Assett of Community Value

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Seems to me to be just another example of the Grunters trying to pull the gun out of their holster only to end up shooting themselves in the foot. They are doing this because they are shit scared that Mr C might want to flog the Old Slag to a developer to try and get some money back on his bet which has well adnd truly gone down the shitter. If they are successful, it might stop the Tuna Kahuna from selling it to a developer but they are then hamstrung with all sorts of red tape if they want to apply a bit of mascara and lippy to the Old Slag.

As we seem to have an owner who has our best interests at heart (as well as his own no doubt) there really is no need for us to try to do likewise. Keep the council out of our business (they've never really helped us before have they) and then subject to planning permissions Utd are free to do what they want to do to the Lane.

I hope their successful as it is another mistake I think.
The City Council have done sod -all for us in the past, I agree. They put a spoke in our development plans years ago, when Betts and Blunkett, ( two Wed. fans ) refused the plans for BDBL.

Not a bad idea, I mean -
They could perhaps call it "TINHENGE" and run coach trip for folk to stand and watch it crumble,
They could even have a Gift shop for the visitors where they sold bits of rusty corrugated steel set in plastic.
and when it foods there's even the odd regatta or two .
The possibility's for the natives are endless really.......... 🙄

They’re making a mistake that will hold back their club. If it can’t be used for anything other than football this will limit any potential value should they want to sell the site and move elsewhere?

I see they’re also talkng about getting the North Stand listed, again wouldn’t this hamper any future redevelopment plan for Hillsborough?

Stand to be corrected on all that but we’d face the same issues if we went down that route wouldn’t we?
Getting the North Stand listed and forcing the Chancer to sell off the rest of the ground in cheap piecemeal lots would be brilliant. It would really scupper the value of his asset. We should support this.

ACV status really isn't all it's cracked up to be tbh.

All it does is grant "the community" a 6 month stay of execution re any sale but that 6 months is for them to gather together the money to buy "the asset" instead of it being sold by the owner to be turned into whatever the purchaser wants.

In this case the supporters would have to find £60m in 6 months so not sure why they're bothering apart from making it look like they're doing something.

ACV status really isn't all it's cracked up to be tbh.

All it does is grant "the community" a 6 month stay of execution re any sale but that 6 months is for them to gather together the money to buy "the asset" instead of it being sold by the owner to be turned into whatever the purchaser wants.

In this case the supporters would have to find £60m in 6 months so not sure why they're bothering apart from making it look like they're doing something.
True but it would put off a potential investor who had ideas of moving the club to a modern purpose built stadium. It’d be another hurdle amongst many to negotiate and certainly wouldn’t be something to attract investors.

Add to that the North Stand potentially being listed. Now if that happened it really would scupper them But they’re too thick to see it.

It would impact any proposed move away as the land it’s on would be worthless. It’s hardly Highbury is it?

If they wanted to redevelop they’d be extremely limited with what they could do to that stand. It’s already a relic from a bygone age, much like the rest of the dump.

Both proposals get my vote and I‘ll be voting for them both.

rue but it would put off a potential investor who had ideas of moving the club to a modern purpose built stadium. It’d be another hurdle amongst many to negotiate and certainly wouldn’t be something to attract investors.

Not sure it would be that off putting for any investors. It would be an irritation as it would hold any plans back by 6 months but there is absolutely no way those cretins could raise £60m to buy it.

Back
Top Bottom