Arblaster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What do we do with 20 million when we are supposedly building a team around youth
Nothing less than starting at 40 just to show our intent to follow through with the youth policy
First saw him three years ago the kid has all the attributes to develop into an international player
Let’s utilise him to build our team for the next two three years
On another note he outshone Palmer today
Unfortunately we have to be realistic and bidding won’t start at 40 but I’m sure you know that. Hopefully it doesn’t start less than 20, let a bidding war commence and see how high it goes, hopefully up towards the 40 mark.

Even the Overseas commentary Team on NBC were saying Arblaster was making an expensive midfield look mediocre.

Also was anyone on the channel where they showed NBC FanFest in the US at Nashville. It was shown at half time and it was like spot the SUFC Fan I couldnt see one. Loads of Chelsea fans.

We need to attack attack attack next season.

Souza in front of the defense with Blaster and Hamer in front of him. No idea who fills the other positions though!

I love watching a player with great balance who seems to have time on the ball. Instant control with speed of thought. Reminds me a bit of my favourite ever Blades midfielder Don Hutchison. Always wanting the ball, knows what’s he’s going to do with it before he receives it and plays the right pass at the right time. Great prospect.

Statistically this is remarkable for one of our CMs this season

View attachment 181736

2 more passes completed than Gallagher, and only 10 less than the joke priced Caicedo

I know they're different types of players but it's embarrassing how much better than Souza he is. He just showed him how to play football as a central midfielder in the PL

There are huge similarities with Tommy Doyle and on that showing it's going to be like having Doyle back next season, but hopefully for 40 games
I was thinking the exact same about tommy doyle comparisson. Its his progressive passing and awareness with the ball. He needs further development, but he definitely has some of his qualities

Unfortunately we have to be realistic and bidding won’t start at 40 but I’m sure you know that. Hopefully it doesn’t start less than 20, let a bidding war commence and see how high it goes, hopefully up towards the 40 mark.

No, let’s just bloody hang on to him, there’s not many better young players around

My MOTM by a country mile today, I could be wrong (cos my memo is shite) but I
can’t think of a better midfielder that we have produced through the academy in a long long time, maybe Brooks but even he was more of a Man City youth than ours. Brilliant today Blaster I just hope he is with us long enough to really enjoy watching him develop into an absolute Star. UTB

We need to attack attack attack next season.

Souza in front of the defense with Blaster and Hamer in front of him. No idea who fills the other positions though!

I like part of your plan Ned. Falls apart with Souza for me

Don’t particularly like his style at all. Yes he covers some ground, but I always feel he does it in his own time. He comes across to me like there’s a lack of effort, a bit half arsed. I get the impression he thinks he’s too good for the team, when many of us who watch don’t actually think he’s good enough.

Just my opinion of course, but I won’t lose much sleep if he wants out and we grant him his wish. Certainly being dropped today won’t have gone down well to someone who thinks this poor side is stopping him get in the Brazil team

I like part of your plan Ned. Falls apart with Souza for me

Don’t particularly like his style at all. Yes he covers some ground, but I always feel he does it in his own time. He comes across to me like there’s a lack of effort, a bit half arsed. I get the impression he thinks he’s too good for the team, when many of us who watch don’t actually think he’s good enough.

Just my opinion of course, but I won’t lose much sleep if he wants out and we grant him his wish. Certainly being dropped today won’t have gone down well to someone who thinks this poor side is stopping him get in the Brazil team
Agreed, but for years we've needed an enforcer-type to break up play and win the ball. His tackling stats can't be argued, but while he's not necessarily an enforcer, he'll have a lot more time to do what he does in the championship, and he won't be playing against the elite week in week out.

All he has to do is win the ball off lesser players and give it to Arblaster or Hamer and theyll do the rest.

Agreed, but for years we've needed an enforcer-type to break up play and win the ball. His tackling stats can't be argued, but while he's not necessarily an enforcer, he'll have a lot more time to do what he does in the championship, and he won't be playing against the elite week in week out.

All he has to do is win the ball off lesser players and give it to Arblaster or Hamer and theyll do the rest.
Mmm, perhaps you’re right Ned but I have my doubts.
Just an observation, but sometimes I think you have less time in the championship. It tends to be more frantic. Good players in the PL seem to be able to find time on the ball

Would've said my first impressions of Arblaster were that he looked like a youth player thrown in when the season's long gone - a few neat touches here and there but that's about it. My MOTM today. Good touch, good passing, and did something we've really struggled for in midfield by repeatedly getting the ball with his back to goal and turning.

He is growing game by game. He actually needs a full season under his belt at Championship level - so fingers crossed we can resist any offers this summer. Then - if he has as good a season as I think he will, we are looking at a £40 million player based on crazy inflated UK transfer fees. He looks a class act already - his first touch and awareness around himself is excellent - sign of a good midfield player.

On the strength of what we have, I'd definitely be looking at a 433 because I think a midfield of Arblaster Souza Hamer has the potential to dominate the Championship next season.

It's a more athletic / slightly less technical version of the 2018-2019 holy trinity of Norwood (Souza), Fleck (Arblaster) and Duffy (Hamer).

Don't want to add to the pressure on the lad, but tonight he looked imperious at times against a midfield stacked with internationals and multimillion pound players. We need to look after him very carefully. He's got the world at his feet. Give him a new deal that befits a first-choice championship player, and make him the main man in midfield next season. I think he won't be with us for too long, but he could be the lynchpin in a bounce-back attempt next season.

He looks calm and composed on the ball, and can pick a pass out of nowhere. He is already a very good player. It would be tragic if he went off and became a bench-warmer at a mid-table PL side. He needs to play and keep getting better.

I must admit that having even heard all the hype about him prior to this season and during his period at Port Vale, I didn’t think he would come into the team and make such a difference so quickly.
He is calm, assured and quality on the ball. Yes, he makes mistakes but he’s adjusting to the pace and quality of the Premier League and I’ve been really impressed with him so far.
The danger is, as always that a couple of average games, or mistakes that costs a goal and the knee jerk reactors on here will trash him. Conversely, that we build him up to be the messiah after only a few games.
I think he’s going to be a big player for us for a few seasons and hope we manage to keep hold of him for at least that long.

I really enjoyed his performance today, he seemed to really compliment Hamer (who gets my vote as MOTM)

Next season I’m fairly sure he should be a top end Championship standard player, but in also mindful that young players are also susceptible to injuries and long term losses of form that ultimately don’t see them make good on what they initially show

Back
Top Bottom