Anel looking to manufacture a move?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If we stubbornly insist on 10m we'll regret it. Because no one will offer that, and we'll end up losing him for much less. I wouldn't say that if we could trust him to perform and not sulk next season, but we can't take that chance

These players are all replaceable. Here today, gone tomorrow. We have to stop clinging onto them so preciously. It's costly
Let him sulk then, see where he ends up.
Costly is bending over and taking up the arse from any other club because you have such a low opinion of your own club.

Ampadu £7 million??????????

Tell him he can go as soon as £10 million is offered, if not he can sulk, lose game time, lose fitness and lose his move to anywhere

It’s obvious he will leave if we go down, and tbf we signed him as an investment so it’s not an issue really.

Living near him he’s also sold all his cars so that would suggest he’s off!

Are you for real?

We signed him for £4mil last summer. He had a good season last season. Good, nor great and he wasn't even close to being the best centre back in the division. He was 6/10 at best in the majority of matches after a bright start.

This season he's been an absolute shambles of a player, responsible for more costly errors than any other player.

Who is going to buy him? A Premier League club? A newly promoted team who will have been watching him this season? A foreign team? Maybe a foreign team if we're lucky.

We'll be lucky if we get our £4mil back. £10mil or more? Get real.

If you are joking and being sarcastic then ignore the above. 👍
We may get some more of that Ramsdale
Recency Bias which did is a favour last time.

We have a run of fixtures where we can avoid a battering.

Bids of 15m and above would seem to be acceptable.

If we somehow can get about 10m for Souza then you’d imagine that’s about what the Doctor ordered.

Depending on what occurs with Archer we will have been promoted to the Premier League, had a season there and a run to the FA Cup semi-final and across the last 7 windows we will have had a transfer surplus of about 33m if Archer goes!

That said, if we can have Hamer and Arblaster as midfield mainstays and a defence of Robbo, Egan and either one of the decent frees out there or a favour from Dyche for Holgate, then we can still compete. It’s just having a regular scorer if we are offloading higher earners.

Our defence had been shambolic, and Anel has been very disappointing. And we don’t want anyone playing for the club who doesn’t want to be here.

But he is still the best passer of the ball in our defence, who was brought in to play the “overlapping” right centre half position alongside Egan - but instead has been used predominantly as our main stopper. And his stats per game stack up pretty well compared to the rest of our dodgy defence (eg compared to Robbo, per game, Anel had won more tackles, made more interceptions and made more clearances).

In a team designed to play to his strengths I suspect he would still be a good player, especially if re-motivated. In a similar way that Harry Maguire can look appalling or fantastic depending on the style of defensive formation being used. We should definitely look to move him on, but hold out for a decent wedge.

But he is still the best passer of the ball in our defence, who was brought in to play the “overlapping” right centre half position alongside Egan - but instead has been used predominantly as our main stopper. And his stats per game stack up pretty well compared to the rest of our dodgy defence (eg compared to Robbo, per game, Anel had won more tackles, made more interceptions and made more clearances).
If a player was poorly positioned and often switched off, he’d probably find himself in lots of last ditch situations where he’d have to make more tackles and clearances.

Meanwhile, someone like Paul McGrath would register quite low because he’d read the game well and end up in possession of the ball long before their man was even challenging for it!

In a couple of the absolute thumpings, he’s seemed to be one of the first to throw in the towel.

I liked the guy when we were doing well and his goals were a bonus but there were warning signs with the number of bookings.

I’d far rather have Robbo in the trenches with me.

If a player was poorly positioned and often switched off, he’d probably find himself in lots of last ditch situations where he’d have to make more tackles and clearances.

Meanwhile, someone like Paul McGrath would register quite low because he’d read the game well and end up in possession of the ball long before their man was even challenging for it!

In a couple of the absolute thumpings, he’s seemed to be one of the first to throw in the towel.

I liked the guy when we were doing well and his goals were a bonus but there were warning signs with the number of bookings.

I agree that good defenders, like McGrath in his pomp, make fewer last ditch tackles, as they read the game. But they then make more interceptions, and still win tackles but in a more controlled manner in less dangerous parts of the pitch.

Just by the by, and almost to demonstrate how stats can be crap (!) Vini Souza is third for tackles in the entire Premier league. Which perhaps suggests we are always chasing the game. And I still expected him to be far more influential than he has been.

Statistics are useful when you also have good judgement of the impact the player is having on their own or the impact on the team. Stats alone become less meaningful without context.

For me it's about when the game is in the melting pot who is demanding the ball, who is getting stuck in. Who makes critical interceptions etc. Your point on McGrath is spot on. We saw on Sunday that when we equalised that most of the Chelsea players began to hide and didn't want to know. Robbo is limited in lots of areas but you could never question his commitment.

News this morning via sportwitness.co.uk, that Ahmedhodzic has made the decision to move for new representation, with the view to hopefully securing his move away from Sheffield United.

His new agents CAA are said the be highly regarded in the footballing world, what with the likes of Cole Palmer, Heung-min Son and James Maddison already on their books. It is hoped that his spell in the Premier League will help to leapfrog him to a the high profile move that he and his father hope for.

