Assombalonga and Braitwaite ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

By the way, the forums resident ITK poster claimed Wilder was interested last season. Perhaps you don't know the inner workings of Wilder's mind as well as you think you do.
What is interesting regards this is the fact Wilder does go after players he fancies for a long time, normally until he gets them.

What is interesting regards this is the fact Wilder does go after players he fancies for a long time, normally until he gets them.

True, which may mean we could also come back in for Luke Freeman as well, assuming Richard Cadette is correct and assuming Wilder still fancies him.

You're conflating characteristics that aren't necessarily linked. Just because someone runs around a lot does not guarantee a good attitude or work ethic, the same can be said the opposite way around.

You're also making assumptions about him based on a completely different tactical system. You're right: Chris Wilder likes to press fairly high, however Pulis' teams generally sit deeper and counter directly - whether or not a striker presses depends more on the managers instructions, not the players mood.

It's a simplistic view of the typical football fan. Take Berbatov as an example; while fans across the country bemoaned his languid style and claimed he was lazy, he was busy banging in goals and being voted Europes top player by his fellow pros.

Finally, you seem confident that Wilder won't be in for him - I'm not so sure. One thing I am sure of is that if Wilder wants him, then there's nothing wrong with his attitude. Besides, Wilder has made an art out of turning misfiring or unfancied players into world beaters.

Hardly unfancied, a couple of clubs have already wasted a lot of money on him for no more return than we have managed with others costing far less in both fee and salary.
Comparing a lump of power...lazy to boot...with the class of Berbatov is stupid, two completely different types of player. One will drop deep receive the ball and create, the other will run after it occasionally then dawdle to get back and be offside a lot.
It says a lot about him that Pulis hasn’t started him every game. Why is that? Especially as they struggled to score.

And finally, I would suggest someone who’s prepared to run around a lot, and is fit enough to be able to do it, is very much more dedicated to his task and team than someone ambling about letting defenders have more time than they should to get the ball out.
As for Cadette....he’s right some of the time. And was wrong with that. Wilder never stated he was after him. And I’m confident he’s not now either. Though I’m sure the lads agent will be very keen for our club to want him, given that he’s not managed to earn his own place in the top division before now.

I know I'm knocking every supposed ITK posting about who we're going to sign but from Assombolonga's highlights (yeah I know it doesn't show everything but it is supposed to be the best bits) he looks like a marginally faster but fatter and less aware Billy Sharp.

Hardly unfancied, a couple of clubs have already wasted a lot of money on him for no more return than we have managed with others costing far less in both fee and salary.
Comparing a lump of power...lazy to boot...with the class of Berbatov is stupid, two completely different types of player. One will drop deep receive the ball and create, the other will run after it occasionally then dawdle to get back and be offside a lot.
It says a lot about him that Pulis hasn’t started him every game. Why is that? Especially as they struggled to score.

I'm not comparing the players. I'm using Berbatov as an example of a player who doesn't need to run around like a headless chicken in order to do his job.

I don't know why Pulis hasn't started him every game, maybe it's his attitude, maybe it's tactical, maybe he just prefers Hugil?
The point is you don't know either, but you seem convinced it's and attitude and professionalism. (Despite there being no evidence)

And finally, I would suggest someone who’s prepared to run around a lot, and is fit enough to be able to do it, is very much more dedicated to his task and team than someone ambling about letting defenders have more time than they should to get the ball out.

In that case we may aswell sign Mo Farah and another 10 marathon runners.

As for Cadette....he’s right some of the time. And was wrong with that. Wilder never stated he was after him. And I’m confident he’s not now either. Though I’m sure the lads agent will be very keen for our club to want him, given that he’s not managed to earn his own place in the top division before now.

I can believe how convinced you are of your unfounded opinions. In that one paragraph you've convinced yourself that Richard Cadette is wrong and Wilder doesn't want him. You either a mind reader or extremely arrogant.

Hmm, a lot of these accusations remind me of those levelled at Leon Clarke...he turned out to be wank n’all.
Fancy being soo crap that you only manage a (better than) 1 in 3 scoring record in a negative Tony Pulis Boro side that’s stunk the league out all season and largely stifles creative play and creates few chances.
He’s got the raw materials to do well - pace, power, athleticism and is only 26. If Wilder can get a tune out of the perennially injured McGoldrick, I’d trust him to work his magic on Britt. Gerr’im in!
I’ll have Luke Freeman as well please.

Adama Traore being released by Wolves. Worth a punt?? Always impressed me when I’ve seen him play. I think we do need a bit of pace in the side for a Plan B. Also, I know Gary Madine has split opinions on here with his performances. He has impressed me. Worth a go for me also. Traore and Madine could mix things up if we’re struggling in a game? All in all, it’s fucking brilliant to be thinking of multi million pounds players that could come to the Lane.

Adama Traore being released by Wolves. Worth a punt?? Always impressed me when I’ve seen him play. I think we do need a bit of pace in the side for a Plan B. Also, I know Gary Madine has split opinions on here with his performances. He has impressed me. Worth a go for me also. Traore and Madine could mix things up if we’re struggling in a game? All in all, it’s fucking brilliant to be thinking of multi million pounds players that could come to the Lane.
Not sure he's being 'released' as in free agent, but he is available to buy or loan. At the right price he'd be a good option.

