Outgoing? Arblaster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BBD fits at the Lane, our system suits him and he suits our system, (as shit as it may be!).

Not sure he replicates that in a more possession based Prem team.

Same clubs that are apparently after O'Hare, so tell them to fuck off and buy him instead

Slap a 40 mill price tag on him and tell west ham and villa to stump up or fuck off

After villa rinsed us on Cameron Archer they can do one the pricks

I think we rinsed ourselves.
Relegation was very foreseeable, yet we signed an agreement that would see us pay them £4m for a year of his services. Absolutely poor business.

Relegation was very foreseeable, yet we signed an agreement that would see us pay them £4m for a year of his services. Absolutely poor business.

At least with Archer, unlike most of the other "just acquire the best in the Championship" targets that a lot of RM posters are infatuated with, he is at least young and you could at least make a realistic case that he would continue to improve over 23/24. Naturally the outcome was he had one good game for us. And some people want us to try and get him back again next season!

It wasn't as much as £4m
You have no idea

We only know by what media will report. It's reportedly 4 million. When you think wages and loan fee it's probably not far off and maybe we didn't pay a wage all season and instead it was built into the fee.

You have no idea

We only know by what media will report. It's reportedly 4 million. When you think wages and loan fee it's probably not far off and maybe we didn't pay a wage all season and instead it was built into the fee.
It wasn't a loan fee as the media suggested

It wasn't a loan fee as the media suggested
Sorry didn't mean loan fee in traditional sense but as part of the agreement of the obvious happened and we went down. It was so obvious to me we were going down I have always thought of it as a loan! 🤦

Beggars can't be choosers. We were absolutely desperate and they had us over a barrell, the terms only ever favoured villa

Beggars can't be choosers. We were absolutely desperate and they had us over a barrell, the terms only ever favoured villa

Given we'd essentially accepted relegation in August, we should have sacked the Archer deal off entirely if those were the terms (£4m for the year).

The Archer signing would've been great if he was here to help us get promoted next season.
Same with BBD.

As it is, all feels like money down the drain. Whilst Luton spent their money with relegation firmly in mind.

Given we'd essentially accepted relegation in August, we should have sacked the Archer deal off entirely if those were the terms (£4m for the year).

The Archer signing would've been great if he was here to help us get promoted next season.
Same with BBD.

As it is, all feels like money down the drain. Whilst Luton spent their money with relegation firmly in mind.
Luton also had a strategy which involved clearly identified targets. They also had a higher net spend than us and their record signing is currently on loan at Hull so even they've not got them all correct. It's pretty clear though that we panicked and bought whoever was available after selling two players who we clearly didn't believe would actually go.

Next season will be interesting for Luton. Will Barkley re-sign for a year in the Championship (doubt it). Will Morris agitate for a move (I suspect so, even if not overtly)? Will their targets see their season in the top flight as a flash in the pan or signs of a long term upward trend? Will Rob Edwards stay (suspect so - and I think he may regret it)?

We didn't commit to staying up this season, we need to commit to going back up the next.
Keep Blaster AND Gus. Spend the Anel and Souza money, and get a bumper striker on loan with the wages we've saved letting Bash, McBurnie, Norwood and Baldock go.

We didn't commit to staying up this season, we need to commit to going back up the next.
Keep Blaster AND Gus. Spend the Anel and Souza money, and get a bumper striker on loan with the wages we've saved letting Bash, McBurnie, Norwood and Baldock go.
I don't see much Souza or Anel money coming in.We will make a profit on Anel no matter where he goes but Souza? Don't think so.

I don't see much Souza or Anel money coming in.We will make a profit on Anel no matter where he goes but Souza? Don't think so.
Well anything is technically 'coming in' but yeah we've probably made a loss on him. Even £4m though buys us at least a keeper.
It's the Archer money I think is going to get lost in the abyss.

GK
2 x FB
2 x CB
2 x MF
2 x Strikers

Above:
2 x loans
3 x freebies (no fee)☹
4 x permanent (fee)

Easy init? 😳 ☹️
You're exactly right what you write, but our scouts seem to be recruited from the blind school football academy !!!
There's something like 400 footballers ooc in June yet we will still manage to recruit the dross

Luton also had a strategy which involved clearly identified targets. They also had a higher net spend than us and their record signing is currently on loan at Hull so even they've not got them all correct. It's pretty clear though that we panicked and bought whoever was available after selling two players who we clearly didn't believe would actually go.

Next season will be interesting for Luton. Will Barkley re-sign for a year in the Championship (doubt it). Will Morris agitate for a move (I suspect so, even if not overtly)? Will their targets see their season in the top flight as a flash in the pan or signs of a long term upward trend? Will Rob Edwards stay (suspect so - and I think he may regret it)?
Was Giles their record signing? Didn't realise that! I wondered if we might go in for him if they want rid as Wilder signed him (on loan) for Boro didn't he and made him a LWB?

Which is why I said we can only go off what the media report and reportedly...

The report in the media said Villa could re sign Archer at a £4m discount
The buy back agreement in the transfer of Archer I would imagine is set in stone that leads me think the article is bollocks
There would be no could about it. It would be a definite fee already agreed

Was Giles their record signing? Didn't realise that! I wondered if we might go in for him if they want rid as Wilder signed him (on loan) for Boro didn't he and made him a LWB?
wouldnt suprise me if wilder was in for giles the uncertainty with rnd and his fitness will mean were looking at left wing backs this summer

The report in the media said Villa could re sign Archer at a £4m discount
The buy back agreement in the transfer of Archer I would imagine is set in stone that leads me think the article is bollocks
There would be no could about it. It would be a definite fee already agreed
And now a itkner is saying we paid 4.5 million and the rest of the installments are essentially canceled and he goes back 1st of July

But any money we receive for Anel and Souza is surely a bonus? It's money we currently don't have.

Let's say 10m we get, that's alot to add for a competitive championship budget.

But any money we receive for Anel and Souza is surely a bonus? It's money we currently don't have.

Let's say 10m we get, that's alot to add for a competitive championship budget.
You need to find the £20-30m to cover losses too. Selling those two doesn’t mean we have £10m straight onto the budget. The key question is if Archer’s deal was as per the accountant then does that give you £13m or £18m against that £30m challenge?

You need to find the £20-30m to cover losses too. Selling those two doesn’t mean we have £10m straight onto the budget. The key question is if Archer’s deal was as per the accountant then does that give you £13m or £18m against that £30m challenge?
Yeah true Bob, I just thought i remember Bettis saying any players sold would be towards the budget (after 1 had been sold)

The Archer deal is the key I suppose.

Yeah true Bob, I just thought i remember Bettis saying any players sold would be towards the budget (after 1 had been sold)

The Archer deal is the key I suppose.
Well he isn’t lying, every sale goes towards the budget naturally, but is the budget increased or supplemented by the sale because there’s currently an expectation?
Also given Archer was a known and expected sale, is he already included so at least one more is required.
They sure as shit aren’t going to put that info out to the public at the moment.

My understanding was that ideally (in addition) to the Archer sale, there would be another sale (Souza or Anel probably) needed. After that, funds from any sales should be made available to Wilder. I also seem to recall that it was mentioned by Bettis that even if we didn't sell anyone (after Archer) we wouldn't be in the shit like we have been in the past few seasons financially and we as a club could manage without another sale, but preferably, there would be another decent sale on top of Archer to make things to ease any pressure. That's how I have interpreted the comments from Bettis previously anyway.

I'm hoping Souza and Anel are both sold for decent fees along with the release of a decent sum for wages from released players and that gives us some real scope for changing things around. It sounds like CW is on with it.

Back
Top Bottom