Ankle injury for Lyle ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jim Chimmerney

Can hear the 'Cod Army' roar from his back garden
Reaction score
According to

Rob Staton@robstaton 10m
David Weir describes Lyle Taylor as "touch and go" for tomorrow's game at Brentford due to an ankle injury

things going well today, what a difference a week makes.

No worries Fleets.

He's only a bench warmer, and he hasn't scored a goal, he'll be no miss with our prolific forward line.

I'm liking this "clapper" stuff, reminds me of happier times when posting gob shite-ery could get you quoted in the program.

No worries Fleets.

He's only a bench warmer, and he hasn't scored a goal, he'll be no miss with our prolific forward line.

I'm liking this "clapper" stuff, reminds me of happier times when posting gob shite-ery could get you quoted in the program.

Yeah, remember that, quotes from BladesUnited. I think I had a couple which made the programme :)

oh FFS today just gets better and better.

I never made it into the Programme, funnily enough.

The attacking positions are looking ever thinner (and I think we needed another striker before all this!). Porter is hardly prolific, the two replacement wingers on Tuesday didn't look up to it at all, I think Murphy is poor anyway, Brandy isn't much of a goal threat and McDonald may well be off! At least Taylor isn't the first (and indeed only) choice for his position, unlike McDonald.

The attacking positions are looking ever thinner (and I think we needed another striker before all this!). Porter is hardly prolific, the two replacement wingers on Tuesday didn't look up to it at all, I think Murphy is poor anyway, Brandy isn't much of a goal threat and McDonald may well be off! At least Taylor isn't the first (and indeed only) choice for his position, unlike McDonald.

Wonder how close Miller is ? Presumably at least 5-6 weeks you'd have thought.

Presumably Coady will slip into KMac's role but yep, with Taylor out it gives us Ironside as a replacement for Porter, not good.

At least Taylor isn't the first (and indeed only) choice for his position, unlike McDonald.

Lets look at the alternatives though

Ironside ----- No goals Ever
Porter ----- Not many more for us (although I do think he does bring others in---- no use if Macca goes)

We now more than ever need our strikers to bang in the goals. If when Macca does go do you think we will go back to 4 -4 -2 ?

Lets look at the alternatives though

Ironside ----- No goals Ever
Porter ----- Not many more for us (although I do think he does bring others in---- no use if Macca goes)

We now more than ever need our strikers to bang in the goals. If when Macca does go do you think we will go back to 4 -4 -2 ?

Oh I don't disagree with your assessment of the alternatives, but at least Taylor didn't start the season as the automatic first choice, McDonald did.

If Taylor is out, we have just Porter and Ironside up top, with perhaps an on loan teen supplying them. Yippee.

I just hope Miller doesn't take long to get into the form he was in when he was injured though you'd have thought a change in formation would be required then.

Wonder how close Miller is ? Presumably at least 5-6 weeks you'd have thought.

Presumably Coady will slip into KMac's role but yep, with Taylor out it gives us Ironside as a replacement for Porter, not good.

I wonder if Diego might end up being more influential this season than Miller - assuming both return of course. Nowhere near as proven clearly but it's much easier to see him fitting into the current formation that Miller.

Or maybe we go back to 4-4-2 when Miller is fit?

Oh I don't disagree with your assessment of the alternatives, but at least Taylor didn't start the season as the automatic first choice, McDonald did.

If Taylor is out, we have just Porter and Ironside up top, with perhaps an on loan teen supplying them. Yippee.

I just hope Miller doesn't take long to get into the form he was in when he was injured though you'd have thought a change in formation would be required then.

Quick phone Southampton see if the fat lad from Sheffield is available. (no chance I know)

It just shows how despite a few signings that our squad is threadbare, a few more injuries and a couple more sales and it will be the kids playing

I wonder if Weir is starting to think he is not going to get too many goals out of the new system

Wonder if weir is thinking why did I come here, they are selling my best player??????

It was a piece of. You had two basic options.

Following defeat - " Tough result last week, but I'm sure NW and the Boys will put that behind them and come out fighting this week. COYRAWW."

Following victory - "Excellent result last week, here's looking forward to another three points on Saturday. COYRAWW"

A decade or so on, isn't it time someone told Fleety they've stopped printing such stuff??:D

Yeah, I got in the programme a few times with such insightful garbage like 'Uhlenbeek is just the type of signing we need' or akin to that before I became a grumpy, negative bar stool.

No chance now.

Remember when the web site used to carry my reports. They suddenly stopped. Wonder why? ;)

Back
Top Bottom