Incoming? Alexander Blessin

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Is this the new Brewster thread? If so want to put my name to it early on.

I really like the sound of Mr Alexander, a different appointment than the usual. Seems very similar to what Barnsley have done, especially since Oostende are from the same network. It’s worked well for the dingles so wouldn’t mind something similar for us. His tactics sound fresh and progressive!

It would be classic Sheffield United to not get him due to ‘red-tape’ and we end up with Neil Lennon.

It's really quite simple. If we want him, we go to the special dispensation panel or whatever they're calling themselves, make our request and they will say either yay or nay.
Hi mate. Thanks for coming back to this. Just like the old days.....
There's a great bit in the regulations about the Exceptions Panel. Let me remind you.....

EXCEPTIONS PANELS
Please note that Exceptions Panels will not be available after the Winter (January) Transfer Window in 2021.

It really is quite simple
Screenshot_20210407-125359_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

The only thing he has said, or his people have said, is that he's interested and we'd be the highest paid manager in the league at around £2M/season.
If'we're appointing him, he is going to be expensive for a Championship coach and want a lot more backing in the transfer market.
His MO is short term but quality football with quality players.
Slaviša Jokanović needs to be careful he doesn't price himself out of the market. He's also impacted by the Brexit rules. If he doesn't get a job in England with a Governing Body Endorsement by November then he drops out of the frame for any job in England. He'll have to spend another two years re-qualifying in the wilderness for a GBE. The same rules that hinder us for Blessin give us a bit of negotiating muscle for Slaviša Jokanović.

There's a great bit in the regulations about the Exceptions Panel. Let me remind you.....

EXCEPTIONS PANELS
Please note that Exceptions Panels will not be available after the Winter (January) Transfer Window in 2021.

View attachment 110047

Sounds like an issue. Any idea when they reconvene Ball_Sup (Phil)? 🤦🏻‍♂️

EXCEPTIONS PANELS

View attachment 110047
OK, it's dead then. Move on folks...

Maybe the regs and clauses noted above aren't set in pertuity, are time specific and therefore the review panel may sit in future to review requests. Who knows?

I know, I know, you're in the shed or something.

Slaviša Jokanović needs to be careful he doesn't price himself out of the market. He's also impacted by the Brexit rules. If he doesn't get a job in England with a Governing Body Endorsement by November then he drops out of the frame for any job in England. He'll have to spend another two years re-qualifying in the wilderness for a GBE. The same rules that hinder us for Blessin give us a bit of negotiating muscle for Slaviša Jokanović.
It does seem like Jokanovic wants to have his cake and eat it. He wants to get the top dollar you'd associate with managing in a shit league run by wealthy Royals yet also ply his trade in a reputable league of the Championship which doesn't historically pay anywhere near 4m a year.

It will really be typical if we mess around, fail to get Blessin, Allardyce leaves WBA and then they appoint Jokanovic!

We then don't have 1st or 2nd choice and have to start again having wasted a lot of time.

Jason Tindall - always been the club's first choice, stated the Prince 😉

EXCEPTIONS PANELS

View attachment 110047
What if the exceptions panel is made up of Dave Richards, Trevor Brooking and Phippsy and is held behind the bogs at Watford Gap services....They recycle brown envelopes there I'm told

Of course there's a chance. This is a FA process for starters and we know how competent they are when professional lawyers are holding their toes to the fire.

Is that your personal view or informed by someone?

I agree Jokanovic should be right up there, he probably already is.
Just my view mate looks like he won't get a permit so can't see him coming

Just my view mate looks like he won't get a permit so can't see him coming
Fair enough mate. I would imagine that United will already have done much work, as much as possible to know whether we can get him. I can't see us approaching Oodense, areeing with them and Blessin and then approaching the F.A to know whether we can get him through their rules. Ot would be very embarassing and would be bad press to appoint another manager clearly as second choice if we the fail with Blessin.

Saying all of that there appears to be little room for manouvre over Blessin and the lack of two year rule experience. I'm sure they'll be other names from Holland and Belgium, Germany no doubt that will also be on the list.

The start of the document says that the rules will be reviewed in "early 2021" which might explain why the panels aren't available at the moment.

View attachment 110060
Thanks.
Please, no one misunderstand my posts on this thread. I'm deliberately picking over the rules to help. I'm just saying - there are rules, there is a process, those rules are there for everyone to see.
They're not "my rules". They're rules I've read. And, they'll change. But, as a proud member of the Carrier Bag Firm I have two main skills.

One - distinguishing between Mosaic, Citra & Amarillo Hops in Single Hop Series IPAs North of 6.8% abv

Two - understanding detailed rules & how they work, so that the CBF can do the exact fucking opposite of what was intended & get away with it. The Blaggers Charter.

