At our lowest point who was the worst player you wanted us to sign out of desperation?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

James coppinger from donny he about 38 could have done a job for us.

Not at our lowest point certainly - but I was absolutely gutted when we didn’t sign Devante Cole - who is currently jobless after 0 goals in 9 games for Doncaster.

... a part of me still thinks CWAK could have turned him into a Golden Boot winner!

He and his agent got greedy didn't they? isn't that why the deal fell through?

Always thought that when we were dropping down the leagues under Blackwell and Adams, we'd end up with either Jon Parkin or Alan Lee.

That's a good shout.

Was it about that time that Andy Morris at Chesterfield always seemed to have our pants down too?

My memories of that time are lost in a sea of Tetleys.
Milk or Lemon?

What was the name of the player Wilder ordered to go back to Watford because of agent's demands?

Yeah I think they stalled us to try to get more money and then there wasn’t enough time to get it over the line.

I bet he thanks his agent for that brilliant advice everytime he sees us on MoTD.
it would've given him a chance but he was never good enough to have consolidated here. On the 'Deadline Day' video, Wilder & Knill weren't expecting much from him.

That's the one I'd go with, now there is a lad who might've kick started a good career.
You blew it man!
Just checked last at VVV Venlo on loan, I'm sure he will regret what he did!

Luke Beckett.

Then we did and played him for about 13 minutes

Luke Beckett was in our local at Christmas at the same time as our Sunday league Christmas piss up - we tried to get him to sign on for our local team - sadly he wasn’t convinced

I remember wanting us to sign Matthieu Manset from Coventry to solve our lack of pace up front circa 2014.

Looking at this career now, he spent the following two seasons at Walsall and Cheltenham, playing a total of 31 times and scoring a grand total of 0 goals.

I remember in the pre-season before the our relegation season to League One, we were all very excited that we might sign both Andrew Surman and Sylvain Ebanks-Blake. We didn't, we were dismal and we went down. Andrew Surman has had a steady career since, but nothing like that early excitement. Ebanks-Cake, as my mate dubbed him, just got fat.

In the Adkins season I really wanted us to sign Mark Duffy and Lewis Alins from Burton.

One turned out ok.

The big need was a commanding centre half. Obviously wanted Burn and the two Yeovil to Millwall donkeys Ed Upson and Byrom Webster. But taking the biscuit another Burton link. I remember being gutted when we missed out on Kyle McFadzean. Blimey.

Thinking on Dan Burn would actually be a good replacement for JOC when the unthinkable happens shudder. That thread could yet be revived.

We could have signed Leon Clarke and Callum Wilson for a million!

Stuart Beavon
I remember everyone going mad for that Charlton midfielder Baily too. Nicky?
Brian Howard was one I thought would solve our midfield issues.

Back
Top Bottom