Incoming? Ashley Phillips

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

They will want the space in their 25 man squad.

Better to have him out the door and pay him some to leave. He would be my main signing in summer.
27 years old, been captain down there. Could sign him 3 year deal and you know your CCB is sorted for 3 solid years.

I would say he’s better than Anel so would be say £15m better off (if someone crazy enough to pay it)
yes i think worrall is on his way here only way it wont happen is if forest get relegated imo i actually think theres a chance we may sign 2 centre backs holgate worrall and souttar would be the 3 to choose from i think

yes i think worrall is on his way here only way it wont happen is if forest get relegated imo i actually think theres a chance we may sign 2 centre backs holgate worrall and souttar would be the 3 to choose from i think

Yes, if you think we'll need 6 CBs, under contract next year we have JLT and Trusty. If we sign Egan, we'll need 3 of which Holgate will probably one one. If we don't keep Egan, we may need 4!

Yes, if you think we'll need 6 CBs, under contract next year we have JLT and Trusty. If we sign Egan, we'll need 3 of which Holgate will probably one one. If we don't keep Egan, we may need 4!
And Anel, but he is tipped to leave.

I can only imagine Souttar would be on loan though, given what Leicester paid out for him and will want some return on.
I'm personally not a huge fan of his, and think he was hugely overated. That said, those three aren't a terrible base to build from if that's your back 3.
At Championship level it would be considered pretty solid and as good as we've had since JoC injury.

I can only imagine Souttar would be on loan though, given what Leicester paid out for him and will want some return on.
I'm personally not a huge fan of his, and think he was hugely overated. That said, those three aren't a terrible base to build from if that's your back 3.
At Championship level it would be considered pretty solid and as good as we've had since JoC injury.

I'm with you, I'm sure Souttar is fine but always thought him overrated compared to his reputation. Anyhow, surely Robinson is a surefire starter next year (and probable captain). So we'd have Holgate - Worrall - JLT as our 3 CBs.

Trusty as backup LCB, potentially Egan as backup middle CB, so we'd need someone as cover for RCB - I can't see us investing heavily here if we've already done so for Worrall + Holgate.

Aye, we'll see what renewals we put through. I have us needing something like:
1x backup GK (potentially first choice as well!)
1 x RWB (Assuming Baldock and Bogle get released)
2 x RCB (one of which being Holgate)
1 x CB
1 x LWB
2 x CM (First choice and backup)
2 x CF (First choice and backup)
I think we need 2 first choice CF’s. In midfield we are surely okay?

I'm with you, I'm sure Souttar is fine but always thought him overrated compared to his reputation. Anyhow, surely Robinson is a surefire starter next year (and probable captain). So we'd have Holgate - Worrall - JLT as our 3 CBs.

Trusty as backup LCB, potentially Egan as backup middle CB, so we'd need someone as cover for RCB - I can't see us investing heavily here if we've already done so for Worrall + Holgate.
I don't think Egan will be here, and if we're really largely refreshing our defence I don't think you sign him for the likely cost you'll be paying out.
I also think realistically we'll be looking to move to a back four, so I think Worrall and Robinson would be most likely out of your options, although I think Robbo would need replacing for a second season wherever we ended up. I'm not sure he's a realistic option in a back 4.

I think we need 2 first choice CF’s. In midfield we are surely okay?

I was assuming McB would be one of the first choice CFs.

Midfield wise - we have Hamer, Blaster, Brooks and Davies (and Peck) if/when Souza goes. So I'd think our first choice will be 'Hamer, Blaster, One Other'. And our backup will be Brooks, Davies, One Other. Peck then fills in when Davies inevitably gets injured.

I don't think Egan will be here, and if we're really largely refreshing our defence I don't think you sign him for the likely cost you'll be paying out.
I also think realistically we'll be looking to move to a back four, so I think Worrall and Robinson would be most likely out of your options, although I think Robbo would need replacing for a second season wherever we ended up. I'm not sure he's a realistic option in a back 4.

Maybe Egan can get himself a decent move somewhere, but given he's been injured for almost a full year no club will go gung-ho on wages. Even if what we're offering isn't the best out there, there's the 'inertia' factor - settled in the area, knows Wilder etc, club captain etc.

I would hope that we recruit with the potential to have a 4 in mind, but I'd be shocked if we don't start the season with a 5 as our main tactic.

I was assuming McB would be one of the first choice CFs.

Midfield wise - we have Hamer, Blaster, Brooks and Davies (and Peck) if/when Souza goes. So I'd think our first choice will be 'Hamer, Blaster, One Other'. And our backup will be Brooks, Davies, One Other. Peck then fills in when Davies inevitably gets injured.
I’m assuming that McBurnie is off - otherwise agreed.

I’m also assuming Souza is here as he’s under contract, but we could choose to sell.

I think Brooks will play a prominent role in midfield. A league lower and a year older I think he’ll be a real asset.

I’m assuming that McBurnie is off - otherwise agreed.

I’m also assuming Souza is here as he’s under contract, but we could choose to sell.

