Anel

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

When My dad was alive he was a landscape gardener he once did the garden of one of the players in the Blackwell era I forget who, anyway he told my Dad when he signed for us he was told if anyone bids money for him we would sell him. So we probably sell the club on that basis.
Sounds very mccabe to me
We have turned down bids for players since mccabe left though to be fair

Whether it £5m or £25m it’s only a great bit of business if you replace him with a better player!!!

Not interested in selling one good and getting three ‘squad’ players or bench warmers in.

We need a better starting 11.
Or a few players.

When we sold DCL we were able to get moore, joc and Clarke.

Selling Brooks enabled us to sign Egan and Norwood.

Selling N'Diaye got us Archer and poss Souza as well.

Can't always replace and if how do you sign better for less money then you've just sold? It's a calculated signing and they may flourish into better sometimes.

Anel should have been our next JackOC

He probably just thought wow this is embarrassing shit so doesn’t care.

Shame we couldn’t get a good partner alongside him.

He deserves a top club.

Hope he stays though.

I can’t think of another player like Ndiaye who could replace him,he absolutely shone in our formation but that was the championship which is miles behind the premiership in quality. He’s not pulling up trees at Marseille,that’s a fact. Big mistake by him to get his head turned,as everyone says,he should have had a shot at the top level.
Exactly my point, we didn't replace him, we just bought someonelse.

The money from ndiayes sale went on archer
If ndiaye doesn't go archer doesn't come

replace

Word of the day

Main results

Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more

verb
  1. 1.
    take the place of.
    "Ian's smile was replaced by a frown"
  2. 2.
    put (something) back in a previous place or position.
    "he drained his glass and replaced it on the bar"
Doesn't matter how pedantic you want to be, we didn't replace Ndiaye, we just bought another player.

My point was-who could/would have replaced him ?
He was a maverick to us.
The only other player we saw similar was MGW, but we had no chance of that.
So I know what your point was, same as mine basically.

The only other player we saw similar was MGW, but we had no chance of that.
So I know what your point was, same as mine basically.
But you were talking about ahmehodzic originally so do you think he is irreplaceable as well ?
Or are you just muddying the waters on your Initial point because you know its not true ?

I would be amazed if we ever got £20m for Anel

I suppose one could argue he would excel with better players around him, but for me he should stand out if he’s that good and he just doesn’t imo

I would be amazed if we ever got £20m for Anel

I suppose one could argue he would excel with better players around him, but for me he should stand out if he’s that good and he just doesn’t imo
He was better in the Championship as we were a more attacking side.

He’s been amongst the stand out poor performers this season and whilst several players have kicked on since Wilder came back, Anel has been given the captaincy and gone backwards.

Today, he was a weak link defensively in a game where we didn’t have to defend as much.

He has either been instructed to be cautious or his confidence is shot. His passing second half was rarely forwards and positive, Bogle to his right / front was very cautious as well, the right side of defence looked quite weak.

If there are rumours that we’re selling him then I’d lose no sleep other than we need a replacement but I’d be inclined to look in the championship for a solid RCB. Anel just isn’t doing enough

I would take anything over 12m for him. He’s been pretty poor this season and if we re-invest 10 of that back into another player then i think that would be good business for us.

I dont like to criticise players but today he didnt appear bothered, his distribution was as bad as it as ever been, it looked as if his mind was elsewhere, we need him to get back to last season’s form, im still hoping he becomes the player we know he is for us

He’s been amongst the stand out poor performers this season and whilst several players have kicked on since Wilder came back, Anel has been given the captaincy and gone backwards.

Today, he was a weak link defensively in a game where we didn’t have to defend as much.

He has either been instructed to be cautious or his confidence is shot. His passing second half was rarely forwards and positive, Bogle to his right / front was very cautious as well, the right side of defence looked quite weak.

If there are rumours that we’re selling him then I’d lose no sleep other than we need a replacement but I’d be inclined to look in the championship for a solid RCB. Anel just isn’t doing enough
I agree thought he was our worst defender today although performance from the team was very good

If we can get a really good fee for him and reinvest it, selling makes sense. On current form he's no great loss and hasn't lived up to expectations since promotion. Him and Bogle together doesn't really gel as a pairing up the right and we looked more organised in the recent games where he's not been involved, even though that's invovled a left footer or out of position Baldock at RCB.

If he stays with us he’s gonna flourish in the Champ with Wilder, even better than last season, the smart move for him would be to stay another season to help us and him back to the prem.

Selling anyone on that first year of parachute payments that would be part of the team to challenge would be foolish by the prince, unless we’re offered silly money.

Reactions: jon
If he stays with us he’s gonna flourish in the Champ with Wilder, even better than last season, the smart move for him would be to stay another season to help us and him back to the prem.

Selling anyone on that first year of parachute payments that would be part of the team to challenge would be foolish by the prince, unless we’re offered silly money.
On current form, which is not a reason to sell, he’s proving to be a weak link.

We have to get him out of this patch

Back
Top Bottom