I'm not comparing the players. I'm using Berbatov as an example of a player who doesn't need to run around like a headless chicken in order to do his job.

I don't know why Pulis hasn't started him every game, maybe it's his attitude, maybe it's tactical, maybe he just prefers Hugil?
The point is you don't know either, but you seem convinced it's and attitude and professionalism. (Despite there being no evidence)

In that case we may aswell sign Mo Farah and another 10 marathon runners.

I can believe how convinced you are of your unfounded opinions. In that one paragraph you've convinced yourself that Richard Cadette is wrong and Wilder doesn't want him. You either a mind reader or extremely arrogant.

Point 1- and what is Assombalonga job at Boro? The fact Pulis often picked Hugil over him suggests he wants a player who works hard and grafts his nuts off up top. As I’m sure you’d agree he does.
So if he’s not expected to graft then what does he do? Does Sharp run around like a headless chicken? McGoldrick? Did Leon? Hogan or Madine??
Did they bollocks, they ran their blood to water for the club, and it’s the bare minimum expected by the manager. Assombalonga doesn’t do that.
Shame, because the pace and power he has could make him a handful. What other possible explanation could there be?

Marathon runners....well tour full of funnies aren’t you! Bell end remark.
Don’t need to expand on that.

You liked to mention Cadette as if he’s always right. Which he isn’t. Wilder may have looked at him as a loan to try and get us up. It has no bearing in him being interested now.
You or I don’t know for sure, but looking at the type of players he did get in Jan....one he was after in August and another being a big target man I doubt it was ever really likely, or if it was being only an option to go for if others didn’t work out.
Wilder hasn’t confirmed he was interested or is. Those are the facts.

Listening to what the manager says and equating that to having an opinion on a player who doesn’t fit the bill is not arrogance. It’s sense.
He wants
1. effort.
2. Value for money
3. Quality players who have the potential to make the step up.
4. Within a sensible budget (Our budget) that won’t unsettle the group he has already.
5. Players capable of playing 40 plus games a season...in other words not injury prone or fucked from past serious injuries.

Assombalonga shown little effort in the games I’ve seen, whether full or highlights. Can’t be arsed to track back onside half the time.
£15m pound fees mentioned!
Not pulled up any trees in this league recently!
£30k a week min currently...more likely a hell of a lot more. Not one of the current squad is currently nor will be close to that after a pay rise.
He’s suffered some bad injuries, so question marks over his fitness.

That’s why I’m confident he’s not coming here

Look at what the boro fans say about him. They are saying he’s excellent!

Point 1- and what is Assombalonga job at Boro? The fact Pulis often picked Hugil over him suggests he wants a player who works hard and grafts his nuts off up top. As I’m sure you’d agree he does.
So if he’s not expected to graft then what does he do? Does Sharp run around like a headless chicken? McGoldrick? Did Leon? Hogan or Madine??
Did they bollocks, they ran their blood to water for the club, and it’s the bare minimum expected by the manager. Assombalonga doesn’t do that.
Shame, because the pace and power he has could make him a handful. What other possible explanation could there be?

Marathon runners....well tour full of funnies aren’t you! Bell end remark.
Don’t need to expand on that.

You liked to mention Cadette as if he’s always right. Which he isn’t. Wilder may have looked at him as a loan to try and get us up. It has no bearing in him being interested now.
You or I don’t know for sure, but looking at the type of players he did get in Jan....one he was after in August and another being a big target man I doubt it was ever really likely, or if it was being only an option to go for if others didn’t work out.
Wilder hasn’t confirmed he was interested or is. Those are the facts.

Listening to what the manager says and equating that to having an opinion on a player who doesn’t fit the bill is not arrogance. It’s sense.
He wants
1. effort.
2. Value for money
3. Quality players who have the potential to make the step up.
4. Within a sensible budget (Our budget) that won’t unsettle the group he has already.
5. Players capable of playing 40 plus games a season...in other words not injury prone or fucked from past serious injuries.

Assombalonga shown little effort in the games I’ve seen, whether full or highlights. Can’t be arsed to track back onside half the time.
£15m pound fees mentioned!
Not pulled up any trees in this league recently!
£30k a week min currently...more likely a hell of a lot more. Not one of the current squad is currently nor will be close to that after a pay rise.
He’s suffered some bad injuries, so question marks over his fitness.

That’s why I’m confident he’s not coming here

If you're going to get personal and call me a bell end then I'll leave it. I'm not going to waste my time if you can't be civil.

Speedboat with no rudder.

If you're going to get personal and call me a bell end then I'll leave it. I'm not going to waste my time if you can't be civil.

I reacted to your being facetious and condescending with that remark, when you knew exactly what I meant as you’re not a pig and that stupid!
Not intended to get personal back as I try to avoid it, so apologies from me.

I reacted to your being facetious and condescending with that remark, when you knew exactly what I meant as you’re not a pig and that stupid!
Not intended to get personal back as I try to avoid it, so apologies from me.

I would protest that I was being facetious or condescending, but considering you're not the first person who's feathers I've ruffled this week then I have to accept that you're probably right.

Been a long, long week and I'm obviously taking it out on other people, so I apologise myself.

Back
Top Bottom