Alex Mowatt

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The troubling fact is ... how can we sign anybody until the new manager is installed?

The troubling fact is ... how can we sign anybody until the new manager is installed?

It depends on who will decide on which players are to be signed moving forward. If it's the recruitment team (with p/t DoF) as is in place now, there should be no hold up

We should 100% be in for him, but as I said about the manager, there’s zero chance Mowatt will want to hear from everyone before making a decision.

For me, it all depends on what happens to Luke Freeman. I'd sooner us sign a RCM, unless Freeman is to go.

Is there anything wrong playing two left footers and it's not like we can relly on the players we had last season when most of them did nothing all year

Story elsewhere that Fulham are interested in Daryl Dike at Barnsley, the young striker,,as replacement fir Mitrovic

Story elsewhere that Fulham are interested in Daryl Dike at Barnsley, the young striker,,as replacement fir Mitrovic
Would rather have him than mitrovic but don't think we need strikers we need service so should be looking at players who get a decent number of key passes

Would rather have him than mitrovic but don't think we need strikers we need service so should be looking at players who get a decent number of key passes
I agree, problem is we don't need strikers now, but in could be a case that Slav, doesn't fancy some of them and or we get bids in, not believing for a minute that West Ham are looking at Mcburnie, or many would be upset if Mcb & Mousse, Burke left,, but dafter things have happened

I agree, problem is we don't need strikers now, but in could be a case that Slav, doesn't fancy some of them and or we get bids in, not believing for a minute that West Ham are looking at Mcburnie, or many would be upset if Mcb & Mousse, Burke left,, but dafter things have happened
We have plenty of strikers. Are they strikers the new manager thinks is good enough? Every now and again I forget Mousset actually plays for us. We have to have a plan for him. We can't have him sitting on his arse earning 25k per week then just sauntering off to France on a free. We have to do something useful with him. Either for us or Beerschot but can't just write off fee and next 13 months of wages.

We have plenty of strikers. Are they strikers the new manager thinks is good enough? Every now and again I forget Mousset actually plays for us. We have to have a plan for him. We can't have him sitting on his arse earning 25k per week then just sauntering off to France on a free. We have to do something useful with him. Either for us or Beerschot but can't just write off fee and next 13 months of wages.
Completely agree, mentioned it earlier re Burke,,can't remember if it was Kendall or Warnock, or both, that were questioned how they got performances out of players so quickly,,the answer was we sit them down and just simplify things, tell them exactly what their role is, just concentrate on X and forget Y,Z , have to try something with Mousse and if it doesn't work then act in the best interests of the club.

Completely agree, mentioned it earlier re Burke,,can't remember if it was Kendall or Warnock, or both, that were questioned how they got performances out of players so quickly,,the answer was we sit them down and just simplify things, tell them exactly what their role is, just concentrate on X and forget Y,Z , have to try something with Mousse and if it doesn't work then act in the best interests of the club.
Exactly what Burke needs imo, simplify his game, play him out wide, beat the full back and get a cross/shot in.

Exactly what Burke needs imo, simplify his game, play him out wide, beat the full back and get a cross/shot in.
said it before and got laughed at, I still think, if Luiz had been sent off for pulling him back, at Arsenal, Burke would have got more playing time, and used to push back the full back or a CB across if the FB went forward, given that simple instruction, and used as an out ball, under pressure, need to move the ball, the target is Burke, wide on one wing, no other job/position

Agree and feel playing right-side of a front 3 would be his best position. However, as shown on many, many occasions last season, his end product is so devoid of quality it's untrue - so expect so see lots of balls hitting the first man or sailing into the Kop

yeah agree with you if burke stays he has to be played as a winger or like you say the wide man in a front 3 hes just not a striker yet another example of wilder trying to put a square peg in to a round hole

I hope he never puts on a United shirt again.

Unless he undergoes an improvement of nigh on biblical proportions, he is the physical embodiment of the absolute shitness of us last season. His arrival at the club was the start of our decline.

I hope he never puts on a United shirt again.

Unless he undergoes an improvement of nigh on biblical proportions, he is the physical embodiment of the absolute shitness of us last season. His arrival at the club was the start of our decline.
No it didn’t, we’d been declining shit since lockdown.

I was with you until you mentioned him crossing and shooting.

Observation suggests he'll shoot when he should cross and cross when he should shoot :(

I was with you until you mentioned him crossing and shooting.

Observation suggests he'll shoot when he should cross and cross when he should shoot :(

Yes, but he's so bad at shooting and crossing that his shots will resemble crosses and vice versa. So maybe it'll all even out?

As we know, we are absolutely desperate for depth and improvements in the midfield.
As we know, we are either skint or saving our money for next season.
As we know, we have already missed out on a very capable left footed midfielder who'd fit slap bang in our system in Conor Hourihane.

Now, Alex Mowatt is a name that I think we should be right after.
Barnsley captain, ex Leeds, from Donny. Out of contract in 6 months and stalling on a new deal.
We could offer them 1mil and they'd snap our hands off. He gets 6 months Premier League experience and we get a very capable Championship performer for next season.

They've had a terrific season so far and he's been a huge part of that.
Left footed, mobile, a good passer of the ball and with leadership qualities. Has also played the deeper Norwood style role whilst at Barnsley, he'd be equally capable of doing what Fleck does. As we know both are dreadfully out of form and he wouldn't struggle getting into the side imo.
A much better footballer than Osborn, and a huge asset for us next season in my opinion.

He wouldn't even need to move house!
Fabulous OP from a quite brilliant poster. Couldn't agree more.

Put Moose in charge of catering at BDTBL maybe his true vocation in life .... might even put a new twist on fast food?!

Back
Top Bottom