Are we really going to struggle?.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thanks for that. Perhaps I may have been a bit sensitive. That kind of thing really annoys me though!!. I may still put other posts on during the season!!.

That's the spirit!

I put plenty of sarcy replies on here but try not to make them personal (apart from Pinchy). I'm sure I've overstepped the line occasionally and I'm more than happy to be pulled up. People's posting styles often change in the evening after a sherbert or two has been consumed.

Remember, WAANWAW

That's pessimism not realism. There are far more than five teams that we ought to finish above. Bolton, Burton, Millwall, Barnsley, Bristol City, QPR, Birmingham (don't give me any Redknapp crap, he's fucking overrated), Brentford, Forest, Wolves, Ipswich, Preston.

Of course we won't be above all of those, but there's no titans there. No teams that anyone not cap-doffing will be trembling about. We'll also finish above at least a couple I haven't mentioned. That's football. Stop toadying to mediocre opposition. It's embarrassing.
Bristol have just spent 5 mil on a striker, Birmingham and Wolves have got BIG backing and are showing it, Brentford have got one of the best front lines in the division.

Let's not be deluded. If we finish above those 3 we'll have done very well.

I gave you a 'like' for your realistic honesty. This board is about all views and to be honest, I'm closer to you than the double promotion posters but I'm hoping the CW factor will make the difference.

Strangely I don't want some big £5m 'marquee signing' to come along and upset the apple cart. We were all wetting ourselves over the drinking/singing videos of the players celebrating and so we should. I don't want that spirit to be disturbed by rancour about some big time Charlie who comes in on £20k+ per week. Look how we've taken the piss out of Rhodes. Do we really want a mercenary like that?

Others may disagree and that's what footy is all about.

ISC (feeling goodwill to the Blade family after half a dozen pints in the Blake)
Good post , fully agree ....just wish I could be so eloquent after 6 pints or even 1. :)

I think it's ultimately comes down to the individuals personality. Some people just moan.
I agree mate , your either a glass is half full person or half empty one , neither perspective influences anything it's just one of them makes you a little happier in life and appreciate when things go well and no as down when things don't

I would take 4th from bottom now.
Going on our signings so far and the players we are being linked with we are going to stuggle.
We will be in a mini league with Bolton, Millwall, Preston, Burton and possibly Ipswich any 3 from 6.
But at least if the worst does happen and we do get relegated we should have one
hell of a 1st Division side.
I was really looking forward to this season but the signings and players we are linked with added in with McCabe's comments have seriously dampened my enthusiasm and I seem to have mislaid my Bladey glasses.

Of course there are still 5 weeks to the season starts and about another 5 weeks until the transfer window shuts, but as things stand it's not looking good.

I'm currently on holiday in Austria and wore my blades shirt. I met a Preston fan who basically said that we'd be relegated just after xmas!!. He said it's because we've joined the big boys league and haven't splashed the cash!!. I laughed at his opinion as he sounded just like a typical Wendy fan!!!. I told him that we have a bloody good manager who has got the best out of his players!!. Thoughts anyone?. Utb

Tell the cunt to fuck off and enjoy your holiday

Most teams that get promotion will often go into the following season looking only for safety, we won't do that.

Wilder will get his players wanting promotion that's what we'll go for.

For a start we need to cut out the comedy defending we witnessed at times last season, when 3 of our defenders / goalie crash into each other going for the same ball, leaving the forward to chip in!!

If you can't compete financially with most of the teams in your division,you have to find other ways to 'bridge the gap' so that you are able to be competitive.The most important requirement is that you have an astute,clever and combative manager who can get the very best out of the players at his disposal and we have one of the best !!
As a blade for 58 years,i have pessimism as part of my DNA,but i am confident that as the season develops we will establish ourselves and become a good championship team.I know that there will be some bad results,but we will also cause some surprises ourselves,i don't think we will draw many games either,it will be an exciting season,hold on tight and enjoy the ride.

Total agree with " doc " , we won't go down , just find our feet and next year , if we can keep Chris ... ummmmm

Wilder isn't going anywhere. This is his passion, like the rest of us. And a team that plays with the spirit he inspires is much better than the sum of the individual parts ( players). He proved this without doubt last season, forgotten already?? So don't pray for any big bollocks signings, we won't get them, we don't want them. We are on a roll, enjoy it while it lasts, stop moaning, worrying, complaining. Think of the Leicester experiment, we're on the same track. We all know it will end in tears one day in the future, but while it is good, lap it up. The away days last year were as good as it has ever been. Let's take on the Championship for all its got, show'em who has the best fans, the best spirit, the best club and see where we get, higher than most will predict in my opinion UTB

Not one to advocate getting overconfident or owt, but I think some will be looking at how we ripped League 1 apart and secretly worrying about coming up against us this season.

I think the key is Wilder

It is pretty obvious that the boardroom are going to be as stingy as they always have been

If we establish ourselves as a Championship club over the next couple of seasons they will continue to be as stingy as they always have been

Wilder is everything.
Keep him and the good will become very good, the average will become good and the bad will be ousted

I know he's got a new contract but I'd have preferred to pay him a huge amount than risk paying players huge amounts

We have to keep him

I'm currently on holiday in Austria and wore my blades shirt. I met a Preston fan who basically said that we'd be relegated just after xmas!!. He said it's because we've joined the big boys league and haven't splashed the cash!!. I laughed at his opinion as he sounded just like a typical Wendy fan!!!. I told him that we have a bloody good manager who has got the best out of his players!!. Thoughts anyone?. Utb

If we don't get pace and wingers into our side, we will struggle and change it up in January and then shoot up into mid table if you ask me.

