Attendance for Play Offs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The one slight disadvantage of any loyalty scheme is how it can split people / families up and can actually dissuade the casual fan who doesn't get to every game as by the time he can buy ticket only the crap or mega expensive are left.
On the other hand there could be the free for all that the pigs have due to having no loyalty scheme in place ( strange how a club so MASSIVE never needed one ) wonder how many pigs that go regular were left outside the sty when the glory hunters crawled out of the woodwork and snapped up the tickets.

But with up to 40,000 on offer, what's the problem? Big queue's? If so, book online or wait. If you want to go in a group you can but you might have a ball ache in a queue. There is no chance of anyone wanting a ticket not getting one. None at all. The only risk is selling bugger all, and reducing demand further by splitting everyone up. And killing the atmosphere, hence support, is another good reason to can it.

UTB

I don't see any reason why they need to have the loyalty points scheme should we get to the final. We'll have plenty of tickets so just put them on general sale from day one, and sell them online aswell. Most people will still go to the ticket office to get theirs or phone up but I don't have the time to go to the ticket office and I refuse to spend all day on the phone to an 0845 number so my only option is to buy online. Do it that way and that means that we can all buy groups of tickets together and sit with our mates. Everyones happy then.

Well you can always link ticket accounts to buy online, Family & Friends I think it's called that way even if there is a numbers restriction multiple tickets can be bought together.

Well you can always link ticket accounts to buy online, Family & Friends I think it's called that way even if there is a numbers restriction multiple tickets can be bought together.

Not if it's loyalty points based. There's no way around getting someone a ticket who doesn't quality.

UTB

I've had a few and I'm nearly 62, so I might be excused for not understanding what the fuck this all means, can some kind soul please explain?
I think it basically means that fans of other clubs want to see us more than any other team in the division. IE, when we're the away team, whoever we're against gets their highest attendance of the season. Not with every team of course but if you average it out over 23 games then we're top.

I think it basically means that fans of other clubs want to see us more than any other team in the division. IE, when we're the away team, whoever we're against gets their highest attendance of the season. Not with every team of course but if you average it out over 23 games then we're top.

Or that our large away followings made it so.

UTB

OK, one step at a time, what is the first column an average of?

But with up to 40,000 on offer, what's the problem? Big queue's? If so, book online or wait. If you want to go in a group you can but you might have a ball ache in a queue. There is no chance of anyone wanting a ticket not getting one. None at all. The only risk is selling bugger all, and reducing demand further by splitting everyone up. And killing the atmosphere, hence support, is another good reason to can it.

UTB

This, a million times this.

Its a 90k seater stadium. Worst case scenario sees us playing Huddersfield. 48k attended last seasons L1 PO final (when Hudds played Peterborough).

Assuming that even 34k of those were Hudds fans, and assuming they want a similar no of tickets this time round, there are potentially 45-50k left.

Basically if we want more tickets thatn we are initially allocated, we'll get them...

Let's hope the club are reading this and realise what the sensible approach would be (should we get there).

No reason why they can't do, say, ST holders for 2 days then general sale.

i've been banging on about this for ages metal..
what happened to me is that last season i was walking through town to the game and i saw an old mate who used to be a massive blade and he says 'i haven't been to a game for ages, i'll come along'.. i had to tell him that if he didn't have a ticket he'd blown it..and he wouldn't be able to sit with me anyway
there is no facility for roll ups, casual observers and people who work shifts to get hooked back in
PLUS.. i've always maintained you should get a ticket for a section not a seat and sit where you like ie with your mates who bought a roll up ticket

btw bollocks to wembley.. i've been .. it's a dump.. novelty worn off.. if we were to get huddersfield in the final i'd even advocate moving the game to the rust bucket of filth to save the hassle

i've been banging on about this for ages metal..
what happened to me is that last season i was walking through town to the game and i saw an old mate who used to be a massive blade and he says 'i haven't been to a game for ages, i'll come along'.. i had to tell him that if he didn't have a ticket he'd blown it..and he wouldn't be able to sit with me anyway
there is no facility for roll ups, casual observers and people who work shifts to get hooked back in
PLUS.. i've always maintained you should get a ticket for a section not a seat and sit where you like ie with your mates who bought a roll up ticket

btw bollocks to wembley.. i've been .. it's a dump.. novelty worn off.. if we were to get huddersfield in the final i'd even advocate moving the game to the rust bucket of filth to save the hassle

This is where a limited standing area would be fantastic at the top of the kop say. I'm a bit old for standing myself I can see advantages buy your ticket for that area and stand with your mates.
I remember at Old Trafford v Arsenal I got a ticket as a programme seller, one lad had a ticket (ST holder ) my other lad wanted to go so did the wife, I ended up giving my ticket to my lad and buying 2 on general sale for me and the wife. We were sat just above the tunnel (great view of that grinning cunt Poll at HT) and one lad was in the lower tier opposite the other lad in the top tier opposite. Now if the lads had been too young to be on their own none of us would have bothered going.

btw give me Old Trafford over the Wembley shithole any day

I'd prefer OT aswell. Wembley is just an extortionate pain in the arse to get to/from. Give me an hour over the Woodhead any day.

That's rubbish, Wembley although rebuilt into a fantastic modern stadium has huge amounts of history.

It's the national stadium, it's where England play, the FA Cup final, kids grow up in shanty towns all over the world dreaming of playing at Wembley. It's a grand day out (up until kick off for a us anyway) its a chance for Lower League players to play at the Show Piece stadium.

Old Trafford's got a tunnel, a clock and Car Parks as far as the eye can see.

I am praying for a day out in London with 37,499 other Blades.

I hate London, I hate the crappy journey there, I hate the fact that the day out will cost around £200 or more and if we lose, the journey back is thoroughly depressing. If the tickets weren't so ridiculously expensive it might be more appealing. It isn't even a very good stadium, The Millennium is way better.

I'll still go, but I'm not looking forward to the expense.

It is a great stadium got everything, but history it has not I'm afraid. All it is is modern stadium in the middle of a wasteland of industrial units, not many boozers or anything near on for food or drink so you get ripped off in or on the approaches to the stadium. At least in Cardiff you have the town centre or the castle to wander around pre match, I'd prefer the Millennium stadium too, seems closer to the pitch.

It is a great stadium got everything, but history it has not I'm afraid. All it is is modern stadium in the middle of a wasteland of industrial units, not many boozers or anything near on for food or drink so you get ripped off in or on the approaches to the stadium. At least in Cardiff you have the town centre or the castle to wander around pre match, I'd prefer the Millennium stadium too seems closer to the pitch.
Much closer to the pitch, I was on the 3rd tier at the millennium and still felt about 6 foot from the edge of the pitch.

It is a great stadium got everything, but history it has not I'm afraid. All it is is modern stadium in the middle of a wasteland of industrial units, not many boozers or anything near on for food or drink so you get ripped off in or on the approaches to the stadium. At least in Cardiff you have the town centre or the castle to wander around pre match, I'd prefer the Millennium stadium too, seems closer to the pitch.

The Millennium Stadium is a Rugby ground with piss poor views and a roof, a roof!

So what if its next to the city centre, London has this wonder of metropolitan transport called the tube and in 15 minutes you can be in the middle of one of the best cities in the world.

Imagine of we beat Stevenage and got to Wembley and shock horror, won!

Back
Top Bottom