If we are pursuing 'lexy Blessin, someone at The Lane will have to take care of business.

Thanks.
Please, no one misunderstand my posts on this thread. I'm deliberately picking over the rules to help. I'm just saying - there are rules, there is a process, those rules are there for everyone to see.
They're not "my rules". They're rules I've read. And, they'll change. But, as a proud member of the Carrier Bag Firm I have two main skills.

One - distinguishing between Mosaic, Citra & Amarillo Hops in Single Hop Series IPAs North of 6.8% abv

Two - understanding detailed rules & how they work, so that the CBF can do the exact fucking opposite of what was intended & get away with it. The Blaggers Charter.

If we are pursuing 'lexy Blessin, someone at The Lane will have to take care of business.
If nothing else, through the conversations on here, subsequently picked up by the media, at least the club now know, if they didn't previously, what they're dealing with re work permit for the EFL.

Thanks.

What's the abv %of lexy blessin which hops ? Which micro brewery ,🍺

I'm deliberately picking over the rules to help. I'm just saying - there are rules, there is a process, those rules are there for everyone to see.
But there is also a continual on going "interpretation" of rules and laws. Rules and laws are not normally written in stone. There are always new situations that can alter an understanding of a law or a regulation.

I would imagine United's argument will be along the lines of how Blessin's "undoubted expertise - gained from RB Leitzig and demonstrated at Oostende" - can benefit the development of football as a whole.

It's not as though they are trying to replace Wilder with a comedian from Kazakhstan.

Last edited:
But there is also a continual "interpretation" of rules and laws. Rules and laws are not normally written in stone. There are always new situations that can alter an understanding of a law or regulation.

I would imagine United's argument will be along the lines of how Blessin's "undoubted expertise - gained from RB Leitzig and demonstrated at Oostende" - can benefit the football as a whole.

It's not as though they are trying to replace Wilder with an actor from Kazakhstan.
And. As I've pointed out. With the suspension of the Exceptions Panel after the Jan 2021 Window. There is currently no regulatory body they can make that argument to. Mate. This is a Brexit Shambles. Why are you trying to apply Old Logic to it? We can't even get bivalve molluscs to Calais. There's rioting in Ulster. Didn't you get the Memo? The Home Office are fighting Court Cases with Windrush Immigrants & putting them on military planes home. They ain't got fucking time to worry about a kicky ball cone organiser from Germany or Kazakhstan. (It says here....)

And. As I've pointed out. With the suspension of the Exceptions Panel after the Jan 2021 Window. There is currently no regulatory body they can make that argument to. Mate. This is a Brexit Shambles. Why are you trying to apply Old Logic to it? We can't even get bivalve molluscs to Calais. There's rioting in Ulster. Didn't you get the Memo? The Home Office are fighting Court Cases with Windrush Immigrants & putting them on military planes home. They ain't got fucking time to worry about a kicky ball cone organiser from Germany or Kazakhstan. (It says here....)
Good job it's the fa sorting it ,they love a committee .there's allways a process

There's rioting in Ulster. Didn't you get the Memo? The Home Office are fighting Court Cases with Windrush Immigrants & putting them on military planes home. They ain't got fucking time to worry about a kicky ball cone organiser from Germany
Phil, I don't disagree with anything you say. I'm just trying to add a point of reasoning.

Last edited:
"...and after the news we'll be back with the new one by Kicky Ball Cone Organiser on Sarah Records....".
john_peel_at_mixing_decks.jpg

What's the abv %of lexy blessin which hops ? Which micro brewery ,🍺
As you might guess there have been plenty of Beers with BLESSING in the name. But, I've yet to find one with BLESSIN. BLESSING has got all the usual suspects - Count Your Blessings, Many Blessings, Hidden Blessing, Nature's Blessing, Blessing In Disguise - Yawn.
I can't find any note in the Sacred CBF Records of me ever drinking a beer with BLESSING in the name.
I quite like the sound of...
To Øl Brewery (Copenhagen)
Hidden BLESSING
Imperial New England IPA at 8.4%
Made with a blend of Hops (from Yakima Chief) called Pink Boots. (a blend.of hops for charity supporting a scholarship for women in the brewing industry).
The Pink Boots blend features Sabro, Glacier, Loral, Simcoe and Mosaic. El Dorado hop hash was used in the whirlpool.

Sounds Di Vine

Last edited:

How 'Sheffield United' is this whole escapade?

Weve not had a foreign manager in our 131 year history and the UK was in the EU for 48 years. Now within 4 months of leaving the EU we are trying to appoint a European manager and probably cant because of the new rules.

Only at Bramall Lane !!!

Back
Top Bottom