At our lowest point who was the worst player you wanted us to sign out of desperation?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There must be a few who were excited when we signed Richard Cadette back in 1987. Came to us after scoring a shed load for Southend and the club literally had a raffle so we could afford to buy him.

I remember we chased Chris O'Grady for a while and he came on loan and didn't do bad, scoring a good goal v Walsall but it was tragic because we were playing one up top and just trying to get 1-0 wins against Crewe and Crawley. That 2nd season under Clough was so frustrating, it was like he'd pressed the self destruct button and decided he was going to fuck things up as much as possible.

There was a time on transfer deadline day there was a roumer we were after Jake Cassidy on loan from wolves, i honestly thought it was a goer! 😂

I always fancied Richie Wellens from Donny. There have been quite a few periods when I prayed for footballing midfielders.
I was also thrilled when we got Howard from Barnsley, Bruno Ribera, Ahmed Fati & Leon Brittan but alas their talents were not appreciated at the Lane by incumbent managers.

Biggest disappointment was Steve Thompson's inability to find a spot in the team for future Euro Winning captain Tri Dellas. The kid oozed talent.

Back
Top Bottom