Alan Nixon Thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sell Anel for Mepham would be a great bit of business.

Sell Anel for Mepham would be a great bit of business.
What exactly do you know about Mepham ?
Hardly played for Bournemouth this season, he did play against QPR in the cup but got hooked at half time when they were 2-0 down they then went on too win 3-2.
It dosent scream out to me that he would be an upgrade on Anel.

Hardly played for Bournemouth this season, he did play against QPR in the cup but got hooked at half time when they were 2-0 down they then went on too win 3-2.
Anel hasn’t made the cut in the PL. Mepham has at least shown he can play at this level.

We will need to sell as we always do so we don’t have a great choice.

No to selling Anel, he‘ll develop under Wilder and would be excellent again bombing forward in the champ.

Don‘t sell him Chris.
I agree but if the ridiculous figures of £15/20 million are even close I'd have say on your way however if the figure is around what we paid or just over say around £4/6 million then no way we will definitely want him next season.

Agreed. There is a reason Bournemouth are looking to offload him - he's struggled to get first team starts and has been error prone when he has played. Largely, a disappointment since he was signed.
Also a very different player to Anel - might depend on whether CW plans to play 3 or 4 at the back.

I think there’s a case to sell Anel if the fee is good and we know how to replace him.

But Mepham has never fulfilled his potential - he’s always looked fragile. If he’s the plan I’d be surprised.

We aren’t in a position financially or in a good league position to start trying to sign first team players from other Premier League clubs, we’ve done ok from buying other teams ‘seconds’ far better than buying the more expensive supposedly ‘polished’ versions don’t forget that JOC or Egan weren’t regulars in their previous teams, usually CW can pick a good defender (may be not other departments) we do need a rebuild so if we have to sacrifice a few for some money to start the ball rolling so be it there’s also the potential mass exodus if current players don’t sign their contracts.

No chance Anel stays if we are relegated. Zero. Nil. Nada. Seem to recall an interview saying something along those lines.

He might have a had a poor start in the Premier League but so has the entire team. He’s still young, has a massive potential upside and was immense last year.

Certainly think a team would take maybe a £10m, maybe a touch higher, punt on him.

If we think his value is higher now, whilst we are a PL team, than once we are relegated- then I’ve no doubt we’ll sell.

No chance Anel stays if we are relegated. Zero. Nil. Nada. Seem to recall an interview saying something along those lines.

He might have a had a poor start in the Premier League but so has the entire team. He’s still young, has a massive potential upside and was immense last year.

Certainly think a team would take maybe a £10m, maybe a touch higher, punt on him.

If we think his value is higher now, whilst we are a PL team, than once we are relegated- then I’ve no doubt we’ll sell.
He was immense a third of the season after his illness he wasn’t the same player

Which club would be in for him?

Which club would be in for him?
No idea, frankly.

Could easily see a promoted team from this season having a look, bottom third Premier League teams a possibility.

Had a decent spell in France (Bordeaux?) before joining us, could go back there. Maybe suitors in Italy?

I think a lot of clubs would be willing to buy based on prior form, and assume this year is the exception rather than the rule.

No idea, frankly.

Could easily see a promoted team from this season having a look, bottom third Premier League teams a possibility.

Had a decent spell in France (Bordeaux?) before joining us, could go back there. Maybe suitors in Italy?

I think a lot of clubs would be willing to buy based on prior form, and assume this year is the exception rather than the rule.
I just can't see a premier league club needing him. He's best when able to go forward imo and very few sides will use that side of him. If bash was 10 years younger it would be the same!

Selling Anel, nigh selling anybody under contract for next season would be absolutely mental. We have enough work to do to put together a team in August. My Aunt used to work on the reception desk at the Lane 30 years ago and I fear she'll be starting next season up front.
It’s the old cliche ‘where’s all the money gone’ but it’s bloody true.

We spent fuck all this season & archer is set to go back to Villa when we’re relegated so our net spend must be £20-25m once he does.

Where the hell is the rest of it

It’s the old cliche ‘where’s all the money gone’ but it’s bloody true.

We spent fuck all this season & archer is set to go back to Villa when we’re relegated so our net spend must be £20-25m once he does.

Where the hell is the rest of it
Didn’t Prince Albert say he was paying some of the debt

Back
Top Bottom