I think Brooks will play a prominent role in midfield. A league lower and a year older I think he’ll be a real asset.

In a 46 game season, it doesn't matter how good your first choice XI are, your rotation and backup players are probably still starting 10-20 games, so we'll need Brooks, Oz, Curtis, Osula, and whoever else we bring in to contribute.

I wonder if our injury record will be any better next year. Traditionally very good under CW, and I'll bet we won't take any chances with our recruits in terms of their fitness history.

In a 46 game season, it doesn't matter how good your first choice XI are, your rotation and backup players are probably still starting 10-20 games, so we'll need Brooks, Oz, Curtis, Osula, and whoever else we bring in to contribute.

I wonder if our injury record will be any better next year. Traditionally very good under CW, and I'll bet we won't take any chances with our recruits in terms of their fitness history.
Osborn, Souza, Brooks, Hamer, Arblaster, Davies - we are looking pretty strong there.

Of course it depends if we’re going to play with 3 or 4 midfielders, and if any of the above leave.

Osborn, Souza, Brooks, Hamer, Arblaster, Davies - we are looking pretty strong there.

Of course it depends if we’re going to play with 3 or 4 midfielders, and if any of the above leave.

Yeah agreed, but I don't think Souza will be here. Davies obviously some question marks, and Oz may be required to play LWB.

Aye, we'll see what renewals we put through. I have us needing something like:
1x backup GK (potentially first choice as well!)
1 x RWB (Assuming Baldock and Bogle get released)
2 x RCB (one of which being Holgate)
1 x CB
1 x LWB
2 x CM (First choice and backup)
2 x CF (First choice and backup)
My thinking is more modest and something like this and not including a few of the loan names we have been linked to these past few days. New signing in capitals, 6 in total:

Note: we can emergency loan a keeper if needed. Save the money instead of having a third keeper getting splinters and have Faxon involved in training.

JOHANNSON
Amissah
——————————————————
Bogle
Curtis
——————————————————
Norrington-Davies
BURROWS
——————————————————
HOLGATE (Loan)
Egan
Robinson
Trusty
MCNAIR / DUNNE
——————————————————
Arblaster
Hamer
Osborn
Davies
Slimane
Peck
Brooks
O’HARE
——————————————————
McBurnie
ARCHER (LOAN with obligation to buy)
Osula
Jebbison
Brewster
Marsh

Sold - Ahmedhodzic (Napoli, 15m), Souza (Lyon, 10m), Grbic (Athletico Mince, 1m), Traore (Mechelen, 3m)

Released - Foderingham (Southampton), Davies (Rotherham), Baldock (Olympiacos), Lowe (Derby), Norwood (Hull City), Basham (retired 😢)

Returned - Brereton-Diaz, Larouci, McAtee

My thinking is more modest and something like this and not including a few of the loan names we have been linked to these past few days. New signing in capitals, 6 in total:

Note: we can emergency loan a keeper if needed. Save the money instead of having a third keeper getting splinters and have Faxon involved in training.

JOHANNSON
Amissah
——————————————————
Bogle
Curtis
——————————————————
Norrington-Davies
BURROWS
——————————————————
HOLGATE (Loan)
Egan
Robinson
Trusty
MCNAIR / DUNNE
——————————————————
Arblaster
Hamer
Osborn
Davies
Slimane
Peck
Brooks
O’HARE
——————————————————
McBurnie
ARCHER (LOAN with obligation to buy)
Osula
Jebbison
Brewster
Marsh

Sold - Ahmedhodzic (Napoli, 15m), Souza (Lyon, 10m), Grbic (Athletico Mince, 1m), Traore (Mechelen, 3m)

Released - Foderingham (Southampton), Davies (Rotherham), Baldock (Olympiacos), Lowe (Derby), Norwood (Hull City), Basham (retired 😢)

Returned - Brereton-Diaz, Larouci, McAtee

Modest?
I suspect you are over valuing some of those sales.
Anel £15m..
£10m Souza?
Traore £3m!?
No chance.
Be lucky if we get £15m for the lot!!

Amisah is OOC And leaving.
O’Hare is unrealistic and will have far better options.
Archer won’t be back, and doubt Holgate will either.

Modest?
I suspect you are over valuing some of those sales.
Anel £15m..
£10m Souza?
Traore £3m!?
No chance.
Be lucky if we get £15m for the lot!!
The same line was often said about Berge.
We were said to have turned down a big bid for Anel in the summer and a bigger one in January.

We were said to have turned down a big bid for Anel in the summer and a bigger one in January.
It's a shame Anel is really our only player we could potentially cash in on as unlike Souza we know he would do a good job in the championship and we have very few options in defence without him. I wouldn't be shocked if he was still here in September

It's OK, it's just another post from someone in our fan base who puts a -50% minimum valuation on all of our players because he can't step back from being a fan of a struggling team and assess players rationally and/or hasn't actually noticed what clubs outside of SUFC pay for players these days. May well still be in a coma from seeing Chelsea paying £40m for Cole Palmer and posting purely through the power of telekenesis

Back
Top Bottom