Anel looking to manufacture a move?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Overthehills

Give Quiche A Chance....
Reaction score
News this morning via sportwitness.co.uk, that Ahmedhodzic has made the decision to move for new representation, with the view to hopefully securing his move away from Sheffield United.

His new agents CAA are said the be highly regarded in the footballing world, what with the likes of Cole Palmer, Heung-min Son and James Maddison already on their books. It is hoped that his spell in the Premier League will help to leapfrog him to a the high profile move that he and his father hope for.

Love him or Loath him, El Accounto has put his ten penneth into it.... When asked whether we can hope to get £10m for the player, Smith replied something along the lines of.... "It would have to be at least this amount, or the club won't let him leave"... what with the player having a couple of years left on his contract.

My thoughts....

He evidently doesn't want to be here so it is of no real surprise to see this news. We won't get the hefty fees associated with him last year, but I am a strong believer that if a player doesn't want to give everything for our club, then we move them on. There is no room for sentiment.... he's made no secret that he feels he is above Sheffield United, soet him take his attitude elsewhere and hopefully flop.

I know that understandably he will be wanting to protect his own assets so the speak.... but it seems his head at the minute is firmly focussed on the move, as opposed to fighting for his employers over the next month or so. Perhaps that is why his armband has been stripped and given to someone who cares about the club and his team mates?

If he's as good as he thinks he is he should be busting a gut to get a decent offer in for the club that has allowed him to showcase in the PL. Then he can go with our blessing.
Offers under £10m? you're staying here matey so start performing to your potential and stop whining. Showing off and underperforming, who's going to want a player that does that with 2 years left on a contract they signed in good faith? We need workers not shirkers.
Sort thissen aaht and tha'll get thi' move!

News this morning via sportwitness.co.uk, that Ahmedhodzic has made the decision to move for new representation, with the view to hopefully securing his move away from Sheffield United.

His new agents CAA are said the be highly regarded in the footballing world, what with the likes of Cole Palmer, Heung-min Son and James Maddison already on their books. It is hoped that his spell in the Premier League will help to leapfrog him to a the high profile move that he and his father hope for.

Love him or Loath him, El Accounto has put his ten penneth into it.... When asked whether we can hope to get £10m for the player, Smith replied something along the lines of.... "It would have to be at least this amount, or the club won't let him leave"... what with the player having a couple of years left on his contract.

My thoughts....

He evidently doesn't want to be here so it is of no real surprise to see this news. We won't get the hefty fees associated with him last year, but I am a strong believer that if a player doesn't want to give everything for our club, then we move them on. There is no room for sentiment.... he's made no secret that he feels he is above Sheffield United, soet him take his attitude elsewhere and hopefully flop.

I know that understandably he will be wanting to protect his own assets so the speak.... but it seems his head at the minute is firmly focussed on the move, as opposed to fighting for his employers over the next month or so. Perhaps that is why his armband has been stripped and given to someone who cares about the club and his team mates?

There's not much logic to keeping an unsettled player around the club, but I'm sceptical of whether whatever fee he commends would go straight into the playing budget and how much it'd cost to replace a player of his calibre?

I can only see two scenarios playing out here - first, likely one being that we sell him and expect we'd get a minimum £10m upfront with add-ons. The unlikely alternative is the right offer doesn't materialise and Wilder manages to sell the idea that Anel can earn a better move if he stays another year, wins promotion and looks as impressive in the championship as he did last season.

Let him leave. He's over rated and never going to be a Premier League defender. He's been at fault for more goals than any player and yet Larouci, Thomas and at times Robinson have had more flack from our fans than this sulky turd of a player.

If he wants to go then let him. As for getting £10mil for an error prone, sulking defender who can't defend simple crosses into the box, forget it. We'd do well to get our £4mil back. If we try to hold back for a higher fee we'll end up with a contract rebel who walks for free or we sell him for less out of panicking that he'll walk for free.

If we did get promoted again then he'd need replacing anyway, so we might as well do that this summer and get rid.

£10mil for Anel is almost as funny as De Souza thinking he should be playing for Brazil.

What the hell was Wilder doing making him captain? Seriously error of judgement.

If we get enough money for him to fund the purchase and wages of a proper horrible centre half then I will be more than happy. Worrall could be the man, 27 yrs old, 6ft 4in, get the moaning Croat gone and Worrall in

We'll get way more than 10m for him. It's not 2004
Are you for real?

We signed him for £4mil last summer. He had a good season last season. Good, nor great and he wasn't even close to being the best centre back in the division. He was 6/10 at best in the majority of matches after a bright start.

This season he's been an absolute shambles of a player, responsible for more costly errors than any other player.

Who is going to buy him? A Premier League club? A newly promoted team who will have been watching him this season? A foreign team? Maybe a foreign team if we're lucky.

We'll be lucky if we get our £4mil back. £10mil or more? Get real.

If you are joking and being sarcastic then ignore the above. 👍

What the hell was Wilder doing making him captain? Seriously error of judgement.

If we get enough money for him to fund the purchase and wages of a proper horrible centre half then I will be more than happy. Worrall could be the man, 27 yrs old, 6ft 4in, get the moaning Croat gone and Worrall in
Opinion like this yet doesn't know where he's from 😂

Let him leave. He's over rated and never going to be a Premier League defender. He's been at fault for more goals than any player and yet Larouci, Thomas and at times Robinson have had more flack from our fans than this sulky turd of a player.

If he wants to go then let him. As for getting £10mil for an error prone, sulking defender who can't defend simple crosses into the box, forget it. We'd do well to get our £4mil back. If we try to hold back for a higher fee we'll end up with a contract rebel who walks for free or we sell him for less out of panicking that he'll walk for free.

If we did get promoted again then he'd need replacing anyway, so we might as well do that this summer and get rid.

£10mil for Anel is almost as funny as De Souza thinking he should be playing for Brazil.
Is there any way I can give you an entire box of likes for that??? Sick of seeing him get turned and being left trailing, shirt pulling or holding and being unable to command space at corners. Not good enough for the Premiership and a one trick bring it out of defence pony in the Championship. Mardy arse to boot. Only thing I may now have sympathy with is that his illness may have affected his speed.

We'll do some tough bargaining stance posturing and then we'll sell him whether the best offer is £7m or £17m.

Having a mardy arse on the bench losing value or £7m in the bank with maybe half available to spend we'd have to take it in our situation. Fingers crossed a European club comes calling at £10m plus

Long gone are the days when a player works his arse off on the pitch to get that big move…These days they generally down tools and have a word with their agent…Somebody will have em.

Back
Top Bottom