Are we really going to struggle?.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We will be competitive in every game this year because of who our manager is and the style of play we have.

Teams will hate playing us because they will know we will be up for it and we won't be afraid to attack them.

I think we will be like Burton were last year, a bloody difficult team to face, with the only exception being that we actually have a positive manager who plays to win rather than not lose and will therefore pick up more wins along the way.

I'm currently on holiday on the moon. No Preston fans here...yet.
index.php
Looks like Hillsboro to me fibber.

I find it strange that a Preston fan should think we should struggle as they are very similar in regards to their team being stronger tan the sum of its parts. I would be worried if wilder left as I think they should be when Grayson does, probably tomorrow.

I Love this. I hope they all think this, I hope they all underestimate us. I think they'll all get egg on their face. UTB

Preston could struggle without Grayson but in David Moyes and Uwe Rosler they have two obvious possible replacements who'd be a very good fit. Moyes has been there before and Rosler's only down the road at Fleetwood.

I'm currently on holiday in Austria and wore my blades shirt. I met a Preston fan who basically said that we'd be relegated just after xmas!!. He said it's because we've joined the big boys league and haven't splashed the cash!!. I laughed at his opinion as he sounded just like a typical Wendy fan!!!. I told him that we have a bloody good manager who has got the best out of his players!!. Thoughts anyone?. Utb

Haven't splashed the cash ? It's June 29th !

I'm currently on holiday on the moon. No Preston fans here...yet.
index.php

THE holiday-boast-post of the CENTURY. Well done indeed, HFB. How's the weather ?

I'm underwhelmed by signings so far but still capable of finishing 5th or 6th from bottom
Agree. I said we'd be in a relegation fight, I didn't say we'd lose it. ;)

I still think we'll make a couple more signings though.

We will be competitive in every game this year because of who our manager is and the style of play we have.

Teams will hate playing us because they will know we will be up for it and we won't be afraid to attack them.

I think we will be like Burton were last year, a bloody difficult team to face, with the only exception being that we actually have a positive manager who plays to win rather than not lose and will therefore pick up more wins along the way.
This is how I see it. If we try to play for draws or nick a 1-0 we'll be shafted. If we play in a similar style to last season we'll win plenty and sometimes get turned over.

Geyore! Like Burton? Never in a million years. Far better than that.

This is how I see it. If we try to play for draws or nick a 1-0 we'll be shafted. If we play in a similar style to last season we'll win plenty and sometimes get turned over.
It'll be the latter then. I doubt we'll get turned over very often though. Three or four clubs capable of doing that at most.

I think this squad (as it is now) should finish somewhere between 20th and 15th whether people consider that to be a struggle or not I dont know, anything 21st or above should be considered progress imho.

Although I was told assuredly on here last night we can't expect to compete with the likes of Ipswich or Bristol City next season so who knows.

Can't make my mind up if people (fans of other teams) really believe this or are just saying it to get a rise.

I was chatting to a couple of ST holders at the sty outside the sheffield tap last weekend. For all they made the wrong choice of teams, they seemed to be (relatively( reasonable and intelligent, and these are a couple of choice snippets from my conversation with them (all quotes are direct, and from a porcine point of view):

"You looked a great side in L1, and I think you'll do ok next season. Not top-6 material at the moment, but if you strengthen, who knows."

"I hate myself for saying this, but Wilder looks a class act as a manager. You lot need to give him a new deal, he could take you a long way."

"Sharp will score plenty if you keep making chances for him."

(my personal favourite) "Fleck is a top, top player. Hold onto him and he'll be among the top 4 or 5 midfielders in the division next year."

"We need to clear out some dead wood and stop buying players on name and salary. Carry on like this and Chansiri will get bored and fuck off" (direct quote)

"They (the derbies) will be close matches. Wilder will motivate your lot for them far more than Carlos will for us. Right now I'd take 2 points off you and hope we finish above you in the league."

I appreciate this means very little in the grand scheme of things, but it was nice to chat to a couple of them over a beer, and discover that they're not all subscribers to the massive myth, and some of them are very worried about us.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I have to say this guy sounds like a clueless tit. Like many have already said, I can easily think of a dozen teams who've gone up in recent years with much worse squads than us and have gone to stay up comfortably, PNE being one of them. I also believe we have a much better and hungrier manager than most of our rivals. Some people like the sound of their own voice, we're not out of June yet and the clown is suggesting we haven't spent enough money.....comical, could make the same observation about 90% of the football league. Let's see where we are at the end of the season but I would be amazed if we're looking over our shoulder.

