Alex Mowatt

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm sure he is someone who SUFC are fully aware of, and his current contract circumstances. He will most probably be on Mitchell's list and if Big Slav wanted Utd to pitch for him then I'm sure we will do. I Imagine that Mowatts agent is starting to turn up the heat a little now for his client and may well be talking to WBA, but he wouldn't be doing his job properly if he didn't advise his client to hold off signing anything until all options on the table have been assessed. It wouldn't surprise me if Utd make a move in a few weeks time (provided Mowatts not signed for someone in the meantime) if and when Slav has been in the building for a few weeks. Utd will have their targets in place now and will be ready to start moving when Slav gives the green light.

The above said, I also think Mowatt would be a very good signing for us this pre season and is the type of player who would do really well for us. He's also a leader and we need a few more of them judging on last seasons on the pitch headless chicken show. Hopefully we will make a move in the next few weeks but if the current Barnsley manager goes to WBA then you can see why they might be making a move for one of his ex players and skipper.

No doubt off to Albion, but in Fleck we've got the best left sided midfielder in the league in my view. I'm convinced he'll rediscover top form this season, he did better last season in the latter months.

I agree i think Fleck will get back to previous heights as he wont have to cover for the crap that has been lunny and norwood

Be an asset for WBA. And we’re relying on getting Fleck back to form/unbreaking him, and Runaround Osborn. Hmmm.

Come on Blades. This is a no brainer.

Be an asset for WBA. And we’re relying on getting Fleck back to form/unbreaking him, and Runaround Osborn. Hmmm.

Come on Blades. This is a no brainer.

His situation and ability won't be unknown to us, or any top end Championship club, for that matter.

I'd hazard a guess if he was of interest to us we'd know and probably be odds on to sign him. Could be wrong, aside from fan suggestions, but haven't seen even a tweet linking us with him?

Feels a touch unfair to criticise (even mildly for this) and I'm certain Slav will be addressing the midfield deficiencies.

On the Fleck point, I've said this before, but for ALL of our players who so dramatically lost form last year, playing in a new league under a new manager, likely in a new style, i think we will see very different fortunes.

His situation and ability won't be unknown to us, or any top end Championship club, for that matter.

I'd hazard a guess if he was of interest to us we'd know and probably be odds on to sign him. Could be wrong, aside from fan suggestions, but haven't seen even a tweet linking us with him?

Feels a touch unfair to criticise (even mildly for this) and I'm certain Slav will be addressing the midfield deficiencies.

On the Fleck point, I've said this before, but for ALL of our players who so dramatically lost form last year, playing in a new league under a new manager, likely in a new style, i think we will see very different fortunes.
I feel it’s a missed opportunity. End of story. If you think that’s a criticism, fine. But it doesn’t change that for me.

I can’t see us getting anywhere near to promotion with the midfield as it stands.

And even if we do, then what? Do we go into a new season in the PL with the same midfield that took such a slaughtering last season?

I can’t see us getting anywhere near to promotion with the midfield as it stands.

And even if we do, then what? Do we go into a new season in the PL with the same midfield that took such a slaughtering last season?
we wont be going in to the new season with the same midfield slav will bring in 2 possibly 3 new players in to that area plus luke freeman coming back in to the squad we will be fine

You are aware that even if we were to be promoted with the current midfield, we are allowed to improve after promotion? You know we don't have to play with the exact same squad that wins promotion... right? Stop worrying about what prem quality players we have, when aren't even there.

No doubt off to Albion, but in Fleck we've got the best left sided midfielder in the league in my view. I'm convinced he'll rediscover top form this season, he did better last season in the latter months.
But we have to then replace him if we go up?
You are aware that even if we were to be promoted with the current midfield, we are allowed to improve after promotion? You know we don't have to play with the exact same squad that wins promotion... right? Stop worrying about what prem quality players we have, when aren't even there.
Surely buying players with a higher potential ability ceiling makes sense though. No point having to buy and settle players twice.

Surely buying players with a higher potential ability ceiling makes sense though. No point having to buy and settle players twice.
Where possible absolutely, but it shouldn’t be the be all end all. Ultimately if there is player that’s going to make us much better but won’t cut it in the prem, that’s absolutely fine also - as long as they’re sensible choices.

Cant see the likes of Mowatt being on Slavs wish list. The incomings will be Jonny Foreigners with interesting names and wizard skills dug up by our international network of clubs and scouts.

Fans are still thinking McCabe/Warnock/Wilder type rebuilding. We are going more cosmopolitan under Princy with young talent, quality loans and Latino skills

Cant see the likes of Mowatt being on Slavs wish list. The incomings will be Jonny Foreigners with interesting names and wizard skills dug up by our international network of clubs and scouts.

Fans are still thinking McCabe/Warnock/Wilder type rebuilding. We are going more cosmopolitan under Princy with young talent, quality loans and Latino skills
Agree that's where we're heading but don't think will be this season. With Paul Mitchell still involved as defacto 'director of football without the title' we will still be looking at players scribbled down in his little black book currently

Hopefully.

Maybe Bob, but not so sure Mowatt wouldn't also need replacing if we went up with him also.

Where possible absolutely, but it shouldn’t be the be all end all. Ultimately if there is player that’s going to make us much better but won’t cut it in the prem, that’s absolutely fine also - as long as they’re sensible choices.
Like loan players though, these should be the exception rather than the rule. Players take time to bed in. If there’s the odd bit of quality who would make our squad better in the short term then sure, we should go for it, but players like that should be the icing rather than the cake.

Left Barnsley now, so available on a free.

Optimistic but I hope you are right !

Baggies reporting he’s signed for the Baggies.

The one you’ve all been waiting for is a bit much. Would’ve been like us announcing Osborn with the same fanfare as Berge. Solid squad contributor but not really a marquee signing.

The one you’ve all been waiting for is a bit much. Would’ve been like us announcing Osborn with the same fanfare as Berge. Solid squad contributor but not really a marquee signing.
Depends on how much they're paying him (and what's left in WBA's budget!) Yogi - apparently he turned down an offer from Barnsley to make him their best ever paid player. That may not be saying a lot but it certainly doesn't appear they've got him on the cheap even though they've not paid a fee.

Back
Top Bottom