Incoming? Alexander Blessin

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No, no and thrice no.

Also, what are KV Oostende doing whilst we have these cosy extensive talks in an attempt to woo their employee? I didn't know boardroom cuckolding was a thing.

can see why we’re in for him. Plays 3-5-2 and also like that he changes system to suit.

He speaks well. If there's any truth in this I'd still be very trepidatious.

Any new gaffer is a gamble to some extent but gifting the job to someone who's never even worked in England is always going to be more of a punt than someone who's won promotion to the Premier League previously.

The Championship is a fucking slog and I'd feel we were in safer hands with someone who has successfully guided a club through that slog.

As has been said, the wrong appointment could set us back years.

Just read that but saw this at the bottom

"SunSport also exclusively revealed on Wednesday that the Blades are also keeping tabs on Sean Dyche’s situation at Burnley." 🤣

He’s managed in Belgium and is completely unproven over here. In fact, he’s completely unproven anywhere - at 47 he has had 9 months of experience at first team manager level, at one club, full stop.

But he can work to a budget (!!!) and speaks good English. Bielsa speaks none and is a genius. And with parachute payments we should have a comparatively strong budget.

It looks a terrible gamble IMHO. I give him 10 games.

This is why the new manager selection is such a worry. Our board including Bettis don’t have the experience to recruit a manager. Ok we have Rp Van Wrinkle but he has no experience of the English championship.

this guy could be perfect but how would our board know either way. It scares me.

please just save yourself some time and get Cooper from Swansea, I think he ticks every box

He spent a lot of time at RB Leipzig, so at least the football should be entertaining. But it'd be a big gamble.
Barnsley aren't doing bad with there German, fit as fiddles from what I've seen .
Warner & Farker had no championship experience but have cracked it

He comes across well in his interview. What you have to remember is the board will be doing a lot of research into the next appointment, us fans get a random name thrown at us and the majority of us start to panic and some say “typical, going for the cheap option”.
I’m quite positive about the future of our club. I’m looking forward to seeing where we go in terms of the quality of players we sign from abroad and hoping we go back to a more attacking style of play.

please just save yourself some time and get Cooper from Swansea, I think he ticks every box
and seems to be quite unpopular with some of his fans for his boring and uninspired football and he’s not actually delivered anything.

It’s easy to pick holes in most suggestions if that what you want to do.

He's an unknown to most of us, but he could be just what we need. A young coach who is innovative and wants to develop the players and the younger lads that we have. He's also managing a multi national squad at the moment and he seems thoughtful and articulate.

A gamble maybe, but quite an exciting one if it happens as far as I'm concerned. The flip side to lack of management experience is that he's not tired and doesn't come with baggage from past bad experiences. I like the look of him.

The downside.... He sounds a lot like Clippity Klopp and says 'for sure' in sentences too many times. He would need to change that to a more reasonable 'it wer alreet'.

German engineering for British steel.

Last edited:
This is why the new manager selection is such a worry. Our board including Bettis don’t have the experience to recruit a manager. Ok we have Rp Van Wrinkle but he has no experience of the English championship.

this guy could be perfect but how would our board know either way. It scares me.

Experience is massively overrated when it comes to hiring a new manager.

After Warnock, how did McCabe do with all his years of manager decisions?

I'm open minded about pretty much anyone we put in charge. This guy could turn out to be a Farke as much as a Lukahay.

This might be seen as a gamble to some but I’d be in favour of this appointment. An up and coming manager from the continent will be a breath of fresh air. I particularly liked his comments about adapting to get his best players on the pitch, this approach should’ve been used this season, rather than shoehorning players of lesser quality into a rigid (and failing) system. Oostende have a really promising left footed CH called Arthur Theate that could be interesting for us. And of course Blessin will know a lot of Germany’s exciting youth players like Wosz during his time at RB Leipzig.

Swansea was Coopers 1st club manager post.
Van Winkel seems a knowledgeable guy and knows the Dutch, Belgian & german leagues well.
If its Blessin we have to bless him and get behind him ! A new era.!🤔

Right that's sorted then. I'm off to buy myself a new fish for my tank, and he is to be called 'Blessin the Blade'

I've already fished out 'Big Chris' and flushed him down the bog*

(* disclaimer - no I didn't really, Big Chris is still in there somewhere but he is no longer allowed inside the wreck that I call HMS Blades)

Can someone explain to me any advantage of appointing this lad over Jokanovic? Davie Weir did bits at youth level with Everton. May as well put Heckingbottom in if we want a great youth coach, at least he has some first team experience.

Last edited:

It scared me even more when that twat McCabe picked them, if it wasn't for Harry Bassett telling him about Wilder we would have ended up with another Dobbin!!

People saying Cooper. He may not even be interested. We would also have a big release clause to pay.

This guy seems abit left field. But has worked at RB Leipzig, so has experience of a big club. Also brings through youth players. Something we have been lacking the last few years.

May not require a complete squad overhaul if he plays 352.

Only in S2 do we have such short sighted muck n nettles fans.

Back
Top Bottom