Archer's debut

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Camden Blade

Reaction score
Archer is the player who we thought we'd be getting with the Brewster signing. A real poacher and goalscoring instinct which is priceless in this league. What a signing. Hamer too. And excited by Souza with McAtee to come who's strengths we know. Onwards and upwards.

didn’t have much chance to impress against Lincoln but was impressed with his movement. You cOuld see him always looking alive and playing on the shoulder of the last man - rapid too.

His shooting seems top drawer . Instant and accurate.

Early days but on this showing a big player for us.

We need a midfield of Hamer, Souza and McAtee. Norwood is too inconsistent and does nothing off the ball. Everton ran right through us in the second half and Norwood did nothing to try to stop them and help his team mates. Will he be dropped next match? No, because Hecky loves his favourites. Fleck would have started today of he wasn't injured.

Archer, Hamer, McBurnie and Souza were all great in the first half.

McB and Archer look very solid at a front two. Hopefully Brewster can actually return at some point (starting to give up hope!). Think Osula probably needs to be playing each week at a lower level on loan.

Archer good.

Hamer not so good for me. Didn’t do badly but was pedestrian with the ball at times. Out Mf need to be quicker in their passing and possession and likewise with their movement off the ball. It’ll come I’m sure.

(An honest reflection )
I thought Hamer was very quick in the first half switching the ball to the front two and interlinked well with Baldock. Faded a bit second half but his deliveries from set pieces were spot on too.

This lad is gonna be the difference this season, I reckon him and McB are gonna be a force to be reckoned with.

Ive never had a name on the back of my shirts! This season that all changes 🏹

He’s not had massive amounts of game time.
And did a shit ton of running and muscling with defenders.

It's a guarantee if Hecky hadn't taken him of all the criticism would've been "Why buy Traore if you're not going to use him? Why leave Archer on when he's tired instead of using your bench?".

Wasn't in the game and I agreed with it at the time, but Traore's cameo this afternoon worried me, he looked miles off the physical requirements today.

I think it wasn’t the game for traore or Norwood to be fair.

Everton full of physical and powerful players with pace to burn mostly. Not norwoods game and they did break far too easily through midfield at times.

Traore obviously got outmuscled and looks a little off the pace in terms of technique/control too. Osula would have been my choice I think

The positives are that the ‘big money’ signings of Souza, hamer and archer all look like they have fitted in well and offer us something. Was always going to be a stretch with the cheaper gambles to contribute.

We need a midfield of Hamer, Souza and McAtee. Norwood is too inconsistent and does nothing off the ball. Everton ran right through us in the second half and Norwood did nothing to try to stop them and help his team mates. Will he be dropped next match? No, because Hecky loves his favourites. Fleck would have started today of he wasn't injured.

Archer, Hamer, McBurnie and Souza were all great in the first half.
Hamer was poor all game, particularly in the first half. If there's anyone with favourites (or scapegoats), it's fans on this forum.

If Archer was struggling and getting tired then I can understand taking him off. Was Traore the right player? For me we were awful in the second half as we were getting outrun and outfought in midfield. Traore's natural position is a winger. Hecky could've brought Traore on for Archer and changed to a 5-4-1 with Hamer and Traore outwide, and Souza and Norwood central. Though that would leave McBurnie on his own he was getting no service in the second half anyway. It would have made more sense and addressed the midfield issue. But Hecky will never change his formation. He loves his 5-3-2 and he'd rather make like for like baffling sub or subs too late then makes tactical changes to address the problem. Look at Man City "I wanted to make subs but I couldn't at 0-0" Even though it was obvious that City were upping the pressure and would score, Hecky refused to make changes. As far as he was concerned plan A was working as it was still 0-0 and we didn't need a plan B until they scored. His faith in his system and tactics, poor substitutions and inability to make tactical changes to address changes the opposition will be our undoing. Dyche out thought him today. All we'll get is another jovial post match interview blaming bad luck, telling us how we were amazing today from start to finish and the gameplan went perfect.

Archer coming off for Traore. Right sub? Maybe. Right formation? No.

That said, Archer looks like that clinical finisher that we've not had for years. Not a bad league debut at all and McBurnie thrived from having him up front with him. What a signing.

They often say competition is good for other players, maybe seeing Archer in this form will give Brewster a turbo boost and we'll see the player we know he is once back from injury 💪
that would be the one who has already made more of an impact than Brewstert has after just two appearances

Hamer was poor all game, particularly in the first half. If there's anyone with favourites (or scapegoats), it's fans on this forum.
I think it was a mixed bag from Hamer. Got caught in possession too much first half but at the same time his cross for the first and good vision for the second

I think it was a mixed bag from Hamer. Got caught in possession too much first half but at the same time his cross for the first and good vision for the second
Thought he was decent defensively, and a good cross for the goal. Had several good opportunities to play through balls which he got wrong. Got caught taking too long on the ball several times. He's a quality player, I think he'll improve.

Archer good.

Hamer not so good for me. Didn’t do badly but was pedestrian with the ball at times. Out Mf need to be quicker in their passing and possession and likewise with their movement off the ball. It’ll come I’m sure.

(An honest reflection )
100 agree with this midfield did not work at all today. Looked like they’d never seen each other. Today showed what Doyle would have added that Norwood sadly can’t

Back
Top Bottom