Andre Brooks

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He’s class. Said it last year when he had his first run out - you can just tell in terms of how he deals with the ball. He’s going to have a few bad games, naturally, but he’s going to do it for us if he plays.

Great to see yet another local lad and another Blade do it for us. Living the dream.

His value has gone up to 15 mil just this week
How much would he be worth if he could use his right foot !
What a breath of fresh air he is, being so reckless as to run at and go past the oppposition !

Arblaster to come back too hopefully in January ( I see he scored the only goal of the game today for Port Vale).

Although Iliman was nowhere near the 1st team at Brooksy’s age. 🧐
The baffling thing ( annoying) is Why Hecki wouldn't give him a chance ,I can understand him not spoiling his progress but he is ready for the 1st team Excellent gifted player who has the physical presence to cope at 1st team level.
Slimani is another talented player who couldn't get a look in ! he has the presence to cope at this level also.
Baffled ! We have talent in these two who are of prem quality.
Well done CW for giving them there chance..

Remember bash did an interview talking about the young players and said that brooks is like iliman in a sense that you can’t get the ball of him but the difference was in confidence between the two. Sounds like he’ll only get better with even more confidence

How much would he be worth if he could use his right foot !
I think people are only noticing this because he's left footed??
There's a shit ton of right footed players who can't use their left, but it never seems to be questioned.

Also no footballer has ever had a "wand of a right foot"... wands are reserved for lefties

I think people are only noticing this because he's left footed??
There's a shit ton of right footed players who can't use their left, but it never seems to be questioned.

Also no footballer has ever had a "wand of a right foot"... wands are reserved for lefties
I have questioned for some time why most right footed young players cannot or do not use their left foot eg Archer
I was taught at a young age to use both feet and I could ( unfortunately not very well !)
Surely in the academies this should be taught at a young age ?

I have questioned for some time why most right footed young players cannot or do not use their left foot eg Archer
I was taught at a young age to use both feet and I could ( unfortunately not very well !)
Surely in the academies this should be taught at a young age ?
Most of them can use their weaker foot better than the 'average person' on the street can use their strongest foot.

But in a professional match most players favour their "elite" foot, because the standards are so high.

Most of them can use their weaker foot better than the 'average person' on the street can use their strongest foot.

But in a professional match most players favour their "elite" foot, because the standards are so high.
Although many a year ago when I was younger and playing football, I'm left footed. Not for a moment am I claiming to be the reincarnation of Beckham (even though we're both still alive) but my friends and team used to mention I was quite accurate with long passes and what not. I wouldn't have been able to hit the target from the goal line with my right. The whole thing felt so un natural.

When I watch football now I always think to myself "bloody hell I'd have had hit that with my left in a really awkward way just to have had a chance on goal because no chance would I have managed that with the right"

People like Fleck are totally incapable of using their weaker foot, Archer as well.
We've had loads over the years.

It's a massive weakness for a professional footballer.

You never see a boxer who can only punch with one hand, it's pathetic that footballers have to get the ball on their stronger foot.

People like Fleck are totally incapable of using their weaker foot, Archer as well.

You never see a boxer who can only punch with one hand, it's pathetic that footballers have to get the ball on their stronger foot.
But if you had a knock about with Flecky I bet you'd be surprised at how good his right foot is.

But if you had a knock about with Flecky I bet you'd be surprised at how good his right foot is.
I think at that level it's quite easy to underestimate the capabilities of the men on that pitch. The gulf between our squads capabilities and say Arsenal's is pretty big, the gulf between our squads capabilities and none league is bloody huge. I watch a lad on YouTube every now and then, forget his name, and he's some semi pro sunday leaguer or something, does a lot of freestyle football tricks too and he'll often make a video trying out fitness tests for Prem footballers or attempting to recreate goals\skills players have pulled off on the fly. It's quite eye opening.

Archer scored a fair number of left footed goals in the Championship. Including one against us.

Though he's been reluctant to shoot left footed for us recently, it's true.

Even Messy is one footed(left)

Agree....often found it strange how PRO's don't practice more with their weaker foot.

I remember seeing a documentary about George Best.
Think he was naturally right footed but when he was young he decided to play games mainly using his left foot.

The presenter said that Best become so good with this weaker foot that overtime people thought it was his stronger foot.

Un
Agree....often found it strange how PRO's don't practice more with their weaker foot.

I remember seeing a documentary about George Best.
Think he was naturally right footed but when he was young he decided to play games mainly using his left foot.

The presenter said that Best become so good with this weaker foot that overtime people thought it was his stronger foot.
Unless you saw Jimmy Greaves or Bobby Charlton take a penalty you'd never know which was their weaker foot

Remember bash did an interview talking about the young players and said that brooks is like iliman in a sense that you can’t get the ball of him but the difference was in confidence between the two. Sounds like he’ll only get better with even more confidence
Once Brooks works on his strength when in possession and his distribution in attacking places then I think we have another gem coming through. Can't be too tough on him though, he's literally 2 games into a Premiership career and only recently turned 20.

Ndiayes best season was last year & he was 2 years further developed than Brooks playing in Championship team that were winning most games....only comparing because of the Bash comment.

Un
Unless you saw Jimmy Greaves or Bobby Charlton take a penalty you'd never know which was their weaker foot

Bobby Charlton would take corners from the left with his right foot and corners from the right with his left foot.

Based on Archer's goal against us at the lane I'd beg to differ

Once Brooks works on his strength when in possession and his distribution in attacking places then I think we have another gem coming through. Can't be too tough on him though, he's literally 2 games into a Premiership career and only recently turned 20.

Ndiayes best season was last year & he was 2 years further developed than Brooks playing in Championship team that were winning most games....only comparing because of the Bash comment.
Exactly and Ndiaye was over a year older than Brooks is now, when he made his full league debut for us.

Proof that people need to calm down with waxing lyrical about Brooks. Was lightweight and outmuscled today, but granted he worked very hard.

But he was shagged and should have been subbed before the first goal. Somewhat exposed today and shouldn’t start.

Back
Top Bottom