Love him or Loath him, El Accounto has put his ten penneth into it.... When asked whether we can hope to get £10m for the player, Smith replied something along the lines of.... "It would have to be at least this amount, or the club won't let him leave"... what with the player having a couple of years left on his contract.

My thoughts....

He evidently doesn't want to be here so it is of no real surprise to see this news. We won't get the hefty fees associated with him last year, but I am a strong believer that if a player doesn't want to give everything for our club, then we move them on. There is no room for sentiment.... he's made no secret that he feels he is above Sheffield United, soet him take his attitude elsewhere and hopefully flop.

I know that understandably he will be wanting to protect his own assets so the speak.... but it seems his head at the minute is firmly focussed on the move, as opposed to fighting for his employers over the next month or so. Perhaps that is why his armband has been stripped and given to someone who cares about the club and his team mates?
Can't blame him to be fair, he's a talented player with potential to progress in a good side.

Starting in the championship on minus two points with gribic in goal behind him and wilders tactics and team selection, is not going to do wonders for his career

Are you for real?

We signed him for £4mil last summer. He had a good season last season. Good, nor great and he wasn't even close to being the best centre back in the division. He was 6/10 at best in the majority of matches after a bright start.

This season he's been an absolute shambles of a player, responsible for more costly errors than any other player.

Who is going to buy him? A Premier League club? A newly promoted team who will have been watching him this season? A foreign team? Maybe a foreign team if we're lucky.

We'll be lucky if we get our £4mil back. £10mil or more? Get real.

If you are joking and being sarcastic then ignore the above. 👍
We signed him the summer before last.
El Accounto did declare that we turned down £10m for him last summer.

We signed him the summer before last.
El Accounto did declare that we turned down £10m for him last summer.
By last summer I meant last season and he may well have been worth £10mil in pre-season as his stock was higher then. After a torrid season in the Premier League where he's been woeful throughout, and another year run down on his contract he'll be worth nowhere near that again.

We may get some more of that Ramsdale
Recency Bias which did is a favour last time.

We have a run of fixtures where we can avoid a battering.

Bids of 15m and above would seem to be acceptable.

If we somehow can get about 10m for Souza then you’d imagine that’s about what the Doctor ordered.

Depending on what occurs with Archer we will have been promoted to the Premier League, had a season there and a run to the FA Cup semi-final and across the last 7 windows we will have had a transfer surplus of about 33m if Archer goes!

That said, if we can have Hamer and Arblaster as midfield mainstays and a defence of Robbo, Egan and either one of the decent frees out there or a favour from Dyche for Holgate, then we can still compete. It’s just having a regular scorer if we are offloading higher earners.
It's all well and good saying bids of £15mil should be acceptable, but it's frankly unrealistic and laughable. If we sold Anel for £5mil I'd be happy.

By last summer I meant last season and he may well have been worth £10mil in pre-season as his stock was higher then. After a torrid season in the Premier League where he's been woeful throughout, and another year run down on his contract he'll be worth nowhere near that again.
Similar to what people on here said about Berge last season.

Based on what? What top flight team in Europe is going to pay big money for him after having watched him this season?
Based on him being an outstanding footballer in a team that keeps more than 20% possession. He will excel in a better team and the better teams know it

Is there any way I can give you an entire box of likes for that??? Sick of seeing him get turned and being left trailing, shirt pulling or holding and being unable to command space at corners. Not good enough for the Premiership and a one trick bring it out of defence pony in the Championship. Mardy arse to boot. Only thing I may now have sympathy with is that his illness may have affected his speed.
Some of his performances have made me feel ill

He's a good player in a league where you don't need to be physically strong, quick and able to read the game. I'd suggest Italy where defenders get much more time on the ball and an ability to progress up the pitch (with others covering) is admired. For us he's shit, wants out and hasn't been interested since last season.

As others have suggested, it was a signing of convenience for us and him. Can't say I'll follow his career having no affection for him but he'll do ok somewhere, just want some good lucre for him 🤔

News this morning via sportwitness.co.uk, that Ahmedhodzic has made the decision to move for new representation, with the view to hopefully securing his move away from Sheffield United.

His new agents CAA are said the be highly regarded in the footballing world, what with the likes of Cole Palmer, Heung-min Son and James Maddison already on their books. It is hoped that his spell in the Premier League will help to leapfrog him to a the high profile move that he and his father hope for.

Love him or Loath him, El Accounto has put his ten penneth into it.... When asked whether we can hope to get £10m for the player, Smith replied something along the lines of.... "It would have to be at least this amount, or the club won't let him leave"... what with the player having a couple of years left on his contract.

My thoughts....

He evidently doesn't want to be here so it is of no real surprise to see this news. We won't get the hefty fees associated with him last year, but I am a strong believer that if a player doesn't want to give everything for our club, then we move them on. There is no room for sentiment.... he's made no secret that he feels he is above Sheffield United, soet him take his attitude elsewhere and hopefully flop.

I know that understandably he will be wanting to protect his own assets so the speak.... but it seems his head at the minute is firmly focussed on the move, as opposed to fighting for his employers over the next month or so. Perhaps that is why his armband has been stripped and given to someone who cares about the club and his team mates?
He can go for me....I'll drive him there myself

Back
Top Bottom