Assombalonga and Braitwaite ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I still want Dicko. Dicko and Nmecha will do it for me! Maybe Robinson too.

Pace, and lots of it, hunger, youth, tricky, some frenchness and, well, y'know...

You must have loved both of Dicko's goals from last season.

He’s been shit in the championship

Not sure how you worked that one out.

His goal record is 0.41 per game - nearly a goal every other game.

To put that into perspective, Sharp's record in the championship is 0.35.

Could be worth a punt.
£8m upfront with a few million depending on goals scored, if we stay up etc etc

I see the “worth a punt” season is officially open. Is there anyone out there who could ‘do a job’? If so should we givemarun?

Could Wilder get a tune out of him?

I for one would be open to the signing. Believe CWAK could get the best out of him.

Not sure how you worked that one out.

His goal record is 0.41 per game - nearly a goal every other game.

To put that into perspective, Sharp's record in the championship is 0.35.

Not this season he hasn’t, he’s hardly played, shown poor attitude and work ethic and looked miles away from a player with millions!

Not this season he hasn’t, he’s hardly played, shown poor attitude and work ethic and looked miles away from a player with millions!

How do you know he's shown a poor attitude and work ethic?

Also, he has 14 goals from 27 starts this season. He's scored nearly a third of Middlesbrough's goals, despite "hardly playing".

Because he's turned fuck all out since Tubthumping, which was a great tune but a one hit wonder..............

That got a good laugh out of me
cover.jpg

16:34

BLADES LINKED WITH £15M BRITT

Sheffield United are set to spend £15m on Middlesbrough forward Britt Assombalonga, according to the Northern Echo.

The 26-year-old is reportedly one of the most likely names to leave the Riverside this summer as a number of clubs are taking a look at the forward with newly-promoted Blades one of the frontrunners.

From SSN Transfer Center.

Can't see anyone paying £15m for him. Less than £10m and I think its a good deal. I believe Boro's parachute payments have ended so they will need to sell a few.

16:34

BLADES LINKED WITH £15M BRITT

Sheffield United are set to spend £15m on Middlesbrough forward Britt Assombalonga, according to the Northern Echo.

The 26-year-old is reportedly one of the most likely names to leave the Riverside this summer as a number of clubs are taking a look at the forward with newly-promoted Blades one of the frontrunners.

From SSN Transfer Center.

Can't see anyone paying £15m for him. Less than £10m and I think its a good deal. I believe Boro's parachute payments have ended so they will need to sell a few.

Of course the Northern Echo says nothing of the kind...

If he stays fit then knowing Wilder and Knilly they'll get a further 10% out of Assombalonga and he's got something we lack and we all know what that is! If we can get him for £10m then he could be a decent buy.

Bottom line is Wilder and Knill can improve players hugely. Assombalonga has the raw materials, the physicality and the pace. He’s also a decent lad apparently.

I’d definitely look at Callum Robinson as an alternative though.

How do you know he's shown a poor attitude and work ethic?

Also, he has 14 goals from 27 starts this season. He's scored nearly a third of Middlesbrough's goals, despite "hardly playing".

Only started half (there abouts) of his clubs games this season, looked completely disinterested and lazy whenever I’ve seen him play. Rarely prepared to close down, poor link up play and suited to balls into channels.
For the fees quoted I would have expected that player to be tearing up the championship but he hasn’t. And it’s not as if he’s played in the premier league...he hasn’t done that either.
I wouldn’t be looking at him beyond £5m.

Only started half (there abouts) of his clubs games this season, looked completely disinterested and lazy whenever I’ve seen him play. Rarely prepared to close down, poor link up play and suited to balls into channels.
For the fees quoted I would have expected that player to be tearing up the championship but he hasn’t. And it’s not as if he’s played in the premier league...he hasn’t done that either.
Think you're right he is not the kind of player I would expect Wilder to go for.
Doasnt strike me as a team player ,as you say a lazy player.

Sounds like you've seen him play a couple of times, he didn't run about enough and you've decided he has a poor attitude.

Sounds like you've seen him play a couple of times, he didn't run about enough and you've decided he has a poor attitude.

Well seeing as “running about” is an important part of the game....AND one of the key personality traits looked for by our manager then that’s probably as good an indication of someone’s attitude being poor. Caused by either lack of trying, interest or pride....or lack of fitness, which in turn shows lack of professionalism and a poor attitude to training and his fitness.

Whichever it is, then for the fees mentioned and the wages those fees would command it’s still a no from me. And thankfully Chris Wilder.

I don't think he's ever been the same player since his shocking injury at Forest. I would've snapped your hand of for the pre injury version. He's still handy, but I'd question whether he's premier league class. He looks like he's lost some pace and explosiveness when I've seen him. I'd also question whether he has the physicality to play in a demanding pressing style. Possibly worth a punt, but at the right price.

Well seeing as “running about” is an important part of the game....AND one of the key personality traits looked for by our manager then that’s probably as good an indication of someone’s attitude being poor. Caused by either lack of trying, interest or pride....or lack of fitness, which in turn shows lack of professionalism and a poor attitude to training and his fitness.

Whichever it is, then for the fees mentioned and the wages those fees would command it’s still a no from me. And thankfully Chris Wilder.

You're conflating characteristics that aren't necessarily linked. Just because someone runs around a lot does not guarantee a good attitude or work ethic, the same can be said the opposite way around.

You're also making assumptions about him based on a completely different tactical system. You're right: Chris Wilder likes to press fairly high, however Pulis' teams generally sit deeper and counter directly - whether or not a striker presses depends more on the managers instructions, not the players mood.

It's a simplistic view of the typical football fan. Take Berbatov as an example; while fans across the country bemoaned his languid style and claimed he was lazy, he was busy banging in goals and being voted Europes top player by his fellow pros.

Finally, you seem confident that Wilder won't be in for him - I'm not so sure. One thing I am sure of is that if Wilder wants him, then there's nothing wrong with his attitude. Besides, Wilder has made an art out of turning misfiring or unfancied players into world beaters.

By the way, the forums resident ITK poster claimed Wilder was interested last season. Perhaps you don't know the inner workings of Wilder's mind as well as you think you do.

Interest was real in Freeman but Woodburn cheaper deal. As I said Egan and Holmes correct. Next up, Oliver Norwood on loan with deal for permanent. Marvin Johnson from Boro to play left wing back. Both definites. Interest in a loan for Assombolonga, however depends if Boro think they have enough cover, they are prepared to let him go though.

Back
Top Bottom