loss/non performance in an important match, But if I didn't go and we won it might be the only time in my life that we play there and bleeding win.
The feeling at not going would be worse(even tho we would be up)

So get ya head from out your arse, get a helmet on as soon as we beat Stevenage, I'll be round on the Vespa to get us there in time :)

I understand the negativity around the playoffs..
However...
If we get thru to Wembley then the excitment will come back on the back of the wins against a good team and you will want to go!!

I must admit after years of let downs etc I dont want to go but I have to as I have to be there, when we finally bleeding win one.

So cast aside this thread and back the Blades on Fri and Mon
See ya at Wembley..... (hopefully)

97 I didnt go to Ipswich, Listened on the radio with a crap RS signal in the Halls of Salford Uni - I was elated.
97 I went to Wembley - I was sun burnt and pissed off
98 I went to Sunderland Away - I was down beat
03 I didn't go to the Epic Nottingham Forest game, I was watching it in an Irish bar in Cologne - I was still elated
03 I went to Cardiff - I was pissed off
09 I went to the Preston home leg - I was still elated
09 I went to Wembley I was sun burnt and swore I would not be at the next PO final

97 I didnt go to Ipswich, Listened on the radio with a crap RS signal in the Halls of Salford Uni - I was elated.
97 I went to Wembley - I was sun burnt and pissed off
98 I went to Sunderland Away - I was down beat
03 I didn't go to the Epic Nottingham Forest game, I was watching it in an Irish bar in Cologne - I was still elated
03 I went to Cardiff - I was pissed off
09 I went to the Preston home leg - I was still elated
09 I went to Wembley I was sun burnt and swore I would not be at the next PO final

Am hoping your the Jonah then at the big games!!
I'm going to prove that I'm not!!

Am hoping your the Jonah then at the big games!!
I'm going to prove that I'm not!!
I'm doing it for the greater good vespa

I was in Kazakhstan for the wigan relegation, so don't hold your breath!

Surely though if we're going to get the best part of 40 000 tickets then mates with different numbers of points can afford to wait until the one with least points can purchase. Agree with Raul about areas for families etc, but I believe the FL/Wembley insist on certian blocks being sold first so that it looks better on TV.

Surely though if we're going to get the best part of 40 000 tickets then mates with different numbers of points can afford to wait until the one with least points can purchase. Agree with Raul about areas for families etc, but I believe the FL/Wembley insist on certian blocks being sold first so that it looks better on TV.

In theory yes but what happened last time is that the sales based on different categories went on for days and days so fans tend to not want to take the risk of waiting a week or so and risk not getting the price category of seat they want etc. And those with no points who need to sort travel plans etc with their ST mates just dip out.

By the nature of these games you need to attract the part time fans and casual and even once in a few years type fans to sell out. This time round we have the allocation and lower demand to justify simplifying things to take more fans.

In theory yes but what happened last time is that the sales based on different categories went on for days and days so fans tend to not want to take the risk of waiting a week or so and risk not getting the price category of seat they want etc. And those with no points who need to sort travel plans etc with their ST mates just dip out.

By the nature of these games you need to attract the part time fans and casual and even once in a few years type fans to sell out. This time round we have the allocation and lower demand to justify simplifying things to take more fans.

If there's no loyalty scheme I'd consider running a coach, and the first thing I'd do is ring around all the part timers, family memebers to gather support. If I have to solve Pythagoras' theory to organise it, it'll be me and a few mates in a car.

UTB

The one slight disadvantage of any loyalty scheme is how it can split people / families up and can actually dissuade the casual fan who doesn't get to every game as by the time he can buy ticket only the crap or mega expensive are left.
On the other hand there could be the free for all that the pigs have due to having no loyalty scheme in place ( strange how a club so MASSIVE never needed one ) wonder how many pigs that go regular were left outside the sty when the glory hunters crawled out of the woodwork and snapped up the tickets.

Back
Top Bottom