Anel

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I dont like to criticise players but today he didnt appear bothered, his distribution was as bad as it as ever been, it looked as if his mind was elsewhere, we need him to get back to last season’s form, im still hoping he becomes the player we know he is for us
Just looked at the stats. Only Emerson (91%) had a higher pass percentage completion than Anel (88%).

Just looked at the stats. Only Emerson (91%) had a higher pass percentage completion than Anel (88%).
Fair comment, but it was frustrating to see the captain dawdling, and passing sideways and backwards as the clock was running down and we were chasing the equaliser. He looked deflated after their second - there’s something not right with him at the moment.

Atalanta getting involved now. I’m saying agents trying to drum up some interest to get a move before he’s relegated.

Sign a player for £3m, heading towards selling him for closer to £20m only 18 months later. Until Utd are able to establish themselves in the Prem, that's exactly what will be required and will hopefully fund another reinvestment of funds into the squad to prepare it for next season.
As for AA, the step up in quality of opposition is obvious and he's looked less comfortable this season. No surprise at all - the acid test will be how he copes in a better side that that more possession that Utd generally so (yesterday aside)

N'Diaye, Berge and now looking like Anel all sold within 6 months.

Well done United, nothing like a bit of ambition.
Two players who were leaving regardless of what we did and we got decent fees for that we otherwise wouldn't have, and another who is worth more to us sold.

But bash away, it obviously makes you feel better and I'm sure you'd have been applauding the club as Ndiaye and Berge walked for free in the summer.

Two players who were leaving regardless of what we did and we got decent fees for that we otherwise wouldn't have, and another who is worth more to us sold.

But bash away, it obviously makes you feel better and I'm sure you'd have been applauding the club as Ndiaye and Berge walked for free in the summer.
Never 😄 some would have had a very enjoyable time slagging off the club for not being able to pursuade either of them to change their minds 🤔

View attachment 177963

And Vini; but I'm not surprised that you missed that.
I mentioned it on other threads about Vini pass completion being 91%.

But you are correct it was my mistake.

I meant to say out of defenders that’s why I used Emerson as an example. I didn’t make it clear. Apologies.

mepham holgate godfrey now worrall certainly looking like anel is on his way 🤔

It doesn't make me feel better, in fact I'd consider myself to be a clapper and I'd hope that Frank wouldn't see my overall views as being a fanny.

But short sightedness from the board allowed us to be in position where our 2 best players had 12 months on their contract which forced our hand and meant we had little option of cashing in. You can't deny that we started the season with a significantly weaker squad than last season, which if the screenshot of Anel's dad explaining that one of the reasons he wants out is down to selling our best players, has had a knock on effect on him potentially leaving too.

It doesn't make me feel better, in fact I'd consider myself to be a clapper and I'd hope that Frank wouldn't see my overall views as being a fanny.

But short sightedness from the board allowed us to be in position where our 2 best players had 12 months on their contract which forced our hand and meant we had little option of cashing in. You can't deny that we started the season with a significantly weaker squad than last season, which if the screenshot of Anel's dad explaining that one of the reasons he wants out is down to selling our best players, has had a knock on effect on him potentially leaving too.
The problem was that we spent the last two years in the Championship which had a significant impact on our finances. Of those two best players one (Berge) had made it very clear that he wasn't interested in signing a new deal while the other deserved a contract far above what we could have afforded. Let's not forget that Ndiaye was due to sign "the biggest deal in our history" in the summer before Marseille came in for him.

I don't deny the squad in August was weaker than the squad in May. It obviously was.

If trying to extend the contracts of players who don't want to extend, are already fancying themselves as a free agent and/or know of an offer from their childhood club if considered short-sightedness then that's obviously going to frame how you view what happened next.

It's a consequence of having good players and it happens at literally every club.

I wish we'd been able to replace and reinforce better but that still wouldn't change the fact we'd "sold our best players".

Players with an elite mentality would rise to this challenge, become a leader and stand out, maybe become a big fish in a small pond for 12 months at least. They don't down tools, start looking around and putting feelers out, and get their parents to blame the club when their performance levels drop. It's as good as an admittance that he can only play well when he has good players around him.

Napoli have agreed a loan to buy for Dendonker reportedly.

Maybe that kills interest in Anel.

He was the type of player I hoped we would target when we got promoted.

Yep good competitive player with plenty of quality. Surprised he’s struggled for regular game time. Would be a big improvement over most of our midfield or defence.

He was the type of player I hoped we would target when we got promoted.
Without trying to be funny, I doubt we were ever likely to be signing experienced PL players like Dendoncker. His wages maybe we could afford but with the transfer fee and also I just don't think he'd want yo join a newly promoted team unless it was a Villa or Leeds when they came up. Hecky said himself we couldn't afford experienced PL players in the pre season.

Without trying to be funny, I doubt we were ever likely to be signing experienced PL players like Dendoncker. His wages maybe we could afford but with the transfer fee and also I just don't think he'd want yo join a newly promoted team unless it was a Villa or Leeds when they came up. Hecky said himself we couldn't afford experienced PL players in the pre season.
He's just been sold for around £10m, plays multiple positions. Good age. Even on loan, a better fit than Thomas.

Im not beating for the club for not been in for him, but if I was in charge of recruitment (lucky for you Im not haha), then he would have been on the list.

He's just been sold for around £10m, plays multiple positions. Good age. Even on loan, a better fit than Thomas.

Im not beating for the club for not been in for him, but if I was in charge of recruitment (lucky for you Im not haha), then he would have been on the list.
And he would have picked Napoli over us :)

Back
Top Bottom