At our lowest point who was the worst player you wanted us to sign out of desperation?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I thought Connor Sammon would be a great signing for us and wanted him before we were actually linked.
Lower still might've been wanting Barry Robson to be kept on for another season.
But right at the bottom was transfer deadline day, summer 2014. Crying out for a striker all window, I was delighted we got Michael Higdon in. Seems like a bad dream nowadays

No insult to the players themselves who were decent at that level. But when I look at players we are now linked with, compared with who I was desperately wanting us to sign a few years ago it shows how far we've come. Grant Holt at the end of his career when he was seriously overweight, I thought could do a decent job for us. I really wanted us to sign Chris O' Grady permanently and was disappointed when it didn't happen, Alan Sheehan at Bradford I wanted us to sign, and there was the endless debate about signing Sam Morsy!

Dean Hammond, the final,piece of Adkins jigsaw.
Captain for Southamptons double promotion, what could go wrong.....😲

I was slightly disappointed at the time when Bob Harris was released. Looking at what's become of him now, I'm glad we got rid! I was also quite excited about Billy Paynter signing considering his record in League One at the time, how badly did that turn out!

I said when we got relegated after Bassett took over that we must sign the young gangly kid from Donny. Can't remember his name but was sommert like Dean Brian?

Mathieu Manset - time and time and time again.

Oh no, wait, I'm not Ricky.

Probably someone like Beavon or Billy Clarke.

Steve Davies ,not the 'interesting one ,the one who scored in the 5-5 at Swindon ,he wasnt that bad compared with some of the other goons and I wanted us to get him.
During he Marcus Williams ,Jordan Stewart ,Matt Hill period I would have signed a crusty bogie to play left back.

Opposition players that I’ve seen playing against us that I’ve thought wow...we should sign him.

Brian Marwood- when playing for Hull City
Steve Agnew- when playing for Barnsley.
Andrew Johnson - when playing for Crystal Palace.
Sam Morsey- when playing for Chesterfield

Bolt nut bender.
Very good with girders allegedly

Some fat Argentinian in the 80’s - Diego something. Reckon he’d sign for us now in premier league ? 🤣

Ryan Tafazolli.

Thought he should have been one of Wilders first signings, a strong, solid centre half who would have perfect for us.

We ended up not being able to match his wage demands.

We ended up moving on to another target.

Keith Quinn with his brothers being good , i expected Keith to follow , i was disappointed when he turned out to be the runt of the litter .

I must admit i was desperate for Leon Clark to sign for us when it’s started getting rumoured. My head said he’s score 10 goals alongside Billy. But my heart said I was a Wednesday cunt who couldn’t look in the mirror until he scored first goal for us

Dean Hammonds Wife!

Dan Burn got ridiculous levels of interest on here at the time. Turns out he wouldn't have been a bad signing and has had a decentish career.

For me though it was probably Devante Cole. I stupidly thought because he was related to Andy Cole, he would be a world beater.

Back
Top Bottom