The quality gap between league one and championship is huge... it's like a second premier league!

The earlier everyone realises this the better! We don't have the good enough quality yet to compete! Unfortunately

Burton, Brentford, Millwall, will finish bottom.

Bees fan in peace.
What do you base this on? 4th season in championship for us, we've finished 5th, 9th and 10th in last 3 seasons.
I would honestly and genuinely say that if we aren't there or thereabouts the top six this season there will be a lot of disappointed Bees fans about.
We will lose Jota before season starts but have done some decent business this summer with hopefully a new striker coming in.
Good luck this season, hard to know how you'll do but it's definitely a step up in quality from league 1.

If we don't get pace and wingers into our side, we will struggle and change it up in January and then shoot up into mid table if you ask me.

The quality gap between league one and championship is huge... it's like a second premier league!

The earlier everyone realises this the better! We don't have the good enough quality yet to compete! Unfortunately
Is Owlstalk down at the moment?

Well the two clubs also promoted were miles behind us and we only need to better one other club.
After initial few games we'll settle down and be ok

Truth is no one really knows how next season is going to go. We could do great and over achieve like the likes of Huddersfield and Barnsley. Or we could well end up doing a Wigan. It could go either way

Bees fan in peace.
What do you base this on? 4th season in championship for us, we've finished 5th, 9th and 10th in last 3 seasons.
I would honestly and genuinely say that if we aren't there or thereabouts the top six this season there will be a lot of disappointed Bees fans about.
We will lose Jota before season starts but have done some decent business this summer with hopefully a new striker coming in.
Good luck this season, hard to know how you'll do but it's definitely a step up in quality from league 1.

Is it a step up in quality though....really?

Quality is probably the wrong word....there are better players and stronger squads but the quality of football I saw in the Championship last year doesn't fill me with fear at all....step up in standard yes, but quality no. If our players are capable of raising the standard they played at last year then we will be fine...if not, we will struggle.

Bees fan in peace.

Watcha!

As you'll understand, we're all individuals, so not responsible for the views of other Blades fans. The one thing we're in agreement on here is that the fixture list looks far more attractive, so can't wait for the season to begin. Things have changed radically here since Chris Wilder became manager, so we're feeling relatively optimistic. Even if we finish in the upper-bottom half I doubt there'd be too many Blade's fans who'd complain. New horizons etc, so let's see how things pan out and how we respond. Good to know you're optimistic, several decent looking teams in the Championship this term, so no idea who'll do well.

Best of luck - apart from when we play each other of course! - and I hope you lot do well.

Yeah, calling Brentford as a potential club for the drop is an odd one.

It's interesting that the majority on a current Owlstalk thread seem to think we'll be fine too, a few even suggesting mid-table. I'd concur with that; I think we have some players who could take the step up in their stride.

I reckon Millwall, Bolton, Preston, Ipswich and a couple of surprises will be below us next season.

Bees fan in peace.
Mr pirate, have a fondness for your club, goes back around twenty years, I was a director of a company based in Twickenham, the md was a big bees fan called peter frost, was on your books as a young lad with a certain rod Stewart, not sure what happened to him, I once presented the matchball at an evening kick off against bristol rovers, fuckin famous or what?

But they dent splash the cash at all and just had a half decent season.

I smell bullshit. Probably a Pig in PNE's clothing.

Is Owlstalk down at the moment?

I'd rather be honest with myself, yes last season was great and the best I've been too and seen in a long time. But we are doing the typical united fans regime, high hopes and big disappointment!

Everyone is so blinded by the teams in his league, look at wolves signing of neves... Porto captain, youngest champions league captain in history and Portuguese international... how can we compete with that! And the point is currently we can't!

I have full trust in wilder and the team but we are taking to many hopes from last season into this one, all good keeping high morale up but, were better off facing the facts rather than thinking we will not struggle because we will!

Bees fan in peace.
I think you'll do very well again this season mate. A good club with decent fans and team spirit, the polar opposite of the shower of shiite across our city.

But I think that you might get off to a shaky start (hopefully) ;)

I'd rather be honest with myself, yes last season was great and the best I've been too and seen in a long time. But we are doing the typical united fans regime, high hopes and big disappointment!

Everyone is so blinded by the teams in his league, look at wolves signing of neves... Porto captain, youngest champions league captain in history and Portuguese international... how can we compete with that! And the point is currently we can't!

I have full trust in wilder and the team but we are taking to many hopes from last season into this one, all good keeping high morale up but, were better off facing the facts rather than thinking we will not struggle because we will!
Josh, do me a favour, just state how much you hate the piggy bastards from s6 and hope they go down this season and within tge next three years they go out of business, flower it up as much as you want, go on...

Josh, do me a favour, just state how much you hate the piggy bastards from s6 and hope they go down this season and within tge next three years they go out of business, flower it up as much as you want, go on...

Of course I hate them with a passion.

But no one sees the players and spending in this league, from my perspective I get the opinion many united fans think we will walk it on last season, and I honestly can't see that.

I've said we will get mid table this year, possibly top of mid table but no more!

We need to spend money and we won't, and players like stearman will add to the team but are average at most for this league!

It'll be a bumpy season and I do hope we finish above Wednesday and do the double over them, but the key is to establish ourselves and build from there.

Back
Top Bottom