Match Thread Arsenal v. Sheffield United - 18th Jan 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ARS
ARS
ARS

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin

1579086703381.png v. 1579086712667.png
EPL Week 23 - Saturday 18th January 2020 - Emirates Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/arsenal-vs-sheffield-united.487/

Officials:

Referee:
Mike Dean
Assistant Referee: Ian Hussin
Assistant Referee: Dan Robathan
Fourth Official: Lee Mason
Video Assistant Referee: Martin Atkinson
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Sian Massey-Ellis

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-01-15 at 11.13.42.png

Away Fans Guide:

Attachments

• gun__1474964744_405960_AFC_Visiting_Supporters.pdf
    4.8 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Next two Are that horrible phrase “free hits”

Don’t like that but it is true thanks to the great and important win last week.

Will watch the stream tomorrow completely relaxed.

So we head to the Emirates this afternoon in seek of our first away win against Arsenal in 9 top flight games. A tall order indeed, but made ever so slightly easier with the absence of their Captain and star striker Aubameyang. That's potentially an early boost to morale for us, however the 11 they'll put out this afternoon are no mugs, and man for man are a team of huge quality. Personally I'm not sure Arteta is the man for the job, but that's a personal opinion which I'm not basing on job done so far, too early to say that....

But anyway...

Any team news? :)

Full squad to choose from...

So this feels more suited to a Mousset start?

McBurnie with the headlines again for daft reasons....

A rare change in midfield with Besic starting?

Obviously a hugely difficult game, and one at the start of the season, you generally pencil in as a defeat... However things have changed since then with ourselves enjoying a brilliant return to the PL, while Arsenal are most certainly under performing. A victory would be huge though, and though I'm not fearing a definite defeat, a draw would be an excellent result, and the one I feel is actually most likely. So 1-1 for with Lys getting the goal.....

Safe journey all. Enjoy

UTB

off to arsenal should be good. i think that we have realistic expectations of at least a point because we played great considering at man city the last proper away game. as liverpool was an anomly because of course any of other 17 teams would struggle with the effort required to play Man City & Liverpool in 4 days. arsenal can be average + no aubameyang it can only be a great advantage for us. but as always we have to take our chances & cant be wasteful

overdue this was my last trip. there are days id still fancy Andy gray v David Luiz

Screenshot_20191221-134618.jpg

You wonder whether we’re in for something special to mark Mike Dean’s 500th match. He of course reffed the Arsenal game at the Lane this season, and it does feel like we’re due some sort of Dean injustice – it’s been 11 years now since the derby where Kilgallon was harshly given a straight red, and the playoff final where Walker was hacked down in the box without a penalty given, and Ward & Hendrie were red carded late on.

Dean’s first game at the Lane was the Liverpool semi where Tonge turned the tie around with his second half brace.

That was the most hideous bit of referring I'd ever (and ever will I imagine) seen! Do you remember him taunting us blades during the pre match warm up? How he didn't get into trouble for being so unprofessional is beyond me!... The Walker pen (that never was) should have put an end to his reffing career but nothing was said... And I'm pretty sure (if memory serves me right) Naughton was brought down in the box too with obviously no decision!
Mike Dean just loves the contraversy as far as I can tell. It's all about him when it comes to game day!

My lad has been to the following away games -
Fleetwood 2-2 D
Forest 2-1 L
Derby 2-1 L
Chelsea 2-2 D
Wolves 1-1 D
Liverpool 2-0 L

Not one single win (although he claims wins over Stocksbridge Park Steels and Hallam count), he has a ticket for Arsenal and I think he might break his duck.

Somebody intercept this man's son quick! Ha!

My lad has been to the following away games -
Fleetwood 2-2 D
Forest 2-1 L
Derby 2-1 L
Chelsea 2-2 D
Wolves 1-1 D
Liverpool 2-0 L

Not one single win (although he claims wins over Stocksbridge Park Steels and Hallam count), he has a ticket for Arsenal and I think he might break his duck.
Ffs get the ticket off him, he's a jinx, we want a win ;)

I've had a soft spot for them since 93. The pigs losing out both cups to them (plus the match that had to be replayed) was glorious.

They also spent a long time playing some of the best football you could watch, and signing some of the most exciting foreign players to have played in the Premier League (back before every team was doing it).

That said, that Arsenal TV thing does them no favours.

Do you remember the reception Andy Linighan got when he played at the Lane for (I think) Palace?

The last time we were in the Prem we beat Wigan, Watford, Newcastle and was that it? None of those were much cop.

Serious? We beat Arsenal, Spurs, Fulham and West Ham too. Granted Hammers and Fulham weren’t much cop...

A draw would be a good result from this. They're a bit better since the new manager came in but are missing two of their best players. Certainly nothing to fear.

[QUOTE="LoughboroBlade, post: 2412199, member

Dean’s first game at the Lane was the Liverpool semi where Tonge turned the tie around with his second half brace.
[/QUOTE]

If Tonge hadn’t worn that he’d have had an overbite like Plug out of the Beano!

When United last won at Arsenal, Diana Ross was number one with I'm Still Waiting. Hopefully the wait for Blades fans will end today!

McGoldrick injures. Kieron Freeman On the bench for the first time in the Premier League, enduring we retain the same number of Freemen in the matchday lineup.

A lack of Luke Freeman is worrying. KF and Osborn both get on the bench ahead of him?

Didsy missing. We are going to miss him today. Don't know where the link play is going to come from unless it will be a large focus on sitting back and counter attacks

COYRAWW

A lack of Luke Freeman is worrying. KF and Osborn both get on the bench ahead of him?

Freeman could be off unless hes injured.

We desperately need a replacement for didsy this month imo

Surprised freeman not on the bench, seems to me to be the ideal guy to bring on if mcgoldrick not available.
Could he be on his way? No mention of an injury.

Didsy missing. We are going to miss him today. Don't know where the link play is going to come from unless it will be a large focus on sitting back and counter attacks

COYRAWW

He was also missing against West Ham you could argue. I thought 2nd half in particular McBurnie did the link-up role very well. Hopefully a repeat of that today.

Farewell tour for K. Freeman? Initially I thought they'd put the wrong Freeman on there.

Wonder what's going off with Freezy.

Enda is 100/1 first goal and 40/1 to score anytime on Skybet. Decent value...

Back
Top Bottom