PH press conference v Sunderland Home

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blades Fans: "Why isn't he starting McAtee, Khadra and Doyle, the manager is clueless and I don't care if they're match fit or not I have played every edition of Football Manager"

and Blades Fans: "Why is he playing McBurnie he clearly isn't fit, the manager is clueless, I have played every edition of Football Manager."

The most intersting nugget from the presser is that he mentioned 4 at the back like we could be playing it.

Blades Fans: "Why isn't he starting McAtee, Khadra and Doyle, the manager is clueless and I don't care if they're match fit or not I have played every edition of Football Manager"

and Blades Fans: "Why is he playing McBurnie he clearly isn't fit, the manager is clueless, I have played every edition of Football Manager."

The most intersting nugget from the presser is that he mentioned 4 at the back like we could be playing it.
Tried it against West Brom.

Several weeks ago Heckingbottom was regarded as something of a hero wasn't he? Replaced Slav and took us up the league and into the play offs, played three, doesn't play the new young loanees, plays Ollie and Fleck and now? Doesn't take long for some does it.

I, like every one else I am looking forward to seeing these exciting lads play and yes, Fleck and Norwood ain't been great and his use of substitutes can be puzzling, it was last season, but give him a chance FFS.
How many moaners were singing Hecky, Jack and Stuart McCall a few weeks ago and after a couple of good results will be banging it out with gusto again.

Oh dear oh dear , some very concerning aspects to this presser.
Clearly Hecky loves McB + rolling him out as the player to speak just smacks of "I don't care how half-fit or useless he is , I am gonna play him". It strikes me that Hecky's love is blind or he's under orders from the club to get something out of the £ that everyone knows has been wasted.
Billy rolled his ankle after 10mins but we let him play on , are you mad , Hecky ? Allow him to exacerbate his injury instead of getting him off + packing it with ice ?
And if McB is so good & fit , you've 2 strikers on the bench - something very odd about Hecky's logic here.
Hecky's explanation of subs used + not used doesn't make sense. He talks about subbing strikers & defenders but noticeably omits midfielders ... the engine-room (on a hot day) ! So why stand Khadra up then sit him down ?
Some very woolly-headed stuff there from our manager.
NB re strikers
Ndiaye is ok , Brewster is unproven with us , McB a disaster & Billy is likely to sustain injuries.
We should not contemplate letting out Jebbo or Osula on loan.

I love this “we’re playing him even though he’s shit so we can sell him” fantasy. :)

Back
Top Bottom