I think this squad (as it is now) should finish somewhere between 20th and 15th whether people consider that to be a struggle or not I dont know, anything 21st or above should be considered progress imho.

Although I was told assuredly on here last night we can't expect to compete with the likes of Ipswich or Bristol City next season so who knows.

Oh dear!

A mate of mine is an Ipswich fan. They bumble along from season to season relying on loan players. If it wasn't for them having a good manager in McCarthy they'd have gone down before now. I think we can do better than that. Bristol City have money though. But I think we will do better than them too.

Fucking Preston, you could fit them in the bottom tier of the away end and i mean the whole bastard trampy backward town.

Jokers. It'll be funny how fast the goalposts will move if we're above them and the likes of the pigs who say we'll struggle after a few games.

At least we wont finish bottom.

Preston already have that sewn up now.

Preston could struggle without Grayson but in David Moyes and Uwe Rosler they have two obvious possible replacements who'd be a very good fit. Moyes has been there before

Yeah, 15 years ago. Four clubs later he's achieved fuck all apart from an FA Community Shield :rolleyes: with Man. U. in 2013.

At least we wont finish bottom.

Preston already have that sewn up now.

Why? Have they been stupid enough to give the job to Moyes?

I'm currently on holiday in Austria and wore my blades shirt. I met a Preston fan who basically said that we'd be relegated just after xmas!!. He said it's because we've joined the big boys league and haven't splashed the cash!!. I laughed at his opinion as he sounded just like a typical Wendy fan!!!. I told him that we have a bloody good manager who has got the best out of his players!!. Thoughts anyone?. Utb

Thoughts?

You should have said "cool story, ever thought of turning it into a movie?" and then shown him this...

Oh not that old chesnut again that the pigs keep spouting .. your in the big boys league now .zzzz zzzz zzzz . you'd think we'd never been in the championship.. it's not fkg champions league campaign !?!?! .. As said on here they were nothing special when they went up , basically a big physical team , well organised ala Bolton that only gets you so far as we know from the past .. I think there's no comparison to our side and there's , now Grayson ( who I like ) has kissed them goodbye I think it's them that should be stocking up on the Imodium extra family packs as they could be getting re-acquainted with a Lancashire derbies after next May .. Blackpool & Bury ....am I blind optimist no .. I think we'll surprise a few of 'big' boys that we come up against and mid table consolidation would be a good target ? .. But who knows .. it's surprising what a few good results strung together does for confidence and where that momentum can take you ask Norwich , Southampton and who was that other team who did back to back promotions around 1990 ... me and my bloody memory ?

I have to say that I continue to be perplexed by the frequent discussions about a potential struggle next season.

Much like the Premier League has been puffed up by its own self-importance only to be continually shown up as actually being mediocre as soon as the 'cream' of our top division have to play any European team, even those from the supposed minnow countries, so it seems that those in and around the Championship are desperate to convince everyone that it is "the hardest most unfogiving division in England", " the second best league in Europe" or some other such rot.

I've seen enough of the Championship to know that it is utter dross. A third of the division are complete basket-case clubs who have spent unwisely in the past and continue to do so in a desperate attempt to reverse past errors, but who without good management are destined to follow Blackburn. And another third of clubs are basket-cases in waiting, as they over-reach themselves with ill-planned and ridiculous transfers in a desperate bid to get to the supposed utopia of 'television-land' football. I mean look at Bristol City: how has splashing over £5m on a striker nobody has heard of changed anything for a team that spent 4 months shipping goals and losing every other match, other than put a noose around the manager's neck?

We proved last season that we were far more than a League 1 team - 14 clear of Bolton and 27 clear of Millwall - and the Championship is not what it's cracked up to be anyway.

I can't help recalling the words attributed by Norman Mailer to Muhammad Ali, in the dressing room before the Foreman fight: "What's going on here? Why has this chump got everbody so scared? What's the matter with you? Nothing to be scared about. There is no need to be scared of anything you can control with your skill."

Back
Top Bottom