Another one out?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blade58

Once a Blade, always a daft ****
Reaction score
Not definate, but there may well be someone else shown the door later this week/next week

Don't know who, but the poster is Mr ultra reliable.

Possibles:

Quinn? (not signed a new contract yet)
Kyel Reid?
Hendo?
Taylor?

Can't think of anyone else. Is there actually anyone else left in the squad??? :p

Not definate, but there may well be someone else shown the door later this week/next week

Don't know who, but the poster is Mr ultra reliable.

Possibles:

Quinn? (not signed a new contract yet)
Kyel Reid?
Hendo?
Taylor?

Can't think of anyone else. Is there actually anyone else left in the squad??? :p

I'd be happy for any of those peices of drfit wood to be shipped out. Maybe Quinn would be decent midfield back up, but I think it might be best for him and us if he left. Henderson has been a flop, Reiid can't settle up North and whereas I don't rate Taylor, in our current position (i.e. no defenders) then (as much as it pains me to say it) I'd keep him.

I'd be happy enough to see Henderson go. I do like him and you can't argue with his goals or hold up play IMO, BUT:
- he's apparently a very divisive player among the players
- he's divisive in the stands
- he's got awful disciplinary and injury tendencies
- he does seemingly affect the way we play
If we can get a good fee for him and he can pass a medical, then I'd certainly let him go.

I'd be happy for any of those peices of drfit wood to be shipped out. Maybe Quinn would be decent midfield back up, but I think it might be best for him and us if he left. Henderson has been a flop, Reiid can't settle up North and whereas I don't rate Taylor, in our current position (i.e. no defenders) then (as much as it pains me to say it) I'd keep him.

Yeah 12 goals out of 28 is a complete flop isnt it? He might make us 1 dimentional but Id hardly call him a flop and we'll get decent money for him

I wouldn't be too displeased with a Henderson departure, he'll be on decent wages, and it will force us to play the sort of football we need to be playing to get out of this division and appease that fans. My only concern is his fitness and whether he would pass a medical at another club!

Yeah 12 goals out of 28 is a complete flop isnt it? He might make us 1 dimentional but Id hardly call him a flop and we'll get decent money for him

He's been a major disappointment. He's in and out like a tampax. On the field he has been particularly disappointing. Always giving away fouls, choosing to wrestle with the opposition defenders rather than play football, continually ill disciplined (3 or 4 red cards in 2 seasons) and his goals record isn't particularly good. 12 goals in 28 appearences is ok, but he missed large parts of the season through injury and suspension. 10 of those goals were in the first half of the season. Where was he after xmas? Funny how you've failed to mention his whopping 6 goals in 30 games the season before!

I think Henderson is a decnet player, but he's been poor at United. Anything over a mill offered and I'd snatch there hand off! Get the big lump flogged.

provided we get some players in at the back, I'd be happy for all of them to go, as mentioned before, quinn as back up. he plays well in the middle but blackie likes him out on the left.

I'd be happy enough to see Henderson go. I do like him and you can't argue with his goals or hold up play IMO, BUT:
- he's apparently a very divisive player among the players
- he's divisive in the stands
- he's got awful disciplinary and injury tendencies
- he does seemingly affect the way we play
If we can get a good fee for him and he can pass a medical, then I'd certainly let him go.

Couldn't agree more. I think Henderson has done well for us when he's played, but for all the reasons you've posted, I'd wouldn't be sad to see him go.

Mind, I was always of the opinion that we were right to get rid of James Beattie.

Hendo and Quinn who is yet to sign an extension like Sharp must be the ones to go .They will all bring a good fee, selling is the number one priority at the moment.

Id be happy for Henderson or Quinn to go.
Quinn mainly because i think a change of scenery will be good for him & he hasnt signed a new contract. And Henderson, mainly because hes like our version of Hesky. IE we play shit with him in the team.

happier to get rid of Hendo, but I'd want another forward brought in. Hendo has always been a thug, too much bother for what we get from him.

If Quinn would concentrate on his football rather than getting into arguments with the opposition and backchatting the referee he could be half decent. However, a good second half at Cardiff and an excellent performance at Hillsborough is not enough.

Wonder if Leicester will now want him..may even be able to avoid moving house if he lives South Sheffield.

Get rid.

Couldn't agree more. I think Henderson has done well for us when he's played, but for all the reasons you've posted, I'd wouldn't be sad to see him go.

Mind, I was always of the opinion that we were right to get rid of James Beattie.

with beatties strike rate,he would have gave us the goals for promotion

He's been a major disappointment. He's in and out like a tampax. On the field he has been particularly disappointing. Always giving away fouls, choosing to wrestle with the opposition defenders rather than play football, continually ill disciplined (3 or 4 red cards in 2 seasons) and his goals record isn't particularly good. 12 goals in 28 appearences is ok, but he missed large parts of the season through injury and suspension. 10 of those goals were in the first half of the season. Where was he after xmas? Funny how you've failed to mention his whopping 6 goals in 30 games the season before!

Well it looks more than ok when you look at the alternatives:

Ched 4 in 21 Worse than Hendo
Cressy 12 in 28 same as Hendo
Ward 7 in 25 Worse than Hendo
Sharp at Donny 15 in 32 slightly better than Hendo

I bet your one of the ones who wants to keep Billy too when his stats are only marginally better than Hendo's. Like Hesky people dont see what he actually does for the team and I do feel hes treated quite harshly by refs. Dont get me wrong I' be quite happy if he leaves as I've said he makes us very 1 dimentional but Id still not call him a flop.

Back
Top Bottom