Alex Mowatt

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Depends on how much they're paying him (and what's left in WBA's budget!) Yogi - apparently he turned down an offer from Barnsley to make him their best ever paid player. That may not be saying a lot but it certainly doesn't appear they've got him on the cheap even though they've not paid a fee.
No I’m not saying he’s a cheap option he’s probably on an above average salary for West Brom. Just he’s not going to be received by their fans as an exciting signing so the tag line on their post seemed a bit out of sync with that.

We're not short of left footed midfielders who aren't really very athletic. I'd rather we get someone more dynamic to be honest.

A likely target?

Very good chance IMO and I hope so

Out of contract this summer and Wilder signed him for Boro in August 2022

Left footed playmaker with decent defensive stats. Experienced player at that level now. Would go well with Arblaster and free Hamer up further forward

Don't think we could do too much better than him on a free

I see in 2021 I was happy to pass.

More than happy now though to revisit.

At this level, Hamer-Arblaster-Mowatt is a strong midfield in terms of output and creation in my opinion.

Is it a midfield that is robust enough to compete at the top level? Possibly not, but then again, in the long term we're all dead.

The immediate concern for next season is simply next season.

If we get a new owner then we can rethink, but if you are committed to yo-yoing then getting the best/better Championship player is what you need to do and he is a good one who is combative too and has captained previously.

Would know Wilder too so arguably a logical target.

Indifferent. Will be demanding very good wages. A one year stop gap on a free if the intention is to bounce back immediately, fine. Anything longer and I'm out, if the game plan is to rebuild and get back up slower than directly back up, I'm also out

Indifferent. Will be demanding very good wages. A one year stop gap on a free if the intention is to bounce back immediately, fine. Anything longer and I'm out, if the game plan is to rebuild and get back up slower than directly back up, I'm also out
He doesn’t sign a one year deal though does he?
You’d be look at a 3 even if he’s just to do a job next year. Year one - first teamer. Year two - transition to a new longer term option. Year 3 - squad player/cover.

He doesn’t sign a one year deal though does he?
You’d be look at a 3 even if he’s just to do a job next year. Year one - first teamer. Year two - transition to a new longer term option. Year 3 - squad player/cover.
We can't do 3 year deals. Parachute payments runout by then. We have to keep to 1 or 2 years

Former captain and more of a leader than we have.

I would hope there’s better out there. But wouldn’t be against him.

mediocre championship level player. Not someone to rebuild a team around. I would rather we used davies/slimane in the middle than waste wages on another average player.

This suggestion gives me serious Conor Hourihane vibes....

Back
Top Bottom